• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

The Tested crew came out to my panel at Comic-Con, it was great to see some friendly faces in the audience, made me much less nervous to be up there! Thanks to Will, Norm and Joey!

Zj4aZ.png

eznark

Banned
Finally had the chance to listen today on my way home from Nashville. Another great episode. Two in a row where I have no complaints! Joey was awesome and I definitely want you guys to expand the coffee coverage to the kitchen in general. It looked like the office might have some semblance of a kitchen? Cooking videos!

Norm, is Alien Blue the go to reddit app for ipad?

Megasoum

Banned
I should probably look up what is Oliver Twist exactly.... I mean I've heard the name but other than that...

I know I know but what do you expect? I'm a crazy French Canadian...

eznark

Banned
Gary your boy Gary Taubes is on EconTalk this week.

http://www.econtalk.org/archives/2012/07/taubes_on_why_w.html

Gary Taubes, author of Why We Get Fat, talks with EconTalk host Russ Roberts about why we get fat and the nature of evidence in a complex system. The current mainstream view is that we get fat because we eat too much and don't exercise enough. Taubes challenges this seemingly uncontroversial argument with a number of empirical observations, arguing instead that excessive carbohydrate consumption causes obesity. In this conversation he explains how your body reacts to carbohydrates and explains why the mainstream argument of "calories in/calories out" is inadequate for explaining obesity. He also discusses the history of the idea of carbohydrates' importance tracing it back to German and Austrian nutritionists whose work was ignored after WWII. Roberts ties the discussion to other emergent, complex phenomena such as the economy. The conversation closes with a discussion of the risks of confirmation bias and cherry-picking data to suit one's pet hypotheses.

I'm especially interested in the close of the conversation, sounds like it might get a bit testy.

rezuth

Finally had the chance to listen today on my way home from Nashville. Another great episode. Two in a row where I have no complaints! Joey was awesome and I definitely want you guys to expand the coffee coverage to the kitchen in general. It looked like the office might have some semblance of a kitchen? Cooking videos!

Norm, is Alien Blue the go to reddit app for ipad?

Used it since the release of the new iPad and it's soooo good.
Can't even use the site anymore.

Untitled: An Adam Savage Project continues to move up my list of favorite podcasts

Cute baby! I love how disappointed in Gary's friends the baby looks
"Is this it? Wheres the real Will Smith and whose this guy? I thought you wrote movies dad."

Curufinwe

Kickstarter is also supposed to fund a project to completion. It isn't supposed to be a fund my life program that needs to be renewed every year. The $250,000 goal only removes one ad. That is the minimum for them getting money from this KickStarter. Removing one top banner ad for $250,000. It's a joke that Kickstarter is allowing Penny Arcade to use Kickstarter as a means to get competitive bids for ad space on their website. It will be much cheaper for Penny Arcade who no longer need to build advertisements and find advertising partners. Penny Arcade is a lucrative for-profit business that is using their fan loyalty to remove one top banner ad. The only reason Kickstarter allowed this project is PA's negotiations with Kickstarter.

Well said.

Loyd Case was on Tech News Today. For all you other Loyd groupies out there.

(see, I'm positive about lots of stuff)

I started listening to that recently and definitely fills a void after the death of Buzz Out Loud. I skip the first seven or eight minutes of each episode where they summarize all the upcoming stories.

I started listening to that recently and definitely fills a void after the death of Buzz Out Loud. I skip the first seven or eight minutes of each episode where they summarize all the upcoming stories.
I have been listening since day 1 because I know as soon as tom left BOL that it would go down hill from there.
He is such a good host for podcast, he has a REAL talent for it.

I listen to TNT every day and I love the show, almost as much as I did in BOL high day with molly, veronica and tom.

Also LOL @ soon.

Mythbusters is not even a BermanBraun show. The only tie BermanBraun have with Adam and Jamie is Unchained Reaction and Tested, so any Mythbusters' content on Tested seems like an impossibility

I guess if there is another season of Unchained Reaction, there could be come cross over with Tested (behind the scenes stuff I would guess). That likely would be the only Tested/TV show crossover content possible as Discovery do all online Mythbusters content on their own site.

Seeing as BermanBraun are behind SyFy's Alphas as well (and a few other TV shows), maybe Tested could work out something there, HAving a chat with the special effects guys on Alphas could be fun (if possible).

I am sure contracts/exclusivity stuff is a mess though, which leads to lots of fun things not happening.

Also LiK is banned. Nooooooooooooo!

Megasoum

Banned
on mythbusters Jamie is really good but here he has to come in his element more he talks and looks nervous.
Witch is strange because he does tv stuff all the time.

Liked his first video but I guess he needs a little more time to get a grove for these kinds of videos.

and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO @ lik ban luckily its only a temp one.

Yeah he's definitly less natural and outspoken than Adam. I'm sure he'll get used to it after a while.

And it's only a week for Lik AFAIK.

squirrelly

What i don't get is that, unless it's processed in some kind of pill or something like that then any normal human being would most probabaly throw it all back out after eating... What's the point then?

It's not like people were doing that before and it's coming back in fashion. I put it in the same category of people thinking that drinking their own urine has medicinal purposes.

This response is way late, but, you know...recovering from major surgery and all.

This is actually something that people do and have been doing for a very long time. Obviously it varies from culture to culture.

We did have my placenta dehydrated and put into pills but I was also happy to eat it raw, as many people do. It helped the healing process after only two days and also increased my milk production. I'd hardly put that into the category of drinking one's own urine, but whatevs. I get that people are squeamish about it.

Fox Mulder

Lol, if they're going to leave ATT for Verizon because of shared plans, they're in for a nice surprise.

ATT doesn't force you on one yet while Verizon sells nothing but shared plans now.

Top Bottom