• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Tess3ract

Banned
As a zerker i one shot basilisks and kumas, they just piss stam pots

higher level ones also but i dont one shot them so i dont feel it's worth the extra 4 seconds of effort

LuCkymoON

Banned
Made my first gif of Tera.

ibpuImnAVoVlVB.gif

Love the animation in this game.

is there any class better at pvp than a slayer?

Rinoa

Such a cruddy instance but I had to do it once to see it.
(Ascent)

542078_10151029019352652_508032651_12213003_475591860_n.jpg

542078_10151029019377652_508032651_12213004_36167882_n.jpg

542078_10151029019397652_1835288677_n.jpg

I also randomly did Sky Garden last night.

Someone has to take those "THIS IS THE ___ TEST" voice samples and put em in a 90s rap song. Just saying.

also digging this new robe on castanic, just getting more and more naked
301876_10151029488717652_1701065616_n.jpg

2San

I see this, and Looney Tunes sounds effects are going off in my head.
PVP in this game is a particular brand of nuts.
Yup, eventhough there are many aspect of the game I don't like, pvp with this combat system is amazing.
is there any class better at pvp than a slayer?
The sorc can kill a slayer(especially if the slayer start with 0mp). It goes either way at lvl 47 at least. I'm personally not that familiar with lvl60 pvp. In that gif, the sorc screwed up the glacier retreat. The sorc said the slayer was on him in his screen, not sure if this is a excuse(his pc is crappy tho). The punishment of that mistake looked awesome, hence the gif. :p

From what I hear Warriors deal with Slayers decently as well.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Just beat Sky Garden; was a lot of fun. During the fight with the giant and the basilisks everybody died except me and I kited around while my poison arrow whittled down the giant's health. That was scary.

Lebron

Grr, I hate when people randomly jump in and start attacking when I'm soloing a BAM, especially when it leads to it resetting to full health for some damn reason after chasing them off.

Visceir

How do you activate the vanity cam or whatever you guys are using to take pictures of your characters?

Ctrl+Z

Just failed 10 attempts with gold and 6 with blues on my weapon from +8 to +9. A massive gut punch.

Fortunately right after the daily quests reset and I got my Invalesco rep to Trusted. +2 power crystals, yay.

NeOak

http://tera-cdn3.enmasse-game.com/datastore/images/2012/05/26/00/44/49/354/pirate.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/unlock-in-game-prizes-by-sharing-tera/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social_media&utm_campaign=promo[/url][/QUOTE]

Quote the HUGE pictures kthxbye.

Kokonoe

Banned
Free 25% Off Discount code for Tera. Quote to view hidden.

Get 25% off TERA when you buy before May 31.

Now i'm not entirely sure if this works for accounts that aren't mine, but it's worth a shot if you want to purchase Tera at a discount.

Sblargh

Banned
No vent no loot no freedom no guild!

That is the current theme of dragonfall pve guild

We got mumble and raid party for when people hit higher lvl, I don't know what no freedom even means.
If this is about the dude leaving, I don't want to bring drama into the thread, but you can't force people to give you an expensive weapon just because you are on the guild. What if I need money more than you need the weapon?
You ask something, a person refuses, you can't go into bitch mode.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
well in 11 hrs i will be able to play this game! the download is taking so damn long and im only getting .5 mbps dl speed right now :(

NeOak

well in 11 hrs i will be able to play this game! the download is taking so damn long and im only getting .5 mbps dl speed right now :(

disable P2P

We got mumble and raid party for when people hit higher lvl, I don't know what no freedom even means.
If this is about the dude leaving, I don't want to bring drama into the thread, but you can't force people to give you an expensive weapon just because you are on the guild. What if I need money more than you need the weapon?
You ask something, a person refuses, you can't go into bitch mode.

I wasn't on when it happened, but yeah. You can't ask people to give you a 6000+ gold enigmatic weapon just because "i'm in the guild". He wasn't there when they got it, so he can shove his entitlement up his ass. Funny thing is they tried to talk to him and he didn't answer.

