• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Halvie

Banned
Why is the attack speed on axes so slow? 120 for dual swords, 110 for greatsword, and 90 for the axe. Do barely more damage than an equivalent greatsword. 100 seems like it would have been a bit better.

PewPewK

Man, I feel bad that I haven't been online in a while, but my summer classes have kept me too busy to play. How's everything going in-game guys? Dragonfall all nice and sound with our glorious leader?

Torraz

Man, I feel bad that I haven't been online in a while, but my summer classes have kept me too busy to play. How's everything going in-game guys? Dragonfall all nice and sound with our glorious leader?

Same, really busy with RL atm, but still subscribed!

Coverly

terateam1.jpg

So I've been questing in this desert where it seems nobody is playing in. Maybe I'll run across a person once in a while but overall it's empty. Got lucky the day before when I ran into a person who also needed to knock down a few bam quests. Yesterday I had some new bam quests to do but literally no one was around. I had "looking for group" up for a good hour and nothing.

Moving up the quest chain with the mobs I could kill I finally found a lancer in the middle of nowhere who was kind enough to group. That Vulcan mob was taking a long time between the two of us but manageable when out of the corner of my screen I see mobs going down but can't see who is doing it. I was thinking that if I can see them I might invite them to the group since they might have to do the same quest. A minute later I see why i couldn't see them: it was two Elins who were a third of the size of the mobs! Not only that, they were guildies! First time I've seen more than one guild member in the wild.

Hawaii and Rare accepted the party invites and we got that quest and two others done as a group.Had a great time. First time to use the party summon skill too.

Ken

So I've been questing in this desert where it seems nobody is playing in. Maybe I'll run across a person once in a while but overall it's empty. Got lucky the day before when I ran into a person who also needed to knock down a few bam quests. Yesterday I had some new bam quests to do but literally no one was around. I had "looking for group" up for a good hour and nothing.

Moving up the quest chain with the mobs I could kill I finally found a lancer in the middle of nowhere who was kind enough to group. That Vulcan mob was taking a long time between the two of us but manageable when out of the corner of my screen I see mobs going down but can't see who is doing it. I was thinking that if I can see them I might invite them to the group since they might have to do the same quest. A minute later I see why i couldn't see them: it was two Elins who were a third of the size of the mobs! Not only that, they were guildies! First time I've seen more than one guild member in the wild.

Hawaii and Rare accepted the party invites and we got that quest and two others done as a group.Had a great time. First time to use the party summon skill too.

I really disliked that area because no one was around to do quests and because it was my second time through there. I'm lucky that Wallach helped me quest through there so I could skip a lot of the quests and rush to do Cultist's Refuge.

elwes

Really wish I rolled on Dragonfall. It seems like the guild there is fairly active and I'm getting kind of sick of PVP crap. I kind of wish there was a toggle that would make me PVP invul or something, because on the nights that I just want to quest I don't want to have to deal with randoms trying to kill me.

Scum

This game is so much fun as a Warrior. I'm actually astounded that I've made it to lvl 55. I always take my sweet fanny time with lvl'ing in MMOs I play, but wow. Shame that most of the instances/dungeons are screwed up. They should be restored to their original states.
I comtemplating a Castanic Priest just for the kinky Cloth armours. :3

Plenty of Elins and Castanics; we need more Baraka and Popori :) Elins and Castanics :)

Fixed.

I play an Elin myself, but I think more Popori would be a good thing. Besides, Elins are technically Popori :p

Not according to the lore. The Elins are nature spirits created by the goddess Elinu in her image. Later on, the Elins awoke the Popori from forest animals using their cute magic to be their eternal servants playthings sex toys bitches.

Coverly

So is instance matching buggy?
Yesterday I was trying to use the matching system for an instance and when I got the party invite it would not port me and cancel my party matching, having to go on queue again.

It looks like EME is implementing a modified GvG system for the Vanarchy Campaign until Battlegrounds are ready. I am going to assume that this is only for PVP servers but who knows...

TERA’s political system is one of the features we’re most excited about, and it’s a part of the game we’ve spent a lot of time refining. With our second round of vanarch candidates stepping up to serve their servers, we thought we’d take some time to talk about some upcoming changes to this already popular aspect of gameplay.

As originally conceived, a player seeking vanarch status had two paths to the office—campaigning and conquest—with the latter requiring candidates and their guilds to distinguish themselves through battleground play. While revisions to the battlegrounds aren’t quite ready, we are happy to announce that we’ve found a way to put the fight back in political infighting!

In the revised system, candidates will select a continent as usual, but they will also select a competition type. If they choose a straight election, they’ll rank their preferred provinces and then begin campaigning for votes. If they choose to fight for the right to rule, they’ll rank their provinces, and then their guild enters a modified guild-versus-guild (GvG) PvP battle with all other candidates’ guilds on that continent.

