• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

cilonen

Does anyone of you know which armor skin the T13 Unshackled vest (leather) armor uses? I'm guessing the badass wolf/fur-style armor still isn't in game yet?

For human female it's the one I was asking about on the last page. The very skimpy one.

Edit: make that a couple pages back now?.. This one :

So, whilst it's down can any human female light armor players give me a steer on what in-game armor this is:

http://tera-online.cc/gallery/human-fl/2726-human_f_l16.html

I know it's 'render 16' but is this a template-able, or a high level drop? if so, anyone know what it's called in-game?

Halvie

Banned
Reading the list of QoA2 changes in more detail, I'm not seeing the promised zerker revamp they were teasing. Unless that's coming after QoA2, in which case I'll just farm up a bunch of gold, buy a bunch of Chronoscrolls, and quit until it arrives. I dunno, I could just re-roll a Slayer, but knowing how pointless the game is after you hit the cap, I would rather just quit.

They have had those changes for a while now assuming you are talking about the charge time buff and other small changes.

They have had those changes for a while now assuming you are talking about the charge time buff and other small changes.

No, they were hinting at some kind of total revamp for zerker. That might be off the table now. Honestly I don't think Bluehole has ever balanced anything for PvP, going back to the very beginning. It's probably stupid to believe they ever will, all changes made in QoA 1/2 have been to improve PvE even though many of them are making already OP PvP classes even more OP.

Visceir

Gathering gold is what I've started doing this weekend. Since friday...2 days, I've made 10 k gold. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with it as I'm still pretty much done with the game and have no intentions of upgrading my gear to T13. I'm wondering how long it would take me to get 50 k gold.

Why I'm doing it? As silly as it might sound it's still kinda enjoyable to slay groups of mobs on my slayer, it's the perfect side-activity while listening to podcasts or music. Just that sometimes it becomes a bit too much and I start seeing yellow and blue drops when there aren't any. That's when I know I've gone on too long, haha.

Also, could someone explain me why people bother to farm eggs? From what I've seen/heard pretty much all you get from the eggs are crystals and those charms/potions. I've surely opened more than 100 eggs by now and I've yet to get anything that would make it seem worthwhile to go out of your way to farm eggs. Am I missing something? I know theres a small chance of getting the new mount from the eggs but the chance seems so small that it makes it rather pointless.

Ken

Gathering gold is what I've started doing this weekend. Since friday...2 days, I've made 10 k gold. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with it as I'm still pretty much done with the game and have no intentions of upgrading my gear to T13. I'm wondering how long it would take me to get 50 k gold.

Why I'm doing it? As silly as it might sound it's still kinda enjoyable to slay groups of mobs on my slayer, it's the perfect side-activity while listening to podcasts or music. Just that sometimes it becomes a bit too much and I start seeing yellow and blue drops when there aren't any. That's when I know I've gone on too long, haha.

Also, could someone explain me why people bother to farm eggs? From what I've seen/heard pretty much all you get from the eggs are crystals and those charms/potions. I've surely opened more than 100 eggs by now and I've yet to get anything that would make it seem worthwhile to go out of your way to farm eggs. Am I missing something? I know theres a small chance of getting the new mount from the eggs but the chance seems so small that it makes it rather pointless.

You could give some gold to my poor Elin! ;_;

I did SA last weekend : D

Boy, what a dungeon! Was worth the troubles for me, though, cuz I got gold drops and blue drops. It was unexpected, cuz everyone told me that this dungeon doesnt drop anything good ever.

Had to queue up a long time though, seems like no one is interested in SA, most of the time.

Next up is Akasha's Hideout and Golden Labyrinth! Pretty excite : D

Sblargh

Banned
Sold an enig. t12 staff for 2.3k and bought a chronoscroll for 1.9k, which is the only time in this game where I felt it was gold well spent given holy shit how much I fail enchanting. Good thing my gloves are somehow +9 because my staff refuses to go upper than +7 and my boots are laughing at +6 for what it seems a very long time.

cilonen

I did SA last weekend : D

Boy, what a dungeon! Was worth the troubles for me, though, cuz I got gold drops and blue drops. It was unexpected, cuz everyone told me that this dungeon doesnt drop anything good ever.