Next one that tries to pull something like that gets immediately kicked from the guild.

Cori from the TERA Europe forums translated a new article about the Queen of Argon part 2 update:

Hi everyone! Browsing through the japanese TERA site I came across the newest Blue's notes article which revealed some new information regarding the upcoming update Queen of Argon part 2. The in-house code name for the build is called T4.1. I tweeted about this already but let me share this piece of info here too, Berserkers will get a revamp in terms of skills and gameplay. No details were revealed though. There will be a Novice System, players can pretty much "mentor" new players for drop buffs etc.

Finally, the note had two concept arts attached to it showcasing 2 new instances for part 2. The text suggests that they are connected to the novice system, no further details are known yet.

AkUl7.jpg

QEwg1.jpg

T.O.P

Banned
Any other way to get the glasses outside of the facebook contest? i want'em so bad but i don't have an FB account e.e

@derp, didn't think about it, is only for NA?

Kit Airwave

Neo Member
Ctrl+Z

Just failed 10 attempts with gold and 6 with blues on my weapon from +8 to +9. A massive gut punch.

Fortunately right after the daily quests reset and I got my Invalesco rep to Trusted. +2 power crystals, yay.

lvl 60 I assume?

I found that you can enchant to +6 for a low cost by buying higher level gear(therefore having a higher ilvl). Clearly that option isn't available at 60.

Kit Airwave

Neo Member
Dear Neogaf,

I will take any and all fanesteel that you don't want. It's practically just taking up your bank and inventory space anyway right?! I'll even pay you 10G per! :)

Any other way to get the glasses outside of the facebook contest? i want'em so bad but i don't have an FB account e.e

@derp, didn't think about it, is only for NA?

NA only..

the promotion is being run by En Masse

You don't need to have shared the link to get the glasses.. EME made them available to all customers and posted the codes on their website.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
A revamp? Huh, that's interesting. Guess they scrapped the idea of just a minor buff.

I bet archers are going to get it too most likely.

The way I see zerks working better is to double the charge time of their attacks and cut the dmg on them in half and reduce the cooldowns as well. Would make them more in line with the other dps classes and make it so they are not so slow and clunky in the more intense fights. At the same time it wont break them in pvp due to the reduced burst damage.

The way I see zerks working better is to double the charge time of their attacks and cut the dmg on them in half and reduce the cooldowns as well. Would make them more in line with the other dps classes and make it so they are not so slow and clunky in the more intense fights. At the same time it wont break them in pvp due to the reduced burst damage.

The problem is that one hit can knock you out of a charge and force you to start over. Given how random bosses can be it's an issue. It's less of a problem for Archers because they're further out and have some wiggle room as a result.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I know I can buy Firesnaps in Velika, but does anyone know anything about smilecrackers and firecrackers?

jiien

added the pirate hat. is there anything left from the pirate stuff that EU got?

EDIT: fixed typo ;P

I haven't seen you in a while, dude. (I've been busy with work and D3 myself). How's it going?

On a side note, and I'm posting it here for more visibility, work has really taken a toll on my ability to play TERA (or any games for that matter). I really shouldn't be guild master if I'm not going to be around more than I am. If anyone wants to take over, let me know. I still plan to play, I just feel bad that I'm not around more to help the guild out.

I haven't seen you in a while, dude. (I've been busy with work and D3 myself). How's it going?

On a side note, and I'm posting it here for more visibility, work has really taken a toll on my ability to play TERA (or any games for that matter). I really shouldn't be guild master if I'm not going to be around more than I am. If anyone wants to take over, let me know. I still plan to play, I just feel bad that I'm not around more to help the guild out.

Same minus the work lulz. I figure you wouldn't be around since i haven't even seen you here lol.

But i'm Soloing D3 at the moment (on Act 2 Nightmare).

jiien

Same minus the work lulz. I figure you wouldn't be around since i haven't even seen you here lol.

But i'm Soloing D3 at the moment (on Act 2 Nightmare).

