• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Sblargh

Banned
So, guild event during Nexus? By friday, I hope I am 60. (52 now)
Btw, I went from 50 to 52 crazy fast. A bit worried about the fabled 56-58.

Effect

In the end I had to chat with support in order to my billing canceled. :( That did not leave a good impression on me in the end and not sure if I'll go back unless I get confirmation this problem has been fixed. Going to be really annoyed if I still get changed though. I had them remove my personal information just on the chance it might happen but I'll find out soon.

In the end I had to chat with support in order to my billing canceled. :( That did not leave a good impression on me in the end and not sure if I'll go back unless I get confirmation this problem has been fixed. Going to be really annoyed if I still get changed though. I had them remove my personal information just on the chance it might happen but I'll find out in the middle of June.

if you used paypal you should check your subscription manager and see if you have any active sub.

Ryuuga

Banned
tera_screenshot_20120pn8dy.png
Congratulations NeOak. DRAGON FALL FOREVER! Taking over the VK in Argonea!!

Coverly

Really late to the party. Was part of K-tera but didn't have any time to play until now.

Wow, Gaf guild Believe is full at 300. Anyone mind letting out an alt so that I can get in :3

I'm on now, character name Sooty.

Westlo

Those are robes right? Kind of tempted to race change my slayer into a Castanic. Human is kind of boring.

The end game Castanic Female Robes are so top tier... High Elf Females generally have the best robes for leveling but the Level 60 Robes for Castanics are awesome, and this latest one keeps to that trend.

NeOak

Something Terable isn't a zerg guild. They're all goons, that's all the relation you need.

I know it isn't, but certain guilds have accused them of being one. I just lol at the silliness of it.

Girl did kinda botch up the election with that sarcastic statement though.

Does GAF own DragonFall now, I'm confused.

Because I used the vanarch channel to direct the zerg swarm during the nexus, i'm already being called the zerg queen lol.

So is it possible to get back in the guild? Been gone a few weeks for work.

Name - Solidus

Really late to the party. Was part of K-tera but didn't have any time to play until now.

Wow, Gaf guild Believe is full at 300. Anyone mind letting out an alt so that I can get in :3

I'm on now, character name Sooty.

I had to disable registrations because im getting a lot of requests to join the guild, so I'm screening each one. I'll have to kick 2 inactives. Message "Serena" in game. But be sure that you are gonna be active.

Izayoi

Banned
GYnK8.jpg

lol

Well, as far as EME is concerned I'm done with progression, so I guess it's time to alt. Piss poor handling of the Nexus schedule means I might as well not even try to keep up anymore, I literally will never be able to participate in a Nexus event ever until they change the schedule.

Coverly

I had to disable registrations because im getting a lot of requests to join the guild, so I'm screening each one. I'll have to kick 2 inactives. Message "Serena" in game. But be sure that you are gonna be active.

Thanks for the invite! Going to spend some time tomorrow reading through this thread to catch up on things.

cilonen

lvl 15 since starting yesterday - I'm up in the woods having just moved on from the Lumbertown area to the next section through the cave & taking back Crescentia (IIRC)

I always thought unicorns were fairly rapid creatures. Who knew they were the slowest of all mythical beasts.

2San

http://i.imgur.com/GYnK8.jpg[img]

lol

Well, as far as EME is concerned I'm done with progression, so I guess it's time to alt. Piss poor handling of the Nexus schedule means I might as well not even try to keep up anymore, I literally will never be able to participate in a Nexus event ever until they change the schedule.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity what's the schedule?

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
Well just started playing the game about a week ago and was surprised how fun the game was. I started with a priest, 25 now, and was surprised how active you have to be when healing. Any pointers to a new priest in training? I feel like I'm doing it wrong half the time.

If there's any room left in the guild my characters name is Aillia

2San

Well just started playing the game about a week ago and was surprised how fun the game was. I started with a priest, 25 now, and was surprised how active you have to be when healing. Any pointers to a new priest in training? I feel like I'm doing it wrong half the time.

If there's any room left in the guild my characters name is Aillia
It helps if you say which server you are on.

My main is a mystic, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I do have a 20 something priest.

Well your lock on heal(Focus Heal) is pretty important, while not your best heal, it has range, low cool down and low mp cost, it draws aggro like crazy if you use it 2 times in a row(Glyphed mine for 3 targets, so that I can "miss"). My main heals comes from Restorative Burst, while it is a MP drain it doesn't seem to draw aggro at all(I'm not sure on this). I found Regenerating circle to be practically useless, while it hits a large area the heal is weaker. So I tend to prefer Restorative burst, which albeit smaller heals for more and people can run into it.

Remember to dispel your party(and yourself) if you get with a debuf, you see their HP bars turn purple and they get a yellow exclamation mark(not sure if you need to activate this in options). You only have one skill for this; Purifying Circle.

Your sleep(Ishara's Lullaby) is pretty good remember to abuse it for all it's worth. In PvE is a good interrupt skill in pvp it's nice to knock someone out of combat for 10secs.

Be patient with resurrecting someone, be sure to check that someone else has the aggro before doing this.

An important part of healing(or any caster really) is Mana management you have 2 skills. One is a charge skill, which you should let charge all the way. And Mana infusion, this gives you a mana regen buff, remember that when you use offensive spells it removes the buff. I personally highly prefer to use Mana Infusion when I'm just focused on my own mana.

Edit: Mixed up Healing circle for Regenerating circle.

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
It helps if you say which server you are on.

My main is a mystic, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I do have a 20 something priest.