Had to queue up a long time though, seems like no one is interested in SA, most of the time.

Next up is Akasha's Hideout and Golden Labyrinth! Pretty excite : D

I like SA, the Tuwangi bosses in the middle have no right to be as damage-proof as they are though. If Akasha's hideout is the protect quest at the top of Fyrmount then that's a breeze, you can do that one yourself. I'm also up to GL :)

Rinoa

I was gonna go on a break from TERA but peeps from Valhalla guild gave me some gold and next thing I know I have a chronoscroll :) The players in this game are so nice! I can only play very little for next two months but now I won't feel guilty for spending money on it.

I like SA, the Tuwangi bosses in the middle have no right to be as damage-proof as they are though. If Akasha's hideout is the protect quest at the top of Fyrmount then that's a breeze, you can do that one yourself. I'm also up to GL :)

Whoa, AH is soloable? :O

The Tuwangi ones were chewy, you're right! The dragons before it and after it were sure a workout, though... hahah

Ichabod

Banned
A friend of mine just picked up the game and joined the party on Dragonfall. I told him to apply to the guild. If an officer will be so kind, his name is Winsor. Thanks.

NeOak

A friend of mine just picked up the game and joined the party on Dragonfall. I told him to apply to the guild. If an officer will be so kind, his name is Winsor. Thanks.

Added.

BTW, there are a lot of inactive Gaffers in the guild member list. D:

cilonen

Whoa, AH is soloable? :O

The Tuwangi ones were chewy, you're right! The dragons before it and after it were sure a workout, though... hahah

I might be wrong about what AH is, but that protection mission from the teleport up by Jelena at the top of Fyrmount is soloable if slightly hairy!
Fraya tanks the BAM for you and Elleon helps with DPS

So I was watching a priest from my guild dueling random people in Cutthroat Harbor. Nexus has been around awhile now and so people have been buying the T12 PvP sets and enchanting them. The fun thing to do now if you've been grinding Nexus awhile is to buy the T12 PvP chest and re-enig it until you get 2x 15% damage reflect on it. This means that any damage you take, you reflect 30% of this to your attacker.

Well, I'm not going to just tell you what happens here. Just think about it for a few moments and you'll get it.

Okay, still with me? So here we go.

The two classes which can heal themselves, mystic and priest, become virtually unkillable unless you are able to oneshot them with a crit, because they'll heal themselves up and you take 30% of the damage you did on them until you are dead. I dueled my guild's priest and he purposely didn't do anything except kite me and heal himself. I could not kill him, period, because all I was doing was self-mutilating myself on his reflect until I died.

Oh, and it gets better! The lancer can block your damage done to him and absorb it, and he still reflects 30% of the damage he absorbed back to you! Yes, lancers are now entirely unkillable even by 2 or 3 people because they stand there and block you until you are all dead!

And it gets EVEN BETTER! The reflect sends back 30% of damage taken to ALL ATTACKERS! So the fun thing to do in group PvP now is to wait until a sorceror casts any of his AoE spells and then everyone on your team who has 30% reflect purposely runs into the spell's AoE and the sorceror instagibs himself! IT'S GENIUS!

I swear to God whoever designed this game is fucking retarded. I cannot fathom how nobody at Bluehole could have realized in 1 year and 6 months of Tera being live that the damage reflect is entirely broken in this game for PvP. I could balance this game better in a week than Bluehole has in 18 months of live servers. Jesus Christ.

So I was watching a priest from my guild dueling random people in Cutthroat Harbor. Nexus has been around awhile now and so people have been buying the T12 PvP sets and enchanting them. The fun thing to do now if you've been grinding Nexus awhile is to buy the T12 PvP chest and re-enig it until you get 2x 15% damage reflect on it. This means that any damage you take, you reflect 30% of this to your attacker.

