• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Megasoum

Banned
I just finished Walking Dead Episode 2 and I have to say, I'm truly a terrible person hahaha.

Like many people said around the time it came out the twist is really super predictable but other than that it was great.

eznark

Banned
The Olympics have killed my summer long cord cutting experiment.

I've had a sub to MLB.tv since they started it so I figured it would be easy to last the summer since MLB and NFL is the only TV I watch but I totally forgot about the Olympics. It's pretty much the only TV my wife cares about that you can't get on hulu or a network site and looking at the online options for the Olympics they just did not seem up to par.

Sports wins again. I think thats the biggest hurdle for mass market adoption of cord cutting. People dig sports.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I've had a sub to MLB.tv since they started it so I figured it would be easy to last the summer since MLB and NFL is the only TV I watch but I totally forgot about the Olympics. It's pretty much the only TV my wife cares about that you can't get on hulu or a network site and looking at the online options for the Olympics they just did not seem up to par.

Sports wins again. I think thats the biggest hurdle for mass market adoption of cord cutting. People dig sports.

Do you really care about watching the discus throwing or showjumping live though?

Fox Mulder

People should like sports, especially with how much of a cable bill goes towards shit like ESPN.

Still, the olympics are a brief fad every few years. It feels like I've heard more about pretty athletes and how many condoms they use than anything about the actual sports. I can live without it.

f0rk

Not really. Do I care about watching Americans dominate other countries? That would be a resounding yes.

I find it funny how excited Americans get over international competition. Maybe you guys should try getting on the same page of sports as the rest of us.

Is there a sport that England isn't embarrassingly pathetic at? F1?
Cricket, rugby, soccer - you know, those sports the whole world aside from America plays - as well as many Olympic events.

I love how Americans get all excited about the Olympics, the only time they ever do well against world competition and it's at a bunch of sports nobody gives a fuck about.

eznark

Banned
Cricket, rugby, soccer, many Olympic events.

I love how Americans get all excited about the Olympics, the only time they ever do well against world competition and it's at a bunch of sports nobody gives a fuck about.

Doesn't England's national soccer team stink/choke regularly? And isn't the women's American team fantastic?

I'm guessing the Olympics get more coverage than the Rugby and Cricket championships combined by a few magnitudes.

Cricket, rugby, soccer - you know, those sports the whole world aside from America plays - as well as many Olympic events.

Golf? Tennis?

Heel

Golf? Tennis?

iRo1mH3OG7wjq.gif

Doesn't England's national soccer team stink/choke regularly? And isn't the women's American team fantastic?

I'm guessing the Olympics get more coverage than the Rugby and Cricket championships combined by a few magnitudes.
The England soccer team is ranked #4 in the world by FIFA. So no, they don't stink. By comparison the USA, a nation with eight times England's population and more sporting resources/organization than any other nation on Earth, is #36. I'd call *that* embarrassing/pathetic.

Yes the Olympics get huge ratings two weeks out of every four years. The rest of the time how much interest is there in field hockey, rowing, swimming, equestrian or any of the other events you'll be crowing about having medaled in?

Rugby cricket and soccer get huge audiences all over the world year-round. You can't really claim to be a globally competitive sporting nation if you don't compete in the sports played most around the globe.

eznark

Banned
The England soccer team is ranked #4 in the world by FIFA. So no, they don't stink. By comparison the USA, a nation with eight times England's population and more sporting resources/organization than any other nation on Earth, is #36. I'd call *that* embarrassing/pathetic.

Yes the Olympics get huge ratings two weeks out of every four years. The rest of the time how much interest is there in field hockey, rowing, swimming, equestrian or any of the other events you'll be crowing about having medaled in?

Rugby cricket and soccer get huge audiences all over the world year-round. You can't really claim to be a globally competitive sporting nation if you don't compete in the sports played most around the globe.

Can and do! Cricket is only popular world wide because Englad ran around enslaving the world for centuries and left behind their nauseatingly paced "sport" for the natives to glom onto. Cricket is the sport of racism, oppression, imperialism and slavery. It's the FoxNews of sports. Born of hatred and a misguided desire to please the master. Truly it is a reprehensible activity that by all rights should be banned. It's an affront to Ghandi that it is still played at all. Baseball is the sport of freedom....and Cubans too.

