• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
what is the best way to get golds beside selling loot from dungeons? Any places to farm?

If you are lower level it might be worth it to hunt for the caiman with eggs. The only things you can sell are Goddess Blessings and Crux Crystals. Today is the last day for egg hunting though. In reality at lower levels you don't really need to farm for gold. Quest equipment is more than adequate.

Styles

Wow, so I've been playing this game for 5 hours straight, the time just flew by . Never knew an MMO could be so addicting, even when you solo for most of the game.

By the way, I'm still unsure of where to buy crafting scrolls, the Merchants only sell extracting scrolls. Are they only sold in the city?

omlet

Crafting merchants sell crafting recipes, on different tabs in their shop interface. General merchants and specialty merchants don't. The starting quests the first time you land in Velika like at level 12 leads you right to the crafting area in that city, go check there.

NeOak

sorry for being redundant if this has already been asked, but i wanna try the 7 day trial but it will start the moment i sign up for it. i would like to download the client first before starting the 7 days, is it possible to get it without signing up for the trial first? i have a very slow speed and would take 2-3 days to download

Create a dummy account for that, then create the account you're gonna play with.

what is the best way to get golds beside selling loot from dungeons? Any places to farm?

Three Towers in Val Tirkai.

If you are lower level it might be worth it to hunt for the caiman with eggs. The only things you can sell are Goddess Blessings and Crux Crystals. Today is the last day for egg hunting though. In reality at lower levels you don't really need to farm for gold. Quest equipment is more than adequate.

what if you're 60 rofl

2San

Someone in guild chat mentioned Frogster was soon going to catch up with NA in 1 patch.
Heard this is as well. Frogster has nevertheless earned a special place my heart as one of my most disliked (mmo)publishers.

Been lvling today, while pking(and trashtalking a bit) everyone we see, so they get guildies to join in to force some life into the world. It somewhat worked, I'm pretty glad I rolled on a pvp server. +9 glowy lvl 60 lancers do pretty good damage on a lvl 53 mystic. :x

omlet, you're right, AH was totally soloable :D that was like a higher-level version of Sorcha's quest from the Island of Dawn era. LOL.

my mystic is almost at GL now :)

and, levelled my zerker to 20. quite excite about soloing BAMs soon. This is my first dps class on TERA :)

Coverly

So I've finally gotten to those normal level 55 mobs that have unlimited health. Instead of killing a regular mob in 15 seconds it now takes a minute, so two quests can take an hour. These mobs also tend to knock me down often or move around enough that my close range special attacks would miss..

I think I'm going to wait till a 50+ guild member needs to do those quests too and duo them, and in the meantime queue up for instances and complete the bam quests I skipped.

Lancer alt question: how do lancers handle a mob with multiple units? Just always keep them in front to minimize damage? If I block, I'll be blocking forever.

Ran Balder's Temple five times over the weekend.

For enigmatic weapons I saw:

Nothing
Bow
Axe
Nothing
Lance

The Disc is apparently a mystery, and I'm not the only one who can't seem to get a hold of one. There's one on the Auction House, but the hell if I'm paying 11,000 gold for it.

End game is seriously headache inducing with it's randomness.

I'm kind of regretting the six month subscription...

Visceir

So I've finally gotten to those normal level 55 mobs that have unlimited health. Instead of killing a regular mob in 15 seconds it now takes a minute, so two quests can take an hour. These mobs also tend to knock me down often or move around enough that my close range special attacks would miss..

I think I got really lucky there as I stumbled into a party and with the 5 of us we easily cut through everything. It was extra nice since they knew what to do and where to go so I just had to follow and kill kill kill. Got through most of that content really quick and did the next few zones with them as well. But that was during the first few days when everyone just leveled like crazy.

Ran Balder's Temple five times over the weekend.

For enigmatic weapons I saw:

Nothing
Bow
Axe
Nothing
Lance

The Disc is apparently a mystery, and I'm not the only one who can't seem to get a hold of one. There's one on the Auction House, but the hell if I'm paying 11,000 gold for it.

End game is seriously headache inducing with it's randomness.

I'm kind of regretting the six month subscription...

I did BT over 30 times and not once did I see the weapon for my class drop. Saw every other weapon drop multiple times though.

Didn't play my main (mystic) last night. Only ran the zerker, cuz it was close to the level 20 Basilisks, and was very curious about soloing them as a dps class. So, I gave that a go, but I gotta say, I was struggling. lol. I had potions, but not the good ones, and if I miss a skill or a block, the basilisk really punished me for it.