Well, I'm not going to just tell you what happens here. Just think about it for a few moments and you'll get it.

Okay, still with me? So here we go.

The two classes which can heal themselves, mystic and priest, become virtually unkillable unless you are able to oneshot them with a crit, because they'll heal themselves up and you take 30% of the damage you did on them until you are dead. I dueled my guild's priest and he purposely didn't do anything except kite me and heal himself. I could not kill him, period, because all I was doing was self-mutilating myself on his reflect until I died.

Oh, and it gets better! The lancer can block your damage done to him and absorb it, and he still reflects 30% of the damage he absorbed back to you! Yes, lancers are now entirely unkillable even by 2 or 3 people because they stand there and block you until you are all dead!

And it gets EVEN BETTER! The reflect sends back 30% of damage taken to ALL ATTACKERS! So the fun thing to do in group PvP now is to wait until a sorceror casts any of his AoE spells and then everyone on your team who has 30% reflect purposely runs into the spell's AoE and the sorceror instagibs himself! IT'S GENIUS!

I swear to God whoever designed this game is fucking retarded. I cannot fathom how nobody at Bluehole could have realized in 1 year and 6 months of Tera being live that the damage reflect is entirely broken in this game for PvP. I could balance this game better in a week than Bluehole has in 18 months of live servers. Jesus Christ.

Reflect damage is a terrible PVP mechanic that unjustly punishes players for being good and rewards other players for being bad. I have double reflect and enjoy its benefits but the game would be a lot more balanced without it and I wouldn't care if it was nerfed. I just hope they replace it with something good because there aren't many beneficial PVP stats for Hauberks.

There are a lot of complaints on the official forums so I'm sure EME is aware. It didn't take long for Resolute crystal stacking to get nerfed so I'm not too concerned about it. We still do massive group PVP and DMs without it being too much of a problem but we usually don't have many Sorcs. In groups the damage is spread out among multiple players and mitigated by healing.

Rinoa

I think these stats should be "versus __monster only". Aren't there already some "versus players" only attributes?

Halvie

Banned

been saying this from day one pretty much

I think these stats should be "versus __monster only". Aren't there already some "versus players" only attributes?

Yep. I think converting them into PVE based stats or significantly reducing the bonus to something like 3-5% would be good. Either that or replace it with a better stat that can function in both. Maybe an MP regen or something.

been saying this from day one pretty much

"retarded" is a bit strong. I think the biggest problem is that the PVP wasn't very well thought out. If you consider that most of this game was conceived over 5 years ago, it's pretty impressive. The landscape has changed significantly since then but it still holds up well and the combat is unmatched.

Halvie

Banned
"retarded" is a bit strong. I think the biggest problem is that the PVP wasn't very well though out. If you consider that most of this game was conceived over 5 years ago, it's pretty impressive. The landscape has changed significantly since then but it still holds up well and the combat is unmatched.

Like I said when I first started posting in this thread, the pvp is done as lazy as humanly possible(did they honestly spend more than 15 minutes slopping together the pvp "system" for this?). Only thing the game has going for it is combat that is nice to look at. Everything else has been done much better by games that have been out before WoW. Whatever happened between them and NC I would have thought they would have at least taken some of the better pvp ideas from their games and built upon them.

Releasing a game that apparently requires texture changes for the west should have been a clue the game wasn't going to appeal to an audience as wide as wow no matter what they did. They should realized it was going to need something other than pretty combat to survive. How is it possible to have a job as a game designer without the ability to realize this.

Oh sweet the fucking game is taking me back to the character select screen cause I am using a controller...figures that hasn't been worked out yet...

I might be wrong about what AH is, but that protection mission from the teleport up by Jelena at the top of Fyrmount is soloable if slightly hairy!
Fraya tanks the BAM for you and Elleon helps with DPS

Ahhh, I see. I'll look forward to it! :)

Right now at Temple of Dagon, just finishing off the little quests. The whole area's design has that forgotten-hindu-temple vibes. Pretty cool environment.