Soccer lol. You know what an American would never be proud of, being fourth best at something. That's loser talk. Maybe in the next world cup you can call on America and we'll save your sorry butts from the Euros again. But probably not because we'll be busy, I think the bowling championships are on at the same time. Or maybe poker. Something infinitely more interesting than soccer I'm sure.

When you are bad at something (4th best may as well be a Razzie) you pretend it doesn't exist and mock it mercilessly. America. Fuck yeah.

LOL you are so full of shit. If being #4 at the world's most competitive sport makes you a loser, what the fuck is being #36? It's no wonder Americans can't get excited about soccer, they only get excited about the sports they can actually win at - which basically are the sports only they play. The fact is America is irrelevant on the global sporting stage because you've chosen to concentrate your efforts on sports the rest of the world thinks are a joke.

Since you're obviously trolling I'll just reiterate that you're absolutely full of shit and have no fucking idea what you're talking about and leave it at that. Please stop listening to the podcast because I think even just having you as a listener actually makes it dumber. Technology, fuck yeah!

eznark

Banned
LOL you are so full of shit. If being #4 at the world's most competitive sport makes you a loser, what the fuck is being #36? It's no wonder Americans can't get excited about soccer, they only get excited about the sports they can actually win at - which basically are the sports only they play. The fact is America is irrelevant on the global sporting stage because you've chosen to concentrate your efforts on sports the rest of the world thinks are a joke.

Since you're obviously trolling I'll just reiterate that you're absolutely full of shit and have no fucking idea what you're talking about and leave it at that. Please stop listening to the podcast because I think even just having you as a listener actually makes it dumber. Technology, fuck yeah!

Soccer is rad!

ibp7ZzIzjnP61R.png

And I've seen you tweet and heard you discuss the Giants so you can't pretend to not care about the true sport of kings, baseball!

Jintor

Can and do! Cricket is only popular world wide because Englad ran around enslaving the world for centuries and left behind their nauseatingly paced "sport" for the natives to glom onto. Cricket is the sport of racism, oppression, imperialism and slavery. It's the FoxNews of sports. Born of hatred and a misguided desire to please the master. Truly it is a reprehensible activity that by all rights should be banned. It's an affront to Ghandi that it is still played at all. Baseball is the sport of freedom....and Cubans too.

ARGH MY BRAIN

ARGH MY OTHER BRAIN

The England soccer team is ranked #4 in the world by FIFA. So no, they don't stink.

You're a Spurs supporter aren't you? If anyone you should know fourth place doesn't count for much. Sorry, Englands team does stink quite a bit and the fifa ratings are more fucked than my ass after a vengaboys after party. Although I would like to be delusional and say Denmark are also better than Brazil because of Blatters carefully well thought out calculations.

Vyer

Won't NBC be playing the Olympics like nonstop?

bionic77

Soccer is rad!

ibp7ZzIzjnP61R.png

And I've seen you tweet and heard you discuss the Giants so you can't pretend to not care about the true sport of kings, baseball!
Baseball is the worst. Thank God it will be dead in another 20 years. Most kids today have horrible taste in most things but the one thing they got right is that they all hate baseball.

How on Earth did sports talk get in this thread?

SHOCKING NEWS: America is at the top of the Coca-Cola world rankings :p

A new Adam Savage project is out but the Tested commenters are saying someone is hammering in the background so I'll just skip this one

Megasoum

Banned

Yeah, like you said, the Olympics gets huge rating 2 weeks every 4 years but the World Cup still get even MORE ratings every 4 years. Which is crazy when you think about it considering that almost nobody in the US and Canada watch the World Cup but pretty much everybody watch the Olympics.

Speaking of World Cup, I'm not a fan of Soccer/Football myself but at least I can recognize that they actually have countries around the world fighting over the cup... Unlike the Baseball World Series and Superbowl "world" championship which are borderline insulting for people outside the States.

sixghost

Yeah, like you said, the Olympics gets huge rating 2 weeks every 4 years but the World Cup still get even MORE ratings every 4 years. Which is crazy when you think about it considering that almost nobody in the US and Canada watch the World Cup but pretty much everybody watch the Olympics.

