• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
pretty good overview. I honestly have no idea why anyone would go with Windows RT atm. These new Clovertrail Tablets are looking like the better option and won't have the performance issues that Windows RT has early on. As Thin and Light as ARM based ones, 10 hrs battery life, better performance than the tegra 3 that most Windows RT machines seem to be using, and you can use your existing windows applications. Seems like a no-brainer to be honest. The hard part is deciding which device to choose.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
So they loved the hardware but hated the software. I'm suprised Microsoft managed to fuck up so badly with Windows 8. I have to imagine they're working full steam on Windows 9 so they can put W8 behind them like they did with Vista.
eh? windows 8 is fine.

Gomu Gomu

I see normanchan still has the habit of looking at Will for 3 seconds -> look at the camera and nod -> look at Will for 3 seconds -> look at the camera and nod -> repeat.

:p

eznark

Banned
So they loved the hardware but hated the software. I'm suprised Microsoft managed to fuck up so badly with Windows 8. I have to imagine they're working full steam on Windows 9 so they can put W8 behind them like they did with Vista.

How did they fuck up Windows 8? There is a goofy UI layer that can be ignored. Outside of that it seems to run slightly better than Windows 7. Comparing it to the utterly broken Vista is pretty absurd.

Chuck

Still without luck
WARNING: political discussion within.

iNLX3J60EV0n7.png

EPISODE 146 - THE ROBOTIC STRANGER - 11/8/2012

On this week's episode, Will drinks coffee, Norm discusses a T-shirt, and Gary ponders the implications of the word dynasty. All that, plus the latest on Windows Phone 8 prices, the iPad Mini, Surface's Storage, Instagram's user profiles, and fake outtakes. Enjoy!

Remember to rate it on itunes and comment on the podcast page.

(And don't forget to donate to Child's Play for Octoberkast!)

keiichi

I'll be picking up some Black Blood of the Earth and a bottle of Chameleons Cold brew after hearing about it in Octoberkast. Can't wait!

demidar

Anyone finding download speeds from Tested slow? Getting speeds of 10kBps from iTunes and downloading the mp3 file raw also yields similar speeds.

Chuck

Still without luck
Just started and lol, Norm must be a huge baseball fan saying the Yankees haven't won the WS in many years. They won in 2009. I guess that was before they became baseball fans in 2010.
KuGsj.gif

Angst

Just listened to the first part of the latest podcast, pretty good so far. But guys, mathematics IS an exact science. Making predictions from statistics however, is NOT an exact science, it's just predictions.

demidar

Same for me too. Though it only took 25 mins instead of 60 days.

Same with giantbomb.

Far as I can tell, it's only Tested's stuff that's really slow. I could download a Player One podcast at 600 kBps, general speed is fine. I tried downloading previous Tested podcasts on iTunes and they were really slow as well. Might have something to do with me not being in America but I'll try again later.

You can sum up the 10 minute political talk into 10 seconds

math.png

Alt Text: As of this writing, the only thing that's 'razor-thin' or 'too close to call' is the gap between the consensus poll forecast and the result.

Angst

Their knowledge and opinions about candy and sweet stuff in general is either impressive or scary, I can't decide.

Top Bottom