How is GL, btw? :D

cilonen

Ahhh, I see. I'll look forward to it! :)

Right now at Temple of Dagon, just finishing off the little quests. The whole area's design has that forgotten-hindu-temple vibes. Pretty cool environment.

How is GL, btw? :D

Not got round to running it yet! I'm going to run it with folk from the guild's alts I think but scheduling means it might not happen until next week, I'm away fom thursday at the F1 race at Silverstone :)

Not got round to running it yet! I'm going to run it with folk from the guild's alts I think but scheduling means it might not happen until next week, I'm away fom thursday at the F1 race at Silverstone :)

Aah, got you. I also prefer to run instances with at least one or two people I know, .... at least for the first run :)

Let me know how GL is when you've run it? I love to read people's experiences in TERA.

HF at Silverstone!

QoA2 is live in Korea. I've been reading comments about it so far.

Warrior and Lancer have the stamina system. Warrior can only block in Defensive Stance, but it's a pretty strong block (almost as strong as Lancer's). However dodging now requires a lot of stamina. When you hold block, Stamina decreases quickly, so neither Warrior nor Lancer can just stand there and hold block for the whole fight anymore.

Archer has been buffed it seems. Their skills now do full damage from a further distance than before.

No changes to Mystic at this time apparently. No changes to Zerker at this time apparently besides the 20% decrease in charge time buff. It is not clear if Bluehole is still planning on improving Mystic and revamping Zerker at endgame.

In PvP, Warriors now take slightly more damage, Lancer and Zerker are unchanged, Slayer takes slightly less damage (why, you fucking idiots?), Sorceror, Priest, and Mystic take significantly less damage.

Reflect damage is unaltered at this time in K-Tera. Now that the new BGs are in, it will be interesting to see if the Koreans will abuse reflect as much as Westerners do. I'm not sure that Bluehole realizes just yet how broken reflect is, since they have reduced damage taken by the clothie classes.

Speaking of the new BGs, I should say new BG. That's right, ONE map. Hallelujah. That was clearly worth waiting for. The other BGs seem to be forthcoming.

The new dungeons have extremely high gear score requirements: 147 for NM and 153 for HM. It's not clear at this time if you really need that kind of gear score or if that's just set very high for the IMS. However if it turns out you need to grind out a bunch of masterwork crafted T13 in order to even run the dungeons which drop T14, I suspect this game is entirely dead in the West.

It seems fairly clear they rushed this patch out because Blade & Soul was utterly destroying everything else in Korea right now along with Diablo III. Some promised things have not appeared, such as the Zerker revamp and the new Mystic totems. PvP has not been significantly altered, something that was supposed to be a key portion of the QoA2 patch. It seems like all the PvE content that was planned has been released, so if you love endlessly doing the same dungeon 500 times just so you can do the same dungeon another 500 times for the next tier of gear, that seems to be in. I'm sure the Koreans will eat it up, since they live for the grind. However PvP has never seemed to be much of a focus for Bluehole and QoA2 reflects that despite prior promises.

No one knows what the QoA2 that EME will localize for the West will look like. I know Izayoi has been busy IRL but I'm kind of hoping he'll resub to K-Tera and check out QoA2 and let us know what it's like.

Even though I currently have Chronoscrolls sitting around in my inventory, if they don't at least make Zerkers more viable for endgame content I won't even bother using them. There's no point in playing a bunch of new dungeons which still fuck a Zerker over the way BTHM does compared to all the other DPS classes. I don't enjoy going in a dungeon knowing that the other 2 DPSers have to carry me because my class's DPS output is total shit even when played perfectly because Bluehole are so fucking incompetent. Fuck that, I have an anime backlog a mile long I need to watch.

