• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Premium Horse is 280 speed. Same as preorder Lion and Nexus Horse, but not as good as 290 speed Vanarch Horse.

Sblargh

Banned
25 dollars is all kinds of silly for a horse. If they want to do evil P2P aesthetic stuff, they should go all out TF2 and give me a million hats. My flower is getting a little old on my head all this time.

Halvie

Banned
any word on zerk patch yet? I don't consider myself very good at zerk, but it is extremely apparent how much more damage I do on my slayer than zerk.

Wheeee, finally got back to TERA : D

I started a zerker. He's lvl 12 now. I'm so not used to playing dps. My main and alt are Mystic and Priest. LOL

Zerker is fun, though. ...... so far.

Yeah it's priced like the celestial steed and has some better perks, what's the complaint?

WoW has 10 million players. To put it as crudely as possible, WoW can get away with shit because WoW is WoW. If your struggling MMO does the same thing as WoW and tries to justify it by saying WoW does it, you are just committing suicide. Or going F2P. Tera might go F2P in Korea in a matter of months if moving up the QoA2 update, itself a desperate attempt to stave off Blade & Soul, doesn't bring players back to K-Tera.

Halvie

Banned
anyone know if this armor skin is in the game?

highelf_m_h19.jpg

I hope we get Queen of the Argon Part 2 and all the other promised updates by August 28th...

I know a lot of TERA players dislike Guild Wars 2 but you can't deny that it will have a negative impact on TERA's user base if we don't get any new content soon.

Rinoa

I bet they will schedule releasing major content right before/during GW2 release.

Anyone think it's possible to get from 59-60 in a day? I am going on a TERA break in July 1 and want to get to 60... but it also seems other than spells there are no new clothes I can just buy.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'm surprised at how low those chronoscrolls are going for. 2-3k gold really doesn't take that long to farm - A weekend of Nexus runs would earn you more than enough gold. Paying $15 for that amount of gold seems too much.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
New patch coming tomorrow:

Patch 17.32.02

Cool New Stuff
  • Guild vs. Guild (GvG) competition has been added to the political system. And you thought politics was cutthroat before...
    • Would-be vanarchs select either “Voting” or “GvG Competition” when they register as candidates. Two provinces on each continent have been reserved for vanarch GvG and up to 50 guilds can register.
    • When the competition phase begins, the guilds of candidates who selected GvG enter a modified GvG battle with the other guilds on that continent that also have candidates who chose GvG.
    • The vanarch GvG battles last one week. Only kills scored on characters level 40 and up count, and the points a guild can earn from defeating a specific other guild has been capped.
    • Players in candidate guilds can check their current vanarch GvG points, but not the point totals of their competitors.
    • The two guilds with the most points on each continent get to rule.
  • The warrior class can now choose to be offense or defense in the instance dungeon matching system.
    • Warriors who choose defense automatically receive a buff when entering the dungeon.
      • 30 percent decrease in damage received.
      • 40 percent increase in aggro acquired.
      • 70 percent increase in endurance.

Bugs Squashed
  • Fixed broken text links in some quests.
  • Fixed where in the game clocks appeared twice.
  • Fixed bug where trial accounts cannot block other characters.
  • Fixed spacing bug in guild window.
  • Fixed links to Pururu’s puppy in the daily quest.
  • Cleaned up some wording in Balder’s Temple to make the fights and instance flow clearer.
  • Cleaned up some confusing names around the mills in the questline “Unveil the Mask.”

Miscellaneous Changes
  • Increased crafting skill level-ups per successful crafting attempt. More time fighting, less time in the workshop!
  • Frames per second performance indicator has been added to the UI. It moves with the clock, but you can turn off either independently.
  • Guildmasters can now delegate GvG rights of declaration, surrender, changing GvG state (PVE server only) to a designated guild rank.
  • When warriors use Traverse Cut as a chain skill, damage received now decreases by 70 percent.
  • When using an emote more than four times within five seconds, the chat message associated with that emote will not display. You can still /cry as much as you want to, though.
  • The social chat message from successful gathering and crafting will no longer be displayed. Save the cheers; save the world!
  • Teleport scrolls from vanarch specialty stores will now indicate which instance they take you to.
  • Unique art assets have been added for guilds to congregate around.
    • Fighting arena outside the Velika north gate.
    • Guild gathering spots.
    • Podium (at Freedom Plaza within Velika).
  • Trial users will now receive options to purchase TERA throughout their trial play.
  • Trial characters will no longer be kicked out at level 23, but will no longer gain experience.