Haha, yeah I just went through a ton of stuff at work, so my free time evaporated. I've been doing D3 with the little time I have because it's more bite-sized.

Saff sounds like a good idea to me, but I have to make sure the cute Elin is on board before I saddle her with the incredible burden of leading Gaffers anywhere.

Haha, yeah I just went through a ton of stuff at work, so my free time evaporated. I've been doing D3 with the little time I have because it's more bite-sized.

Saff sounds like a good idea to me, but I have to make sure the cute Elin is on board before I saddle her with the incredible burden of leading Gaffers anywhere.

Let Yue be guild leader /trollface.

New patch tomorrow:

New Stuff and Changes
  • Added a new level 60 dungeon instance: Temple of Temerity.
  • Players can enter the temple by talking to Ebir inside Forgeheart in Kaiator. Note to castanic characters: talk does not mean flirt.
  • New quest added: “Test your Temerity”
  • Temple of Temerity has been added to Instance Matching.
  • Minimum item level to enter is 138.

Rules of the temple:
  • You don't talk about the temple.
  • You don't talk about the temple.
  • The temple is a small instance where you protect a relic for 20 minutes.
  • Four levels of rewards scale with greater success during the three phases.

• Level one: Succeed by protecting the relic for 20 minutes.
  • Level two: Succeed by clearing phase one plus killing one named mob.
  • Level three: Succeed by clearing phase two plus killing two named mobs.
  • Level four: Succeed by clearing phase three and killing three named mobs.

• You also earn dire and practicum badges by clearing the Temple of Temerity.
  • Dire badge merchants will sell specific advanced glyphs (unlike honey badger merchants, who just don't give a…)
  • Practicum badge merchants will sell “glyph boxes” that give players random advanced glyphs for their class, alkahest, intricate identification scrolls, practicum badges, or dire badges.
  • Added an achievement for beating Kelsaik's Nest 30 times on hard mode. You'll receive a Kelsaik mask when you unlock this achievement, but don’t worry—no one will mistake you for a lunatic god who woke up too early.
  • Improved gathering skill: skill level increases even when you fail to gather because, hey, why not learn from your mistakes?
  • Messages now guide players on using proper enchant materials (alkahest) per enchant level.
  • It’s worth noting, the residents of Val Kaeli have reported atmospheric disturbances in the skies…

Bugs Squashed
  • Quest: Fixed the issue where players were not receiving credit when killing Thulsa in the “Unveil the Mask” quest. Oops, spoiler alert.
  • Political System: Fixed some issues with the policy page.
  • Fraya has conquered laryngitis and now can be heard in the cut scene for the “Traitor of Acarum” quest.
  • The popori pranksters who mislabeled the dungeon teleportal buttons were more mischievous than we thought—they also switched the labels in the quest log. The names have been restored. Several popori have been punished.
  • Made several localization fixes such as typos in quests.

Free 25% Off Discount code for Tera. Quote to view hidden.

Get 25% off TERA when you buy before May 31.

Now i'm not entirely sure if this works for accounts that aren't mine, but it's worth a shot if you want to purchase Tera at a discount.

Just wanted to say thanks for this. I bought and I'm downloading the game client now. Wish it were faster, I was hoping to play today, but it's going hella slow.

What server should I join? I am looking for a North American PVP Server

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Did NT twice last weekend. Got so many gold items, it was super fun.

Actually, twice and a half. Second run had a lancer that quit half-way cuz the first boss only dropped only a bomb loot. LOL. I think it was cuz there were two lvl 48s in the group, whilst the rest of us were still at 44 (including the lancer). The leader was a zerker and he was at 48. The moment the lancer dropped, he dropped too. Party was disbanded, and then I requeued and was grouped up with a lvl 44 lancer. He was super friendly, and was the group leader too. Flawless run, loots were great, friends were added, etc.

