• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Atleast we know what Giantbomb does when the week is slow. They just visit other peoples podcasts

panda21

i've been out for the last few because i don't really like the way the chemistry changes when its not WNG (I think they've had Joey in the last few?), but I'm back for Brad, WNBcasts are great.

kaskade

I always like hearing brad on the podcast.

Brad talks so naturally on Tested compared to the
Bombcast that it almost seems like he doesn't really care as much about videogames. Haha.

Maybe he likes the change of pace? It's been pretty slow for video games lately so there hasn't been anything too interesting going on.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Will REALLY needs to stop scolding people on the air to do things (like talk into the mike). Comes off so unprofessional and distracting. Use hand signals or something.

Have they said anything about quick looking the Nexus 7? I know that they wanted to use a retail version and wanted to test it out for a while to get a good sense of the battery life and whatnot. It just seems like its been a really long time

The TNG talk on last podcast made me think it was a good idea to pick this up.
BjCeN.jpg

Got it for for ~$8 at Barnes and Noble. It was on the clearance table at 75% off.

we have that deck building game at our house. have only played it once though. the images look like low-res screencaps from dvds though.

Zaph

This is the only worthwhile Star Trek game IMO.

Played the shit out of it as a kid, and I didn't even watch the series!

ip1gt.jpg

Azar

Yeah, I read the quality of the components is suspect but for $8 I figured why not.
Combat in the game seemed pretty stupid, and there were definitely a couple times we didn't know how to resolve situations because the rules were ambiguous. It's basically Dominion, though, so at its core it's a good game. Some fun card abilities.

Okay its obvious Brad wishes he went to tested. Sheesh man why not bring some of that A-game to the bombcast this week!

Anyway, I have an amusing cord cutting anecdote. I haven't had cable in a long time and almost never turn on over the air TV. Anyway I turned on the Olympics over the weekend and my kid asks, "whats this?" I say its TV and they respond "why does it have so many commercials?"

I had to laugh considering "commercials" to the kid is basically 30 second Hulu ads. Must be amazing growing up in a world almost devoid of commercials. That said, I don't know if TV has changed in recent years or NBC is being a jerk but wow the Olympics really did have a ton of commercials. Terrible ones too, I thought people were over reacting to the Apple ads but I was wrong, they are bad

eznark

Banned
Okay its obvious Brad wishes he went to tested. Sheesh man why not bring some of that A-game to the bombcast this week!

Anyway, I have an amusing cord cutting anecdote. I haven't had cable in a long time and almost never turn on over the air TV. Anyway I turned on the Olympics over the weekend and my kid asks, "whats this?" I say its TV and they respond "why does it have so many commercials?"

I had to laugh considering "commercials" to the kid is basically 30 second Hulu ads. Must be amazing growing up in a world almost devoid of commercials. That said, I don't know if TV has changed in recent years or NBC is being a jerk but wow the Olympics really did have a ton of commercials. Terrible ones too, I thought people were over reacting to the Apple ads but I was wrong, they are bad

Holy shit, if your kids have only been watching Hulu commercials, broadcast commercials must have seemed like an absolute treat.

There is a new commercial every time?! This is amazing dad! We don't have to watch the same awful minute long Cadillac commercial every ten minutes.

Aaron

Holy shit, if your kids have only been watching Hulu commercials, broadcast commercials must have seemed like an absolute treat.

There is a new commercial every time?! This is amazing dad! We don't have to watch the same awful minute long Cadillac commercial every ten minutes.
Having been watching a lot of Hulu lately, they have the whole series of In the Thick of It, they have at least a dozen different commercials. Or at the very least eight if we don't count the hulu commercials.

eznark

Banned
Having been watching a lot of Hulu lately, they have the whole series of In the Thick of It, they have at least a dozen different commercials. Or at the very least eight if we don't count the hulu commercials.

That's the best show I have seen in forever. So freaking good and I was stoked to see that they are doing a 4th season!

I think it's been a year since I cancelled Hulu plus and it was pretty much the same commercial over and over and over. That was on the Roku app and I was watching old shows, maybe it's device/content specific?

Aaron

That's the best show I have seen in forever. So freaking good and I was stoked to see that they are doing a 4th season!

I think it's been a year since I cancelled Hulu plus and it was pretty much the same commercial over and over and over. That was on the Roku app and I was watching old shows, maybe it's device/content specific?
Maybe. I've only been watching stuff they've recently put up. They still need more commercials in the pool, but it's not as bad as it was a year ago.

eznark

Banned
Did that show get better? I watched the first two episodes and was pretty underwhelmed. I really like JLD though so I should probably give it another shot. Is Veep related in any way Thick of It?

I switched to a standing desk today! Have been wanting to do it ever since i saw Ana and Joey using standing desks in the old Whiskey office videos.

Haven't spent any real time with it yet, but here's the best thing so far: You can dance to the music while working. I don't know how i ever got anything done without the guaranteed constant freedom to bust out a moonwalk, and then pelvic-thrust my way back to the desk.

Anyways, i hope to hear long-term impressions on the podcast as the Tested guys continue to get used to the desks.

Chuck

Still without luck
Hey tested, fucking CATEGORIES

It's a shame the site is still as lacking as it is and no ETA on either a total redesign (which is what i'm hoping for) or changes that would make it at all usable for me. I'm just using the RSS because the site so bad right now. There isn't even a damn download button for the podcast and it's been that way for months. What the heck are the 'top men' doing anyway? :/

They've talked on the podcast how they'll go away from a site if it takes too long to load. Im in a similar situation now When I go to tested to watch something now it's not worth lookIng through a huge list of videos.

Aaron

They've talked on the podcast how they'll go away from a site if it takes too long to load. Im in a similar situation now When I go to tested to watch something now it's not worth lookIng through a huge list of videos.
I don't have a problem with that, but without 'embiggen' there's no way to watch videos and easily switch to other tabs. So I've been going straight to youtube for vids, but still read the text content on the site.

Me too. Seriously hate the new site, don't really care that it has been rebranded to have Adam and Jamie all over that much, the real problem is how much worse the site has gotten to navigate and so many functions that are now gone. If I want to watch something from them I just go to youtube at this point, which is pretty sad and makes me completely ignore their articles.

eznark

Banned

Finally found time to start listening to last weeks. I cannot believe all the regulations you guys put up with regarding trash.

eznark

Banned
I'm kind of avoiding watching the quick look because I know it will lead to me buying one and I have pretty much no use for it other than evening reading.

Top Bottom