Zones
  • We found some more loot! Rewards have been increased for six instance dungeons.
    • Sigil Adstringo: increase in weapon drops, armor drops, added crystals.
    • Ascent of Saravash: increase in weapon drops, armor drops, added crystals.
    • Suryati’s Peak: increase in weapon drops, armor drops, added crystals.
    • Kelsaik’s Nest (normal): added crystals.
    • Kelsaik’s Nest (hard):
      • Increase in fanesteel drops.
      • Increase in dream bindings drops.
      • Increase in tier 13 weapon drops.
      • Increase in tier 13 armor drops.
      • More refined alkahest and masterwork alkahest are dropped on average per dungeon run.
      • More rare crystals are dropped on average per dungeon run.
    • Labyrinth of Terror (hard): Increase godsmarrow drop rate, sleeper armor drops, and crystal drops per dungeon run.

Visceir

Bought myself a chronoscroll for 2.3 k and extended my subscription. Otherwise I would have just let the account expire.

Edit: If I had to guess why the prices of them have dropped so low I'd say it's because every person pretty much only needs just one chronoscroll.

Cori from the TERA Europe forums has translated the teaser site for Queen of the Argon Part 2 which reveals quite a few new details:

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=110917

Stamina System
This new resource, Stamina (ST) will help you in maintaining a better tanking and defensive position. With the Stamina Bar you'll have a new pool next to MP for skill usage. The pool has a fixed value of 1,200 ST for Warriors and 1,500 ST for Lancers. It slowly regenerates and and can be filled by attacking targets.

Warrior Changes
With the new Stamina Bar and a new set of skills, Warriors will be more reliable in their tanking role.

Cross Defense
Cross your swords to defend yourself from incoming frontal attacks. The maximum damage value that can be blocked depends on your equipment. Skill is used just like the Lancer's blocking skill, as long as you keep pressing the button, you will block.

Smoke Agressor Backstab
Summon a spirit from 15 meters that takes over your aggro and you stab the target in the back, stunning it briefly.

Rupture
Rotate your body and swing your blades at the enemy. Rupture uses the stacks to explode and debuff the target, debuffed enemies will take 25% more damage. The skill needs 5 stacks (Edge Systen) to be used, the more stacks you have the more damage you will make.

Lancer Changes

Overwhelm
Jump with your shield towards the target and slam it to the ground with a chance of knocking down the target. Overwhelm can be used faster after: Charging Lunge, Shield Barrage, Debilitate and Shield Counter .

Backstep
Quickly back up and out of harm's way. (Same skill as for Priests and Sorcerers)

New Dungeons and Instances
  • Argon Meldithia - Can be found in the North-western part of Granarkus.
  • Shandra Manaya - Are you prepared to face the Queen?
  • Shiruka Passage - Has similar mechanics like the Temple of Temerity, defend the crystal, earn points for various rewards.

New Items and Rewards
New instance armor sets, new BG items and various new rewards for existing contents will be introduced (Nexus etc).

Shandra Manaya will drop tier 14 equipment called the Shandra Manaya Series.

Black Edition sets
Black Edition armor pieces can be bought with reputation points/tokens.

New Glyphs
42 new masterwork glyphs and 9 normal glyphs can be obtained through the Shiruka Passage instance (ToT mechanics again).

Warrior
  • Glyph of Power - Scythe | Increases power by 25% | Glyph Points 5
  • Glyph of Laceration - Backstab | reduced glyph point cost | Glyph Points 2
  • Glyph of the Swift - Pounce | reduced glyph point cost | Glyph Points 2
  • Glyph of Grounding - Poison Blade | Poison can be be applied twice | Glyph Points 3
  • Glyph of Endurance - Blade Draw | skill gives stack+1 | Glyph Points 3
  • Glyph of Power - Rupture | Increases power by 25% | Glyph Points 5
  • Glyph of the Pump - Cross Defence | 30% chance to increase strength by 15% for 10 seconds | Glyph Points 4
  • Glyph of Threat - Shadow Agressor: Backstab | Provides 20% additional aggro | Glyph Points 6

Lancer

• Glyph of Lingering - Chained Leash | Increase effect duration by 50% | Glyph Points 4
  • Glyph of Spirit - Combo Attack | reduced glyph point cost | Glyph Points 3
  • Glyph of Threat - Shield Counter | reduced glyph point cost | Glyph Points 2
  • Glyph of Threat - Shield Barrage | Provides 200% additional aggro | Glyph Points 4
  • Glyph of Slowing - Spring Attack | 30% chance to slow down the attack speed of the target by 30% for 7 seconds | Glyph Points 3
  • Glyph of Power - Owerwhelm | Increases power by 25% | Glyph Points 5
  • Glyph of Energy - Backstep | Decreases cooldown by 30% | Glyph Points 3
  • Glyph of Will - Challenging Shout | Increases ST by 30% | Glyph Points 3
  • Glyph of Will - Shield Counter | Increases ST by 50% | Glyph Points 3
  • Glyph of Will - Second Wind | Increases ST recovery by 20% | Glyph Points 4
  • Glyph of Will - Stand Fast | Increases ST by 500 | Glyph Points 4