Now at Frontera, wading through yellow quests. Man, it's starting to really feel, at the mid 40s, that having a dps partner to level up is invaluable for a support class. I can just imagine slogging through monsters as a solo mystic. It's doable, but it'll take too long and I'm not that patient.

Yay golds!

I did CR for the first time yesterday. First time was only for the last boss, second time we ran it in like 10 minutes or something crazy from start to finish. The DPS was strong in that group and I maximised it with MP regen aura and Titanic buff thing. :D

Next run was damm quick also clean and lots of golds for me :D

Then I got into a group with a 36lancer, who couldn't keep agrro from me, didn't block as much as a lvl 36 lancer should in CR, and he would go down waaaay to fast for me to heal him. He complained it was the dps, so a lvl 36 slayer dropped then we got a 40 slayer and beat the trash but the first boss was impossible to heal him if he got three hits on him and we just kept wiping. So I left saying he needed a priest to keep up with him.

But all in all pretty fun dungeon. Trash are super redonk with them damm mystics spam ring D:
I'm using the same skill on bosses and bams when I have nothing else to do, just to global top up MP for DPS. I might glyph the skill to reduce damage too which could be useful.
Now at 37.5 and still enjoying it! Haven't got to play any more on my lancer :<

Im at Frontera now for the first time, was running around the big cave thing, with the crabs and spiders, ......... but then D3 waylaid me.

Havent TERA since Sunday, tbh.

I think there's something like a lack of rewarding instance around the time most players hit the Frontera region that makes the slog upwards even more sloggishly.

Anuxinamon, CR is kinda pretty in the castle-in-the-sky way, isnt it? : ) I ran CR twice, first time had poor loot drops, but second time I got my gold armour : D I think you'll enjoy NT more. It's a more engaging instance, and the first boss has an annoying room that he fights in. Be careful when he aggros at you, cuz if you run around too much in the room, he'd reset his HP and that will annoy the group muchly.

Aww, I am same with you, I havent tended to my alt at all either lately .____.

That lancer on your third CR run sounds like he's not very good at blocking damage at the right timing. Maybe he's off on reading the tells of the boss : (

But all in all, sounds like you're having fun and hooray for gold loots and yay on the first two flawless CR runs ! Running instances in speedy modes are fun : ) (Also echoing your love for bad-ass dps!)

I'm almost at 46 now, just mucking about in Frontera : ) Next instance for me is Sigil Astrigo, but I've read a lot at GAF that it's not a very rewarding instance to run. So, I may just run it out of curiousity. I donno yet. I'll ask my DPS partner about it.... If I do, I'll relay my experiences : )

Ken

Im at Frontera now for the first time, was running around the big cave thing, with the crabs and spiders, ......... but then D3 waylaid me.

Havent TERA since Sunday, tbh.

I think there's something like a lack of rewarding instance around the time most players hit the Frontera region that makes the slog upwards even more sloggishly.

Anuxinamon, CR is kinda pretty in the castle-in-the-sky way, isnt it? : ) I ran CR twice, first time had poor loot drops, but second time I got my gold armour : D I think you'll enjoy NT more. It's a more engaging instance, and the first boss has an annoying room that he fights in. Be careful when he aggros at you, cuz if you run around too much in the room, he'd reset his HP and that will annoy the group muchly.

Aww, I am same with you, I havent tended to my alt at all either lately .____.

That lancer on your third CR run sounds like he's not very good at blocking damage at the right timing. Maybe he's off on reading the tells of the boss : (

But all in all, sounds like you're having fun and hooray for gold loots and yay on the first two flawless CR runs ! Running instances in speedy modes are fun : ) (Also echoing your love for bad-ass dps!)

I'm almost at 46 now, just mucking about in Frontera : ) Next instance for me is Sigil Astrigo, but I've read a lot at GAF that it's not a very rewarding instance to run. So, I may just run it out of curiousity. I donno yet. I'll ask my DPS partner about it.... If I do, I'll relay my experiences : )

Which class are you that's 46? Are you on Dragonfall? Maybe we can party for quests if you just got to Frontera.

Top Bottom