Visceir

The new dungeons have extremely high gear score requirements: 147 for NM and 153 for HM. It's not clear at this time if you really need that kind of gear score or if that's just set very high for the IMS. However if it turns out you need to grind out a bunch of masterwork crafted T13 in order to even run the dungeons which drop T14, I suspect this game is entirely dead in the West.

147 isn't that high really. Think I had 145 or 146 with +7 chest/boots, +9 gloves & +8 weapon. And I only have one of the higher level accessories that can be gotten from doing daily quests.

Halvie

Banned
Even though I currently have Chronoscrolls sitting around in my inventory, if they don't at least make Zerkers more viable for endgame content I won't even bother using them. There's no point in playing a bunch of new dungeons which still fuck a Zerker over the way BTHM does compared to all the other DPS classes. I don't enjoy going in a dungeon knowing that the other 2 DPSers have to carry me because my class's DPS output is total shit even when played perfectly because Bluehole are so fucking incompetent. Fuck that, I have an anime backlog a mile long I need to watch.

What do you think all needs to be done aside from the charge change and other small fixes? My zerk does feel a lot weaker than other dps characters I have.

neoism

d3 iisn't good right now so I was wondering when this may go on sell...... I reallly enjoyed the beta and lloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvved the contoller support.. also my ex bro in law said you could buy subs with in game money... true or not.....?

LuCkymoON

Banned
lol at the slayer nerf!
It's like damn I finally find a melee class that can compete and it gets hate for what; for doing damage with a big ass sword and not pew pew magic?

omlet

also my ex bro in law said you could buy subs with in game money... true or not.....?

You can buy Chronoscrolls from other players for in-game gold (or item trade or whatever). However, those scrolls are purchased with real money at the same price as a month of game time (because you can redeem them for a month of game time). The idea is to combat RMT by providing those who would buy gold an option to "buy gold" in a legit manner, provided you can find someone in-game who will pay your asking price in in-game goods. As such, the prices may or may not inflate a lot, so you'll have to decide which is more important to you, $15 or X hours of time spent farming Y gold to buy a scroll from another player.

Some numbers for perspective: I had over 10,000 gold just from leveling my sorc to 60 (quest rewards, vendor trash, etc.), and I can solo grind mobs for minimum 500g/hr (not counting any lucky drops like T12 blues/golds that would sell well on broker) without any downtime or instance cooldowns. I haven't logged in for a few days so I'm not sure what scrolls are going for on my server, but they'd have to be pretty lucrative for me to consider selling them in-game given how easy it is to grind cash (though it gets old fast, let me tell you).

Cleared Temple of Dagon's first floor last night. Doing the regular small quests is quite fun with cool friends : ) Though, I have to say, levelling mystic in solo mode at lvl 45+ is a pain in the butt. It's great to have a reliable dps partner, I say : D

Oh, and levelled the zerker up a little. Switching between zerker and mystic in one sitting is interesting.... lol

... on that note of D3, I havent played that game since I hit second arc in normal mode. My character is chilling idly at level 16. The playstyle is just so vastly different. D3 play is easy to like, I suppose. It's almost hypnotic, with which the groove it eases me into. But after awhile I itches for TERA style of game play.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this weekend : D

omlet

Cleared Temple of Dagon's first floor last night. Doing the regular small quests is quite fun with cool friends : ) Though, I have to say, levelling mystic in solo mode at lvl 45+ is a pain in the butt. It's great to have a reliable dps partner, I say : D

You think it's bad at 45, wait until you get to 55 and every normal quest mob has like 100,000 HP (I think the lowest HP on a normal mob I parsed was about 70k, L55 hyenas and such, with higher level mobs going into the 6 figure HP values). People in my guild were abandoning their characters or begging for my help because soloing things took so long even with decent gold gear you get from story quests. I felt it on sorcerer, but basically it went from 1-2 shotting everything with Fireblast to actually using a skill rotation on quest mobs, so it wasn't too bad. I feel bad for lancers or healers soloing at that range. If you're questing with friends, though, you'll enjoy 55-60. Actually, 55-60 with friends is probably some of the most fun leveling, because before that even a duo is faceroll easy; at 55+ things live long enough to actually feel like a real fight for 2+ people.

omlet, can see your friends' perspectives, abandoning playing support classes solo gets very tempting at higher levels. i switch to play my lowbie zerker when levelling my healer gets too tedious. it helps. somewhat.

and hearing from you, sounds like 55-60 is quite a grind! i better pace myself :) Thanks for the tip!

