• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Koreans are rather forward thinking in this design. Fanservice for both genders and all sexualities*!

Except shotacons~

Wallach

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of "which TERA server has the highest GAF population?" with that question.

I think Dragonfall has most of us. GAF membership isn't required to be in the GAF guild, but that's been a positive thing for us so far (we have a very active guild). If you want to play on a PvE ruleset server definitely come to Dragonfall.

Edit - On a side note, Warrior blockins': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCMl0dVKk8k

Just got this in an e-mail from Frogster as part of a subscription reminder:

15 vs 15 cross-server battlegrounds are on the way, taking PvP combat to a whole new level. Not only that, but battlegrounds allow players to fight for the position of Vanarch, foregoing the need to run in an election. Battlegrounds will add an additional layer of intrigue as the Vanarchs' ability to defend their titles and manage their communities will be challenged by ambitious newcomers.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Alright so I'm downloading the game now. What class should I choose to play? In terms of most fun, best animations/spell effects, etc. In WoW I played a druid from the beginning even when they were underpowered because it was the most fun. I don't mind support if the overall class is interesting. The only class I'm setting aside is Ranger because I just came from playing one in Dragon's Dogma, Demon Hunter in Diablo 3, highest Age of Conan character also a Ranger, etc I think I'm burned out a bit on using traps and kiting.

2San

Just got this in an e-mail from Frogster as part of a subscription reminder:

This should add for an interesting dynamic. I can totally see pvp guilds tax the hell out of everything, since I'm assuming they aren't reliant on votes.
Alright so I'm downloading the game now. What class should I choose to play? In terms of most fun, best animations/spell effects, etc. In WoW I played a druid from the beginning even when they were underpowered because it was the most fun. I don't mind support if the overall class is interesting. The only class I'm setting aside is Ranger because I just came from playing one in Dragon's Dogma, Demon Hunter in Diablo 3, highest Age of Conan character also a Ranger, etc I think I'm burned out a bit on using traps and kiting.
The slayer has pretty nice animation revolving around big swings or stab moves. Warriors have pretty nice animation as well(I really like their disappearing gap closer that also stuns). They are played by a lot of people though. I personally really like the sorc, their animations aren't that interesting, but I really like their combat mechanics, their skills have a nice variety.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Squeezed my way into Velika Wilds. Not much there!

tera_001.jpg

tera_002.jpg

As a warrior, it saddens me to say that it took me till 50 to realize how op combative strike is. I always used it for the debuff but now I use it as my main filler and almost off cooldown. It hits pretty hard and the best thing about it is that it only costs hp not mana. I find myself constantly pulling off the tank now where before I rarely did.

Rinoa

Does anyone plan to turn off the auto renew thing for a month then come back later?

The site doesn't make it clear that if you turn off auto renew your account/characters are fine.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
This Nexus thing is pretty much unplayable. Any tips?

It's not just the framerate - it keeps disconnecting me.

Sblargh

Banned
Epicuruhn is dead! :(
Funny thing about dead people is that after a nexus is destroyed, healers kind of go around rezzing people; I try to do this, but since everyone is invisible, I just rezz whenever name is not moving... which usually means I'm wasting a ressurection on an alive afk guy.

Lebron

You fight Duriel later on too. They got the sequence of events wrong here, as you destroy Diablo's soulstone BEFORE you fight Duriel in Tera.
Yeah, and if someone in your party destroys it before you, you won't get credit for it. First time I didn't know. Second time, some douche still jumped the gun after I told them we need to do it same time. I think I'm just going to give up on this one, really don't need the exp or weapon.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'm having major issues connecting or staying connecting to NA TERA servers (from EU). Even enmasse forums are slow/unreachable. Might be routing issues, but it sure is a pain.

Cystm

Tera using cloud gaming to allow players litterally no hassle at all to demo their game is amazing. So impressed with that. Within ten seconds I was playing the game.

Bravo.

Wallach

Guys, how's the Ascent of Saravash, gear wise? I could do with something nice @ lvl 52. :3

It's solid loot for 52, but it's a little stingy kind of like Sigil Adstringo. However worth it because also like Sigil Adstringo it drops BoP weapons which are massively superior to BoE weapons of the same tier.

It's solid loot for 52, but it's a little stingy kind of like Sigil Adstringo. However worth it because also like Sigil Adstringo it drops BoP weapons which are massively superior to BoE weapons of the same tier.

You level so fast in this game that running those dungeons for marginally better gear which is then obsolete 4 levels later is a waste of time.

Wallach

You level so fast in this game that running those dungeons for marginally better gear which is then obsolete 4 levels later is a waste of time.

I guess I don't know how it is for non-healers, but as a Priest the staff out of Sigil Adstringo is better for healing than level 55-58 BoE weapons on the AH. It's a level 45 staff, I think.

Scum

Cheers. I'll give it a first run and see what's it like. :D

Anything from in there will probably be miles better than what I have. I'll have a go and then, perhaps, scour the Trade Broker afterwards.

I guess I don't know how it is for non-healers, but as a Priest the staff out of Sigil Adstringo is better for healing than level 55-58 BoE weapons on the AH. It's a level 45 staff, I think.

That's the only exception because EME messed up the scaling down of Priest and Mystic weapons from SA, which is a scaled-down level 58 endgame dungeon. I guess if you're Priest or Mystic it's worth running SA for the hilariously powerful healer weapons from it.

That's the only exception because EME messed up the scaling down of Priest and Mystic weapons from SA, which is a scaled-down level 58 endgame dungeon. I guess if you're Priest or Mystic it's worth running SA for the hilariously powerful healer weapons from it.

So what your saying is that Wallach is a turrible priest that is getting by because of broken lewts. I knew it!

Mims

Well since all my friends left me again and playing alone isn't fun (never play new MMOs with RL friends) I decided to roll a lancer over on dragonfall. Would like an invite to Believe if there is room. IGN: Mims

Suffered through Nexus all weekend and obtained 3 pieces of my T12 PVP gear (weapon, body, and gloves). Nexus is probably considered a form of torture in some countries. I hope the Summer update helps...

Xiaoki

As much as I like Tera ....Im quitting until Queen of Argon part 2.

It was unholy combination of EXTREME grind and EXTREME RNG.

Im fine with one or the other but not both.

The Western-style leveling and Korean-style end game is NOT working for either region. Blue Hole and En Masse really need to get together and figure out what the want Tera to be. And they need to do so fast.

Sblargh

Banned

The Western-style leveling and Korean-style end game is NOT working for either region. Blue Hole and En Masse really need to get together and figure out what the want Tera to be. And they need to do so fast.

I'll agree that this end game is weird. Two dungeons over and over plus get money, try to enchant, lose money.
I don't know, it's really weird.

People in my guild are running Balder's Temple over and over for an enigmatic weapon. It would be one thing if the weapon they were looking for didn't drop, but often times the last boss doesn't even drop one. Calling this discouraging is a little of an understatement. :-/

I myself gave up on seeing the enigmatic robes from Fane of Kaprima and ended up swinging a deal to buy one.

Top Bottom