Slayer
  • Glyph of Power - Measured Slice | Increases power by 25% | Glyph Points 6
  • Glyph of Power - Fury Strike | reduced glyph point cost | Glyph Points 5
  • Glyph of Energy - Backstab | Decreases cooldown by 30% | Glyph Points 5
  • Glyph of Numbing - Distant Blade | 30% chance to decrease opponent's attack speed by 30% for 5 seconds | Glyph Points 5
  • Glyph of Powerlink - Headlong Rush | Increases the power of the skill Knockdown Strike by 25% | Glyph Points 4

Berserker
  • Glyph of Carving - Evasive Smash | Doubles the chance of a critical hit | Glyph Points 4
  • Glyph of Mindspark - Axe Block | reduced glyph point cost | Glyph Points 2
  • Glyph of Carving - Cyclone | reduced glyph point cost | Glyph Points 5
  • Glyph of Haste - Thunder Strike | charge speed increased by 25% | Glyph Points 4
  • Glyph of Persistance - Staggering Strike | 35% chance to eliminate cooldown | Glyph Points 4

Sorcerer
  • Glyph of Persistance - Stone Skin | reduced glyph point cost | Glyph Points 3
  • Glyph of Lingering - Mana Barrier | reduced glyph point cost | Glyph Points 3
  • Glyph of Brillance - Fireblast | reduced glyph point cost | Glyph Points 3
  • Glyph of the Pump - Backstep | Increases movement speed by 20% for 2 seconds | Glyph Points 4
  • Glyph of Powerlink - Painblast | Increases skill power by 25% for the next skill: Flaming Barrage | Glyph Points 5

Archer
  • Glyph of Energy - Concussion Trap | Cooldown time decreased by 30%, reduced glyph point cost | Glyph Points 3
  • Glyph of Enfeeblement - Ensnaring Trap | Decreases target's defense by 3.5% for 5 seconds | Glyph Points 5
  • Glyph of Power - Explosion Trap | Increases power by 35% | Glyph Points 5
  • Glyph of Energy - Breakaway Bolt | reduced glyph point cost | Glyph Points 3
  • Glyph of Energy - Restraining Arrow | reduced glyph point cost | Glyph Points 2
  • Glyph of Power - Final Salvo | Increases damage by 50% | Glyph Points 5
  • Glyph of Haste - Rain of Arrows | Casting time reduced by 40% | Glyph Points 5

Mystic
  • Glyph of Restoration - Warding Totem | Increases HP regeneration by 20% | Glyph Points 3
  • Glyph of Haste - Resurrect | reduced glyph point cost | Glyph Points 4
  • Glyph of Energy - Vow of Rebirth | reduced glyph point cost | Glyph Points 4
  • Glyph of Restoration - Arun's Vitae | Regain 10% of your HP while casting | Glyph Points 2
  • Glyph of Lingering - Thrall of Life | Increase the lifetime of the summoned creature by 3.6 seconds | Glyph Points 2

Priest
  • Glyph of Restoration - Healing Immersion | Increases HP regeneration by 20% | Glyph Points 5
  • Glyph of Boost - Blessing of Zenobia | reduced glyph point cost | Glyph Points 2
  • Glyph of Haste - Mana Infusion | reduced glyph point cost | Glyph Points 2
  • Glyph of Spirit - Restorative Burst | All allies stepping into the burst will also regain 50MP every second | Glyph Points 5
  • Glyph of Soul - Resurrect | Target is resurrected with 120% Condition | Glyph Points 3

New Battelgrounds
Introducing the new 15vs15 BG with a cross-server party matching system, fully restructured BG maps and overall improvement in PvP.

There will be 3 base points you and your party can occupy. New variety of mechanics and buffs, for example: if one of the team's score is significantly lower than that of the other, they will receive some beneficial buffs. Special mobs will be deployed with which you can earn additional points and gain powerful buffs by killing them.

Raid System
With the new update you'll be able to arrange and organize raid parties for the Nexus or Battlegrounds more easily.

Nexus Changes

Instance
Beat all 3 phases of the Nexus invasion and you may enter a special instanced dungeon with your raid group.

Combat
Advance through the pack filled rooms with increasing difficulty to reach the last room to defeat the special raid boss.

Rewards
Special items can be obtained from the Nexus Instance which you won't be able to get anywhere else.