But I grouped up with a slayer and sorc just before I went to bed last night, but boy it was easy to pick a good player from the bad one. The slayer was charging blindly and dying a few times, and kept complaining that the monster is too hard.

Anyway :) Will give the basilisks another solo try-outs next time ! im really enjoying the zerker, much more than I thought I would, cuz Im naturally a support class type of player :)

New patch tomorrow!

Cool New Stuff
  • Instance matcher rewards have been implemented.
  • Players may receive a box full of random items as a reward for using instance matching.
  • Rescue Supplies: Earned if you join midway through an instance run. Includes valuables such as arunic panaceas, charms, elixirs, safe haven scrolls, and scrolls of resurrection.
  • Valkyon’s Response: Earned if you complete the instance. Includes arunic panaceas, safe haven scrolls, charms, and various crystals.
  • Higher-level dungeons have better random rewards. You can receive both boxes in the same instance run.

Bugs Squashed
  • The following quest items can now be removed from inventory: outlaw declaration manual, dowsing rods. If you hate rebels and underground water sources, this is the best bug-fix ever.
  • The achievement for the “A Cautionary Tale” quest has been eliminated.

Miscellaneous Changes
  • Leaving a guild starts a 24-hour cooldown before joining any guild is allowed. Your real-life cooldown may take longer.
  • Vanarch flags displaying the vanarch’s guild logo have been added and can be bought with policy points. Vanarchs can plant the flag anywhere in the province they rule.
  • Vanarch activities are now displayed. Consider it our contribution to “transparency in government.”
  • Hovering the mouse over the clock/FPS UI will reveal a tooltip showing ping, play time (starting from world entrance), and total play time for that character. Let the “my play time is higher than your play time” competitions begin!
  • In vanarch guild-versus-guild competitions, the maximum points you can earn per day from a specific opposing guild has been reduced from 600 to 100.

Known Issues
  • When trying to look at the game stat UI tooltip, the tooltip occasionally appears in an abnormal location when the pointer is near the UI boundary. The tooltip just appears in an abnormal location on your computer screen, though, not “inside your refrigerator” or “on a billboard in Lima, Peru.” Those would be really abnormal locations for a game stat UI tooltip.

...and finally an official response on the GVG Vanarchy exploits:

We are taking these steps to resolve a GvG kill trading exploit a few guilds chose to abuse for the vanarch position. This exploit is achieved using a guild of alts, this behavior is not something we condone.

During the regular maintenance hours tomorrow morning. the GvG score of the few guilds that have abused the system will be reset to 0. We will also be reducing the maximum points that can be earned from an opposing guild per day from 600 to 100 to help with the issue.

As mentioned below, we will continue to monitor the political system and make improvements as needed.

-------------------------------

To quote Minea.

"Using another guild composed of alternate characters to farm GvG points for the vanarch election is not an acceptable way to become a vanarch and we take this matter seriously. We are investigating this issue and will take appropriate action."

To add further clarify, we are going to continue to iterate on the GvG system and plug holes where needed. I have seen many good ideas of how to 'fix it' but none are bullet proof. In the meantime we are going to take action and reset points to 0 if you are kill trading with alts.

Huh, they put the IMS rewards back in but not the Boxes of Mischief. Stupid.

It looks like people will have to find more clever ways to exploit GvG Vanarchy. I don't doubt for a minute they will find a way but it won't be as effective. By reducing the daily kill limit from 600 to 100 they are actually making it easier to find new, slower, more clever wants to exploit it. 3 guilds can trade kills in secret in any number of places where other players never go and it will be easier because they only need to accumulate 100 kills a day instead of 600.

Carbec

Neo Member
Hi guys,

I played on the EU server, but I decided to play this side of the ocean. I would like to know if you have members that play at eu times ?
Playing solo is lonely, and I would like to join an active community.

Coverly

Just wanted to say thanks to the guild members for giving good advice on the lvl 52 and 53 instances. Before those two, all the other dungeons were pretty standard. But these two actually needed people to have a plan of attack and work as a team. I must have died at least 15 times in the last 2 days. Half the time I get into an instance it's half way done before the group wiped and had enough.So it must be common, at least for pug groups.