Well your lock on heal(Focus Heal) is pretty important, while not your best heal, it has range, low cool down and low mp cost, it draws aggro like crazy if you use it 2 times in a row(Glyphed mine for 3 targets, so that I can "miss"). My main heals comes from Restorative Burst, while it is a MP drain it doesn't seem to draw aggro at all(I'm not sure on this). I found Healing circle to be practically useless, while it hits a large area the heal is weaker. So I tend to prefer Restorative burst, which albeit smaller heals for more and people can run into it. They share the same cool down as well.

Remember to dispel your party(and yourself) if you get with a debuf, you see their HP bars turn purple and they get a yellow exclamation mark(not sure if you need to activate this in options). You only have one skill for this; Purifying Circle.

Your sleep(Ishara's Lullaby) is pretty good remember to abuse it for all it's worth. In PvE is a good interrupt skill in pvp it's nice to knock someone out of combat for 10secs.

Be patient with resurrecting someone, be sure to check that someone else has the aggro before doing this.

An important part of healing(or any caster really) is Mana management you have 2 skills. One is a charge skill, which you should let charge all the way. And Mana infusion, this gives you a mana regen buff, remember that when you use offensive spells it removes the buff. I personally highly prefer to use Mana Infusion when I'm just focused on my own mana.

Oops, sorry for forgetting the server name - Dragonfall

I also want to say thanks for that info, I was using healing circle a lot because I could only hit 2 targets and never could get the right one as they would move and I would lock on the wrong person. I did glyph it for 3 but haven't got to try it yet. I also like the idea of sleep being used for an interrupt. I'll change my bar around and test that.

2San

Oops, sorry for forgetting the server name - Dragonfall

I also want to say thanks for that info, I was using healing circle a lot because I could only hit 2 targets and never could get the right one as they would move and I would lock on the wrong person. I did glyph it for 3 but haven't got to try it yet. I also like the idea of sleep being used for an interrupt. I'll change my bar around and test that.
Made a mistake, Healing circle is our strongest heal(afaik), but down side is that you need to be close. Regenerating circle is the useless one. Sorry for the mix up. Having 3 targets should make things a lot easier. Remember when you click the the lock-on once, you can also see through mobs.

Sblargh

Banned
Regeneration Circle gets a bit better by the end, all heals are situational because they depend on urgency / location. On trash between bosses (or when the boss battle is going relatively good) I'll throw a regeneration circle just to keep everyone 100%.
Healing Circle *is* more potent than Restorative Burst (the circle you create 10m in front of you), but the fact it stays on the ground a few seconds is invaluable against BAMs and bosses because they are big, running around them take time and usually the tank is on one side and the rest of the meelee DPS in on other; so you throw a restorative burst smack on the middle of the boss and you might heal everyone you want to.
Lock on heal I probably should use more, but I do only when I miss the burst for whatever reason; however, people say it really adds to aggro, so it's better not to use a lot (it has a really short cooldown, tho).

And that's it; I'm not 60 yet, but at lvl 50, I am not having any trouble; actually, the biggest problem is staying alive against bosses that one-shot you than actual healing; so keep moving and don't let the big guy look funny at you.

wow...I just hit 54 today and now am in 54 level quests/area and the game mobs have like 3x the armor suddenly. I seem to be doing shit damage and that's with an AH bought weapon, I can just imagine people who are using quest rewards.

Rinoa

wow...I just hit 54 today and now am in 54 level quests/area and the game mobs have like 3x the armor suddenly. I seem to be doing shit damage and that's with an AH bought weapon, I can just imagine people who are using quest rewards.

That's my current situation. I need to party if I want to simply level :(

But I don't have the time to party up, I like soloing whenever can.

Halvie

Banned
anyone want to try and explain how they thought being able to turn off trainers was supposed to be smart game design...

or why I have to sit through these dumb flying sequences. First time is fine, after that should be instant port.

Sblargh

Banned
anyone want to try and explain how they thought being able to turn off trainers was supposed to be smart game design...

or why I have to sit through these dumb flying sequences. First time is fine, after that should be instant port.

The first answer is so politics have real consequences (and really, this is like, the biggest it can get without a bad Vanarch breaking the game)

As for the second, I don't know, pretty game is pretty. :3 It's an opportunity to sit back and see pretty things.

Nopren

You can just buy some teleport scrolls, if you don't want to wait.

PewPewK

The end game Castanic Female Robes are so top tier... High Elf Females generally have the best robes for leveling but the Level 60 Robes for Castanics are awesome, and this latest one keeps to that trend.

Yeah, I've noticed that.

If it's of any interest, all armor sets are posted here.

Also, want to direct the members of Dragonfall Believe to the new site that's still sort of a work-in-progress, but quite nice looking at http://believe-tera.com/. You should all go register and enjoy all the work I put into that damn site ^_^.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Yeah, I've noticed that.

If it's of any interest, all armor sets are posted here.

Also, want to direct the members of Dragonfall Believe to the new site that's still sort of a work-in-progress, but quite nice looking at http://believe-tera.com/. You should all go register and enjoy all the work I put into that damn site ^_^.

Trying to click through Political System Info but not getting anywhere. There only seems to be a "Welcome to Believe" page.

Halvie

Banned
The first answer is so politics have real consequences (and really, this is like, the biggest it can get without a bad Vanarch breaking the game)

As for the second, I don't know, pretty game is pretty. :3 It's an opportunity to check gaf.

So they want politics to have real consequences and pvp to not have any :D?

Agree on the second point.

Tess3ract

Banned

Exactly my problem :( That's why I haven't played.

Top Bottom