Source: http://tera.hangame.com/t4UpdatePart2.nhn

LOL, I just bought a Chronoscroll for 2.4k on VoT and extended my sub. I guess I'll spend a day or two farming up gold to buy some extra Chronoscrolls so I can keep extending my sub indefinitely. Thank you to whoever paid $15 to extend my sub another month, and please keep doing it so I can keep playing for free!

I hope this drives down prices of items too.

Huh, T14 with part 2 of the patch, I hope they don't require +9'ed T13 to do it.

Edit:
The prices for scrolls listed make me wish I picked a more populated server. :-/

Ricker

Damn, 200 gold? Maybe someone meant to type in 2000. You could grind 200 gold easily in 1 hour. I should get a bunch of chronoscrolls from the AH/TB when I log back in lol.

Patch was applied but the server are down...goes to check server status and they say everything is fine lol...

And what's a Chronoscroll exactly,everyone is talking about this all of a sudden.

mileS

With how long it takes to get 2k gold at max level (when theres no more quests to do) and with the enchanting prices sky high... I'm honestly shocked this many people are excited to spend that much on the scrolls.

Somewhat regretting my 1 year sub now. I could easily farm enough to buy these every month without breaking a sweat.

Are these prices due to the current cost of RMT TERA gold or did everyone buy a bunch of chronoscrolls with high expectations and are now flooding the market to get rid of them before the market for them completely crashes? I wonder what the price is going to stabilize at...

With how long it takes to get 2k gold at max level (when theres no more quests to do) and with the enchanting prices sky high... I'm honestly shocked this many people are excited to spend that much on the scrolls.

From a solo or small group perspective, it's pretty easy to get about 200-500+ gold a day from doing dailies, farming level 60 mobs, farming BAMs, farming crafting materials, or crafting high demand items.

If you have a static group in your guild that is already geared then you can run instances and split the sales from all the loot dropped. You could get enough for a chronoscroll in a matter of hours.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Patch was applied but the server are down...goes to check server status and they say everything is fine lol...

And what's a Chronoscroll exactly,everyone is talking about this all of a sudden.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/introducing-the-tera-chronoscroll

https://tera-support.enmasse.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/351

You can purchase chronoscrolls from the En Masse store for $14.99 and redeem them for 30 days of game time.
You can also purchase chronoscrolls through the in-game broker. The cost? Whatever the market will bear....

Sblargh

Banned

I feel I can get 2k by farming one hour straight on the three towers. So I think that 2 or 3 days or so before subscription ends, I'll see how much the scrolls are worth and just farm that amount.

Visceir

I feel I can get 2k by farming one hour straight on the three towers. So I think that 2 or 3 days or so before subscription ends, I'll see how much the scrolls are worth and just farm that amount.

Rather unlikely that you'll get 2k in one h...

But yah, it's relatively easy to farm gold, especially as a slayer. I had no problems dropping 2k gold on a chrono scroll as the alternative would have been just leaving the gold sitting there on an inactive account.

Sblargh

Banned
Rather unlikely that you'll get 2k in one h...

But yah, it's relatively easy to farm gold, especially as a slayer. I had no problems dropping 2k gold on a chrono scroll as the alternative would have been just leaving the gold sitting there on an inactive account.

I don't know. I do 250g in about 25 minutes e sell the loot to vendors for another 100g. So... ok, I'm off. :p
But still, the point is, one day farming gold = 30 days of non-subscription.

Visceir

Yah, that seems about right. I just spent 8-4 grinding while listening to the 8-4 podcast. Those 2 activities go well together. I imagine it would drive anyone slightly crazy though if they had to do it hours upon hours on a daily basis.

If you farmed your ass off for a week you could probably buy a year's worth of Chronoscrolls with the gold.

Essentially Chronoscrolls make it so players become the Chinese gold farmers instead of, you know, Chinese gold farmers. This is good for everybody, good for the players who farm gold to play for free, good for the players who buy Chronoscrolls to sell for gold, and good for EME who essentially introduce official RMT into the game without the various unpleasant side effects of Chinese gold farmers messing with the game's economy. It's almost the only smart thing EME has done for the NA/EU version of Tera.

Visceir

Does anyone of you know which armor skin the T13 Unshackled vest (leather) armor uses? I'm guessing the badass wolf/fur-style armor still isn't in game yet?

LadyRiven

If any of you are trying to get a friend to buy the game, the code "TWITTER50" will get them 50% off of it in the EnMasse store right now. Then you can give them a Chronoscroll to get started. :D

Reading the list of QoA2 changes in more detail, I'm not seeing the promised zerker revamp they were teasing. Unless that's coming after QoA2, in which case I'll just farm up a bunch of gold, buy a bunch of Chronoscrolls, and quit until it arrives. I dunno, I could just re-roll a Slayer, but knowing how pointless the game is after you hit the cap, I would rather just quit.

Top Bottom