Speaking of World Cup, I'm not a fan of Soccer/Football myself but at least I can recognize that they actually have countries around the world fighting over the cup... Unlike the Baseball World Series and Superbowl "world" championship which are borderline insulting for people outside the States.

that isn't remotely true

Max from modernist cuisine seems like a great guy. I like his enthusiasm and expertise, not to mention his adorable accent.

Dear god please let the sports talk stop.

No team in the world is going to beat the MLB and NFL champs in their respective sport. You might say "What about the World Baseball Classic"? All the good players are in the MLB.

newjeruse

Baseball is the worst. Thank God it will be dead in another 20 years. Most kids today have horrible taste in most things but the one thing they got right is that they all hate baseball.

Baseball is doing better than ever brah. If anything, football will collapse in on itself when everyone who has played in the last thirty years dies from severe brain trauma.

eznark

Banned

I forced it like Roethlisberger

The Makerbot vid reminded me of how much I liked the Lego(s) build. Will/Norm just chatting when doing stuff is entertaining in itself.

Perhaps that is the one thing I am not am not too enamored with, with the the new Tested. There is less Will and Norm with each other, and more Will and Norm talking to others

Megasoum

Banned
The Makerbot vid reminded me of how much I liked the Lego(s) build. Will/Norm just chatting when doing stuff is entertaining in itself.

Perhaps that is the one thing I am not am not too enamored with, with the the new Tested. There is less Will and Norm with each other, and more Will and Norm talking to others

Minus the last episode the Lego build was great.

Curufinwe

The Fifa rankings aren't important. Football is by the most popular sport in England and yet they have failed to even make the final of an international competition for the past 46 years, while suffering dozens of terrible and embarrassing losses.

And America is consistently the best at basketball which is one of the most popular sports in the world.

The Fifa rankings aren't important. Football is by the most popular sport in England and yet they have failed to even make the final of an international competition for the past 46 years, while suffering dozens of terrible and embarrassing losses.

And America is consistently the best at basketball which is one of the most popular sports in the world.

What matters even less than the fifa rank lists are international football. Club level is where it's at.

i0g7G6H2UNSkx.gif

Does Gary realize that if America got rid of football, baseball, basketball and hockey and concentrated on soccer like most other countries, we would be the best in the world? No other country focuses on athletics like the United States.

Personally, I don't think it's something to wave our cocks around about, but to look down your nose at the American soccer team? That's like my telling Warren Buffet that I have a better collection of old video game consoles than he does. That's only because he doesn't give a fuck about video games.

eznark

Banned
Does Gary realize that if America got rid of football, baseball, basketball and hockey and concentrated on soccer like most other countries, we would be the best in the world? No other country focuses on athletics like the United States.

Personally, I don't think it's something to wave our cocks around about, but to look down your nose at the American soccer team? That's like my telling Warren Buffet that I have a better collection of old video game consoles than he does. That's only because he doesn't give a fuck about video games.

I think women's soccer pretty much proves this point. Female athletes don't have sports like football to graduate to in high school so they play soccer. And without the distraction of superior sports they are able to dominate the world scene.

Fox Mulder

yep.

I can imagine some bizarre world where the south lives for soccer instead of SEC football.

I'm watching the Adam Savage at comic con video, what is no face?

No Face is also brilliant name for a baddie in an hold school horror film.

In my mind he would have tore out his own eyes, have no nose, and his mouth would be stitched up. He could also want to kill all of you with a bat!

Chuck

Still without luck
New podcast!

iNLX3J60EV0n7.png

EPISODE 132 - WOW, IT'S LATE - 7/26/2012

On this week's show, Norm strokes electronics, Will changes a camera, and a wild Brad appears. All that, plus the latest on the Nexus 7, the Sparrow sale to Google, Gabe Newell vs. Windows 8, meat, and another episode of fake outtakes. Enjoy!

Thanks to CaptainFish and slaughterking for holding down the podcast post while I was gone!

Top Bottom