Visceir

Just wanted to say thanks to the guild members for giving good advice on the lvl 52 and 53 instances. Before those two, all the other dungeons were pretty standard. But these two actually needed people to have a plan of attack and work as a team. I must have died at least 15 times in the last 2 days. Half the time I get into an instance it's half way done before the group wiped and had enough.So it must be common, at least for pug groups.

I've never set foot in Ascent of Saravash or Suryati's Peak. Those dungeons seem like a huge waste of time. Guess it's something you can do if you're looking for a challenge.

Total playtime: 21 days and 16 hours

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Did they ever fix the FPS bug with the UI eating up all the resources?

Thinking about playing again on what ever server gaf is on

Halvie

Banned
so what are you supposed to do at 60 when the instances you can run drop trash gear, and you can't run the instances that drop decent stuff? Why is the quest gear better than 58 instance stuff...game design masters...

so what are you supposed to do at 60 when the instances you can run drop trash gear, and you can't run the instances that drop decent stuff? Why is the quest gear better than 58 instance stuff...game design masters...

The story of how they fucked up progression in this game is almost a classic case study of how not to handle MMOs released in localized markets after expansion content was already released in the home market.

it costs like 300g to get geared enough on the AH to run FoK/BT and you should have like 4-5k upon hitting 60, its a non-issue

Halvie

Banned
it costs like 300g to get geared enough on the AH to run FoK/BT and you should have like 4-5k upon hitting 60, its a non-issue

had 10k at 60 cause of alts. +6 sleeper weap, quest armor, i147 earrings, i139 rings and necklace. Each of the 10 or so times I have gotten a group I have been told I don't do enough dps.

mandatory gear farming to this level to partake in endgame is absolute shit. Still stand by that. It just shows how little content is actually in this game. No wonder the mmo market is about dead.

?

Why cant you run the instances that drop good stuffs?

Oh, nvm, just saw your reply above.

I'm really still enjoying this game very much, for some reasons. I did take a chunk of time off from Tera though (cuz of D3). Total time spent on my mystic is 5d 14h. Came back to the game and still feel pretty fresh, and just cleared Hungry Caverns last night :)

Halvie

Banned
I'm really still enjoying this game very much, for some reasons. I did take a chunk of time off from Tera though (cuz of D3). Total time spent on my mystic is 5d 14h. Came back to the game and still feel pretty fresh, and just cleared Hungry Caverns last night :)

gameplay is still fun. Just...so what now...grind nonstop to continue to grind nonstop for the next patch that has i153 or whatever requirements? Doesn't sound like they are planning on taking out / nerfing reflect dmg for pvp which seems pretty dense. They seem pretty determined to kill the game.

edit: wow, guess I understand the crafting complaints. How much does it cost to max crafting fucking 20000000k gold?

cilonen

Hi guys,

I played on the EU server, but I decided to play this side of the ocean. I would like to know if you have members that play at eu times ?
Playing solo is lonely, and I would like to join an active community.

Hi! Yeah, I'm on EU time (UK) along with a few others, although I'm only on in the evenings during the week.

Kareha

Pretty much decided to call it quits, game is just so boring at end game. Done the 3 level 60 dungeons and only really enjoy one of them, and got no real interest in running hard modes. Really enjoyed the levelling experience due to the combat, but once you hit end game there really is very little to do.

Halvie

Banned
They weren't well done. Rather than take the time and fix them properly the quests were just taken out.

imo better to have crap crafting quests than make crafting practically impossible.

weapon crafting last night 250-270 about half the mats I had cost a bit over 1.5k... is there anything aside from combat / graphics that is implemented well in this game...

NeOak

Pretty much decided to call it quits, game is just so boring at end game. Done the 3 level 60 dungeons and only really enjoy one of them, and got no real interest in running hard modes. Really enjoyed the levelling experience due to the combat, but once you hit end game there really is very little to do.

nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

beanman25

I've got a digital download code the the limited edition. I don't want to activate it until I'm ready to play. Does activating the code initiate the 30 days of game time?

Xiaoki

In what way is it required?

The tier 14 PvP gear is crafted.

Also, its all Bind on PICK UP.

Yes, you have to get both your weapon and armor crafting up to 410.

But wait, there more. What do I need to craft these wonderful items you ask?

Tier 13 PvP gear
Tier 14 Nexus gear
a whole mess of crafting mats from BAMs and normal mobs
and level 5 harvest mats

So, looks like EME has their work cut out for them. Hope they dont screw it up.

