• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Zaph

Politics, ipad wankering (retina screen? not that important all of a sudden :p), nuketown.

Stuff to hate on by everyone! :D
In Will's defence, soon after they got the iPad 3, he mentioned on the podcast that he would prefer it without the retina screen if it made it lighter, longer lasting and quicker to charge.

I agree with him, retina on my phone is great because it makes reading a small screen more comfortable but I don't really think the trade-offs are worth it on a tablet.

But all that aside, I would straight up kill somebody for it on 27" monitor.

panda21

can't believe i'm still like only 1/3rd through oktobercast. october is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

can't wait to listen to this weeks P-cast. i might not even the bombcast first and just get right in and get tested

mike23

he pulled a Ryan Davis? Gary I would have expected better :(

He said it in context, not in any hateful way or anything like that. He was saying why he only wanted to play Halo 4 with people he knows because he doesn't want to be called that by a 10 year old every time he plays.

panda21

ok in context the gary f-word thing isn't so bad.

i never had that problem recently. since party chat XBLA has been pretty much silent. also Halo and COD are so popular that playing with randoms you just get match made with other less good players rather than a load of Halo/COD savants. I was even playing Reach last week after not touching it since it came out and I wasn't the worst player...

Dany

Banned
I don't want to know what Gary thinks about politics, nor Wil nor Norm; so in the future if they can try NOT talking about it, that would be stellar.

Any download links for Octobercast videos?

I'd like to watch it rather than listen but surprise surprise they're still using Youtube like some random shitty blog. Can't be bothered ripping them all for shit YT quality. Amazed they haven't got videos for download yet...

My comment is more aimed at whoever is responsible for the site stuff. Will and Norm have been fucked by this sale.

Used to check their site every day to download new vids, now with everything on YT I can't remember the last time I bothered to watch one of their videos. Ten steps backwards.

Zaph

Wow, talk about blowing things out of proportion. There is like a million ways to watch Tested's Youtube channel (I'm using a damn £25 RaspberryPi hooked up to a TV!).

And if you really want to download their vids, there are plugins for every browser to get the 720p MP4 file.

Yes, Youtube's compression profiles are a little bit shitier than the ones WM used, but it really isn't the problem you guys are making it out to be.

And if you really want to download their vids, there are plugins for every browser to get the 720p MP4 file.

Yes, Youtube's compression profiles are a little bit shitier than the ones WM used, but it really isn't the problem you guys are making it out to be.

The plugin I have only allows for FLVs, not MP4s, which a lot of devices don't like. I want to keep that plugin though because it does lots of things that I need which no others do, the details of which are too boring to go into here.

How often have Will and Norm bitched about something because it's not as user friendly, convenient and streamlined as it should be? The fact they're not hosting video files is exactly that.

Is it a HUGE, MAJOR thing? Not really, but it's enough to stop me watching their videos and visiting their site. This is the first time I've loaded up their site since Will first did that 3rd person camera video. Maybe I'm the only one, but maybe there are loads of people who are put off by the fact the site is moving backwards, not forwards. They're really picky with small things, so I don't feel bad for being picky about small things either.

Megasoum

Banned
So does anyone still watch the makerbot mystery object videos?

I skip the always awkward scripted part at the beginning and then skip the actual building....

I guess you could say I only watch the end lol.

As a matter of fact, every single piece of scripted content on tested is always terrible and not funny. It's more akward than interesting. The editorial content is still good tho, I wish they would just stick to that.

Megasoum

Banned
Didn't Will said on the podcast last week that there would be a new slow-mo cam video this monday?

I thought they recorded a bunch of those to release every monday for a little while.

Didn't Will said on the podcast last week that there would be a new slow-mo cam video this monday?

I thought they recorded a bunch of those to release every monday for a little while.

had to push the next one a week back because of scheduling. sorry for lack of video this week but we're working on some big site stuff. trust us it's a good thing :)

Argh, Tested broke my Instacast! Did you guys refresh the RSS feed or something, because all episodes of the podcast (and i mean ALL of them from the very first episode) were suddenly marked as unplayed and started downloading again.

Ryan and Jeff are the only bros who won't have a kid.

I think Ryan wants a kid. He sounds like he is mentally preparing whenever he talks to Vinny about his kid on the bombcast. Jeff won't, though.

Chuck

Still without luck
Argh, Tested broke my Instacast! Did you guys refresh the RSS feed or something, because all episodes of the podcast (and i mean ALL of them from the very first episode) were suddenly marked as unplayed and started downloading again.

Same happened to me. Luckily I have it to only download the latest episode.

Chuck

Still without luck
How about right now!

iNLX3J60EV0n7.png

EPISODE 147 - TIPS FOR LIFE - 11/15/2012

On this week's show, Joey gets a big update, Will avoids uncomfortable situations, and Norm wants a sandwich. All that, plus the latest on Stephen Sinofsky, the Wii U's launch details, Nokia's mapping service, Motor Trend's Car of the Year and another edition of fake outtakes. Enjoy!

Remember to rate it on itunes and comment on the podcast page.

(The last day to donate to Child's Play for Octoberkast is TODAY. Donate before it's too late!)

Top Bottom