Right now I'm casually playing my 46 Sorc on Feral Valley. I've had a pretty good time so far but what's the consensus on end-game? Are people still having fun with this at 60ish?

Right now I'm casually playing my 46 Sorc on Feral Valley. I've had a pretty good time so far but what's the consensus on end-game? Are people still having fun with this at 60ish?

I'm still having fun but I have to work 40-60 hours a week so that has managed to keep me playing the game at a good enough pace to make a lot of progress while not getting burned out. If I didn't have a job, I imagine I would be a little bored at this point, especially on a less populated server or on a PVE server. PVP, GVGs, and DMs are what really make the game fun for me at this point. Grinding the same 2-3 dungeons over and over and lagging around in 1-5 FPS Nexus events are not my idea of a good time.

EME and BHS are really going to have to kick it into gear and start pumping out some content for this game. Queen of the Argon Part 2 is a start but some of the planned content from that was already cut to move up the Korean release. I want to see the PVP revisions and systems they are promising. More Battlegrounds and a Siege system would be amazing.

Visceir

Chronoscrolls are 1.5 k now and still slowly dropping. Currently I have enough gold to buy a year's worth of chronoscrolls and then some.

Rinoa

Was flying in and out of velika, go afk and dc.

Login and see this lol

Characters and npcs kept appearing in the distance then disappearing whenever I got close. There were some stairs and trippy stuff but they didn't let me in the city.

http://imgur.com/a/BHTtI

Chronoscrolls are 1.5 k now and still slowly dropping. Currently I have enough gold to buy a year's worth of chronoscrolls and then some.

DO IT! Chronoscrolls are such a win/win situation for everyone involved and one of the best things EME has implemented so far. I almost feel cheated that I bought the one year sub now though.

Was flying in and out of velika, go afk and dc.

Login and see this lol

Characters and npcs kept appearing in the distance then disappearing whenever I got close. There were some stairs and trippy stuff but they didn't let me in the city.

http://imgur.com/a/BHTtI

Looks like you fell through the map. I remember the good old days of beta on Valley of Titans when Lancers used to fall through the map intentionally so they could leash people underneath. >_>

Styles

After trying the trial for a few days I went ahead and purchased the game. Already in the guild. ;) Looks like I have a ways to go to until I'm up to your levels.

After trying the trial for a few days I went ahead and purchased the game. Already in the guild. ;) Looks like I have a ways to go to until I'm up to your levels.

If you have a leveling buddy to duo with, it's pretty easy to go from 1-60 in a week if you don't have a job, or 2 weeks if you do.

2San

Anyone still playing how are the Frogster servers atm? I couldn't play because of exams. I heard Frogster is running behind like 3 patches or something compared to NA servers? Is it a wasteland? I'm considering to stop re-subbing.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Anyone still playing how are the Frogster servers atm? I couldn't play because of exams. I heard Frogster is running behind like 3 patches or something compared to NA servers? Is it a wasteland? I'm considering to stop re-subbing.

Someone in guild chat mentioned Frogster was soon going to catch up with NA in 1 patch.

Halvie

Banned
should hit 60 in a day or so and will have close to 10k gold. Should I buy the t12 weapon and + that up, or just buy a t13 and start grinding for money to plus that instead?

XEROWUN

Neo Member
sorry for being redundant if this has already been asked, but i wanna try the 7 day trial but it will start the moment i sign up for it. i would like to download the client first before starting the 7 days, is it possible to get it without signing up for the trial first? i have a very slow speed and would take 2-3 days to download

Top Bottom