Halvie

Banned

Tier 13 PvP gear
Tier 14 Nexus gear
and level 5 harvest mats

are they upping the level cap, or coming out with new places to farm aside from the new instances?

I've got a digital download code the the limited edition. I don't want to activate it until I'm ready to play. Does activating the code initiate the 30 days of game time?

better play it safe, beanman and activate only when you're ready to play : )

woot, i soloed basilisk last night with my zerker : D it was super fun! can't wait to get off work to tera again, tbh. lol.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Tier 13 PvP gear
Tier 14 Nexus gear
and level 5 harvest mats

Oh god... are all Korean MMOs like this at endgame? That doesn't sound like fun at all.

Oh god... are all Korean MMOs like this at endgame? That doesn't sound like fun at all.

I used to believe that Koreans think it's fun, but K-Tera is just getting crushed right now between Blade & Soul and Diablo III. K-Tera launched with like 32 servers I think, after the next round of mergers they'll be down to 4 P2P servers + 1 F2P server.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I used to believe that Koreans think it's fun, but K-Tera is just getting crushed right now between Blade & Soul and Diablo III. K-Tera launched with like 32 servers I think, after the next round of mergers they'll be down to 4 P2P servers + 1 F2P server.

How is the progression in B & S closer to wow?

2San

I used to believe that Koreans think it's fun, but K-Tera is just getting crushed right now between Blade & Soul and Diablo III.
I don't think Koreans mind grinding if there's more to the game than just grinding. Lineage2 was a grind hard game. However during the grinding you had great world pvp, sieges to look forward too, etc. While the grind was soul crushing, the natural and organic pvp made up for it.

I don't think Koreans mind grinding if there's more to the game than just grinding. Lineage2 was a grind hard game. However during the grinding you had great world pvp, sieges to look forward too, etc. While the grind was soul crushing, the natural and organic pvp made up for it.

Well we already know the PvP in Tera is utterly wretched, and I heard right now the PvP in B&S is really terrible too. Nexus is pretty hilariously awful too, it's like they looked at Rift and decided to copy it without understanding anything about how the mechanics of massive-scale PvE worked or how to optimize the servers and clients for massive numbers of people in one area at the same time.

At this point I don't think Bluehole can save Tera, their solution to unbalanced PvE and PvP is to make the OP classes stronger and just hope that everyone quits playing the weaker classes and changes to an OP class. I just don't think they understand player complaints, their resolution for the reflect damage issue is not to nerf or simply remove reflect damage in PvP. Instead, they chose to dramatically increase gear stats to negate it, never mind that the new crafted T14 PvP gear is nearly impossible to get unless you literally play the game as your full-time job and then players with invincible super-gear will literally one-shot a player who just turned 60 with his welfare gear. In a game which sells itself on it's skill-based realtime combat engine, the most retarded thing you can do with it is make it so gear-dependent that a person with better gear beats a person with worse gear 100% of the time. And that's Bluehole's solution to PvP balance.

I'm at the point where I don't even want to log on to use my Chronoscroll anymore for the next month's free sub. It's pointless, I have nothing to play for in this game, I don't want to keep running the same dungeons another 500 times, I don't find afking in Nexus very entertaining, and I don't want to start over with one of the OP PvP classes from level 1 because I'll be facing the same endless soul-crushing grind at 60 for PvP gear so I can beat people just because my class is OP. There's no reward for anything in this game and no satisfaction for accomplishing anything when your progression at endgame is entirely dependent on how much you dedicate your entire life to the game and how lucky you are with the enchanting RNG.

2San

I haven't hit level cap, so I'm still taking my sweet time and enjoying myself. When you force yourself to play a game it's time to call it quits tbh. Just wait it out and maybe come back if there's an interesting patch coming.

I'm pretty disappointed with BH, I expected more from them. Especially from the pvp system, since it saved Lineage 2. I was expecting the same caliber of pvp + an amazing combat system.

They always had trouble with proper gear/lvl scaling though, but in the early days most people where pretty bad anyway(new game + new to MMO's in general). So it wasn't that bad. Since people where so bad, an organized group(with the right classes) could roll overgeared/overlvled people. If they ran the same class setup, you where screwed though.

Still because of the huge grind to max lvl, the people in your area, where pretty much the same lvl as you and with around the same gear.

I'm starting to think they just got lucky with L2 in how everything seems to work out.

Top Bottom