• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Arksy

This game sorely needs some content. Some stuff to do other then grind gear. I hopped on to Aion again for the first time in two years and it's amazing that despite being so old there's just so much content in that game. From minipets to player housing to costumes and the like, not to mention the hoards of dailies now available. I know TERA is brand new but I want all that content noowwww. :(

The problem being that Tera is NOT brand new. It's nearly 1 and a half years old in Korea. There aren't excuses for how thin the content is in this game at endgame.

cjsnapp

Neo Member
i've leveled my slayer up to 25 and am having an absolute blast. this is also my first MMO. i've been looking to apply to Believe but it's always at 300 members. will keep checking though. my toon is Katjiana.

Xiaoki

The problem being that Tera is NOT brand new. It's nearly 1 and a half years old in Korea. There aren't excuses for how thin the content is in this game at endgame.

Having a level 60 Hard Mode version of all instances starting with Sinestral Manor would have definitely helped.

Having 2 instances to grind tier 12 for so you can then grind those 2 instances a billion times so you can +9 your gear so you can grind the same 2 instances on Hard Mode to grind tier 13 so you can grind those same 2 fucking instances another billion times so you can .......AAAAAAAAAHHH NO MORE.

Yes, theres Kelsaik but no one ever does him and Temple of Temerity is a sick joke.

With yesterday's news about the Korean version I dont have much faith in Tera. I really liked the gameplay too, damn it.

LuCkymoON

Banned
Having a level 60 Hard Mode version of all instances starting with Sinestral Manor would have definitely helped.

Having 2 instances to grind tier 12 for so you can then grind those 2 instances a billion times so you can +9 your gear so you can grind the same 2 instances on Hard Mode to grind tier 13 so you can grind those same 2 fucking instances another billion times so you can .......AAAAAAAAAHHH NO MORE.

Yes, theres Kelsaik but no one ever does him and Temple of Temerity is a sick joke.

With yesterday's news about the Korean version I dont have much faith in Tera. I really liked the gameplay too, damn it.

What news?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I'm letting my sub lapse. They broke Win 8 compatibility and they said they're not working on a fix because the OS is in beta and it's not supported. I'm not going to shut everything down and boot into Win 7 every time I want to play.

If they ever get it working again I might consider resubbing.

Gattsu25

Banned
My characters on the Dragonfall server:
Xias

iAG7p8FdcVc8p.jpg

ix2T8BeHQdTsA.jpg

Hjr
iboERTVjKOLC4G.jpg

drkOne

If anyone is interested in getting TERA, I have a Collector's account that I don't think I'll be using again. I did really enjoy the game, but Dota 2 pulled me back with the Store being released and all.

Has a 56 Archer and 35 or something Warrior on Valley of Titans.

Has all the Pre-Order stuff, Golden Skins and Facebook promotion stuff.
Only things I used were the Green Mask from Amazon.com and Pirate Hat on my Archer.

I'd be looking for 50 bucks, since I'm not looking to make profit and trying to give a good deal to someone looking to start playing TERA. I'll take Steam games, TF2 items(you may be sitting on some Earbuds, Bill's Hat or Max Severed Head unaware of what they're worth), Paypal.

I wasn't playing on the GAF Guild, but someone might remember my Archer, Wilde, saying "omg it's GAF" as that was my normal reaction when I saw GAF Guild running around.

NeOak

Pretty good read about what's coming to NA TERA

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/Brian-Knox-Reddit-AMA-is-on-Now

And yes, i hope they deliver

I'm letting my sub lapse. They broke Win 8 compatibility and they said they're not working on a fix because the OS is in beta and it's not supported. I'm not going to shut everything down and boot into Win 7 every time I want to play.

If they ever get it working again I might consider resubbing.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/vfycj/i_am_brian_knox_senior_producer_on_tera_at_en/c5459ha said:
I just saw an email about a new Win 8 build that went to testing. Not sure if its just for testing or release but its on our radar.

Sblargh

Banned
Baahh, I really hope this game won't fail. Game is good, everything works so well, from the gameplay to the art direction, they need to fix just the endgame, it will suck so bad if bankrupts before this one flaw is fixed.

Baahh, I really hope this game won't fail. Game is good, everything works so well, from the gameplay to the art direction, they need to fix just the endgame, it will suck so bad if bankrupts before this one flaw is fixed.

They wouldn't be going towards F2P if they were bleeding red ink. From what I've read, the plan was to break even from the NA/EU launch of Tera and they met their launch projections. So from this point forward the game operates at a profit even if their playerbase continues to shrink. The money we gave to EME and Frogster ensured the game won't die, but now it's up to Bluehole to get off their asses and start adding an endgame. They've had almost 1.5 years in Korea to do it already!

cilonen

They wouldn't be going towards F2P if they were bleeding red ink. From what I've read, the plan was to break even from the NA/EU launch of Tera and they met their launch projections. So from this point forward the game operates at a profit even if their playerbase continues to shrink. The money we gave to EME and Frogster ensured the game won't die, but now it's up to Bluehole to get off their asses and start adding an endgame. They've had almost 1.5 years in Korea to do it already!