When the competition phase begins, all members of other eligible guilds become targets. But instead of a normal 24-hour fight, vanarch GvG is a weeklong affair. We’ve set some limitations: only kills scored on characters level 40 and up count, and there’s a cap on the points your guild can earn from a single guild’s members per day. Vanarch GvG doesn’t replace normal GvG battles (those are still declared and resolved as usual), and even though you earn no points for lower-level characters in rival guilds, they’re still on the hit list.

Vanarch GvG tracks progress the same way as voting races. Players in candidate guilds can check their current vanarch GvG points but not those of other competitors. At the end of the competition, the guilds with the most points on each continent get provinces to rule, with ties resolved by the first guild to reach the point total.

In each election cycle, several provinces per continent (Southern Arun, Southern Shara, Northern Shara) will be eligible for vanarch GvG. Those provinces will not be eligible for voting purposes, so dust off your weapons and get ready to fight!

Okay. I'm now lvl 60. What should I be doing? Getting gear in FoK and BT runs? Should I be doing ToT as well? Unfortunately, I didnt save my money till 60. Whats a good way to make money? Is it possible to grind up enough money for a 7k enigmatic tier 12 weap in a few days? Or will this take weeks? Any end game tips will be much appreciated. Thanks.

You can farm up 7k gold in a day or two just killing a million trash mobs but you will hate yourself every moment you do it. Just from farming certain mobs you can make 400-500 gold an hour, plus whatever money you make selling trash drops to vendors and the few good fodder drops on the broker. Slayers and zerkers farm the fastest, healer classes the slowest. Sorcs can do a pretty good job if they can make the mobs hold still, archers if they can make the mobs line up. Lancers farm the slowest but they should be farming dungeons non-stop for gear to sell anyways, not farming trash mobs in the open world like the inferior classes of this game.

There are a few good spots, you just go there with a nearly-empty inventory and change to a channel where someone else isn't already farming and kill the mobs for hours on end. Have fun! You are now a Korean, except you don't get multiple channels of professional Starcraft on your TV 24/7 like a real Korean!

Coverly

So just minding my own business and bam, Elin party out of nowhere.

elinparty1.jpg

Managed to finish a group quest and had to call it a night after we all succumbed to just dancing endlessly.

Rinoa

Not according to the lore. The Elins are nature spirits created by the goddess Elinu in her image. Later on, the Elins awoke the Popori from forest animals using their cute magic to be their eternal servants playthings sex toys bitches.

So Elins aren't born? they are just created by goddess constantly? I dun get how some seem to be princesses/twins/sisters or something.

Ken

How long does it take after payment for the sub to activate again? I just paid and tried to log in but I'm still considered having an expired sub.

Ferrio

Banned
So can trial people join guilds? Or what server should I go to if I try out the trial?

Previously I did like 1 hour of the beta if even that... going to see if it sticks this time

NeOak

They were originally created by the goddess. How they procreated after that is a mystery.

They lay eggs.

Some quests gave me the impression that some did... errr "do" Elin.

And they aren't immortal. The have a "normal" lifespan like other species.

How long does it take after payment for the sub to activate again? I just paid and tried to log in but I'm still considered having an expired sub.

It takes a few hours, you'll get an email.

So can trial people join guilds? Or what server should I go to if I try out the trial?

Previously I did like 1 hour of the beta if even that... going to see if it sticks this time

Dragonfall if you want PvE

Jomjom

Banned
Is there any way to set the chain skill default of "Spacebar" to the controller? I'm using a Dualshock 3 if that matters.

Also any other tips for controller players?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Is there any way to set the chain skill default of "Spacebar" to the controller? I'm using a Dualshock 3 if that matters.

* Press K to go to your skills window
* Click on "Chained Skills"
* Click in the "Chain hot key" field to change the key

tera_chain_key.jpg

PewPewK

Nice to see everything's going well in TERA-Believe land. Should get some time to play the game in a few weeks! Looking forward to it, too.

This game was fun while it lasted just got tired of the endgame being so thin. Decided to hang it up for now because the group I was running with was tired of it. Might come back if they get more than a handful of 5 mans at endgame.

NeOak

This game was fun while it lasted just got tired of the endgame being so thin. Decided to hang it up for now because the group I was running with was tired of it. Might come back if they get more than a handful of 5 mans at endgame.

This is what the game feels like at endgame

jiOVY695U7Fcn.jpg

Wallach

Well, I think I'd say we are going to back off before we actually get tired of it. No sense in sticking around for now when it's so clear to see what's coming.

The game is gorgeous, the combat is awesome and leveling was a blast bouncing between open world questing with BAMs and dungeon runs. Hopefully they move on getting more content through the pipeline so that hitting level cap does not feel like such a brick wall ending to a very fun ride.

H3xum

Hey guys

I've been too busy recently to play actively and last I knew the guild was chalk full, so, if there is a waiting list by all means don't hesitate to remove myself (St. Tristram).

When I get back into the swing of things i'll find a way to weasel back in

LuCkymoON

Banned

While in game, press the select button to bring up the controller options. From here you are able to reassign all of your controller buttons including the chain skill hot key. (Default is Square button)
I recommend that you familiarise yourself with this menu because you will need it to get the most out of playing with a controller.

Top Bottom