Cool, pleased that it's not a financial train wreck :)

Vain

Neo Member
Enjoying the game so far, guildies are really nice.
I'm Grazel in game :).
This probably is my first neogaf post, I can't recall, we'll see.
Edit- Yeah confirmed for first post!

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Enjoying the game so far, guildies are really nice.
I'm Grazel in game :).
This probably is my first neogaf post, I can't recall, we'll see.
Edit- Yeah confirmed for first post!

Welcome to GAF :)

Westlo

Man... I hit the wall with this game running through some Level 30 mines and while trying to skip mobs I ended up getting hit by like 50 spells @ once and died... was a week ago and I haven't logged in since... heck I'm even back into WoW for the first time in 17 months. I'm not even @ end game but the enchanting system has already pissed me off just trying to get something to +5 of all things... and seeing how it works and how you have to continue to grind the same 2 dungeons over and over to enchant gear... Queen of Argon Pt 2 looks promising... if it's late summer I'll check it out again... I still have 2 months of subscription left.

lmao

My join date

My First Post the day my account was given the all clear.

01-29-2012, 04:18 AM

It can happen lol, pretty much lurked on here since 08.

Ken

My Slayer is Level 32, I started leveling my Warrior after hitting that place and not finishing it.
My Warrior is Level 31, I haven't logged in since trying to do it.

Gamekiller for me lol.

I don't blame you. Are you on Dragonfall? I can try helping you through it.

Vain

Neo Member
My join date

My First Post the day my account was given the all clear.

01-29-2012, 04:18 AM

It can happen lol, pretty much lurked on here since 08.

Your account was given the all clear 3 years later?!?!!?!
I can't recall when it happened with mine, but pretty sure it was on the same year,lol.
And thanks for the welcoming :).

StudioTan

lmao

Pffft! You expect me to pay attention?

I did think it was odd that they weren't sure if they had posted before :p

New TERA event starting this weekend:

Raiders of the Lost Eggs
Centuries ago, a vast trove of magical eggs vanished from Sikander's vaults while he slumbered. Priests blamed rival gods, the gods blamed greedy mortals, and the poporis simply wanted to know if the eggs tasted good. The eggs resurfaced recently, and a troop of caiman thieves seems determined to pocket the precious treasures wherever they turn up. While no one considers caimans the brightest candles on the cake, these bandits always know where to find one of the magical eggs. Why the caimans want the eggs remains anyone's guess, but the race is on to recover them and snatch the fabulous treasures inside.

As with all legends, details about the eggs are scarce, but everyone agrees that three grades of eggs exist—bronze, silver, and gold. Most carry potent consumables, rare crystals, or whimsical accoutrements, but rumors persist of exceptional gifts. Find the caiman thieves, defeat them, and claim these unusual treasures of Sikander for yourself!

The hunt is on!

Event Duration
  • Start: Friday, June 29, 2012
  • End: Sunday, July 8, 2012

Event Times
  • Weekdays (Monday through Friday): 5–9 p.m. PDT
  • Weekends (Saturday and Sunday): midnight to 11:59 p.m. PDT

Nice try EME. Having the event start the day most preorder subs end in order to try to get people to renew. You think you're being clever but you're not EME, purposely having patches and events starting right at the end of the month to force renewal is not a strategy that works more than once on people who aren't idiots.

As George W. Bush would say, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...uh...well, you're ashamed!"

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Premium horse $24.99

http://store.enmasse.com/store/tera/html/pbPage.PremiumServices/ThemeID.19945700#novelty-items

night-mare-large2.jpg

Tired of loping along on your bay gelding? Do BAMs laugh as you gallop past on a blue roan? Now you can strike fear into the hearts of your enemies as you charge into battle atop this gorgeous Night Mare!

The Night Mare mount:

• is an “account” item: they are redeemable for all characters on an account through the Item Claim.
  • are permanent.
  • available starting level one.
  • are not trade-able, sell-able, or discard-able.

No idea how fast it is.

Ken

I'll buy it and post screenshots because I love pointless virtual goods. And yeah, you have to be able to ride it on Island of Dawn or else that bullet point would be pointless.

wwm0nkey

Anyone have a 50% off coupon from raptr? My friend tried the game and I played with him and we ended up having a blast and he got to lvl 23 so he can't play anymore but he doest want to pay $50 for it :(

Top Bottom