• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

It's been a while since I've visited tested, but they still don't a button to download the podcast from their site? Wanted to check out that Star Wars one with Adam on it.

Yeah, I know, right click, view page source, ctrl+f mp3.

Dany

Banned
Two podcasts ago they were talking about Hulu and about the ads on hulu.

I have never had the same ad run on Hulu during the span of a show. It's such malarkey they way both Tested and Giantbomb continue to be misinformed on such an established video service.

sixghost

I have never had the same ad run on Hulu during the span of a show. It's such malarkey they way both Tested and Giantbomb continue to be misinformed on such an established video service.

It's happened plenty of times to me.

I tried H+ for a couple months, and was bombarded with constant Romney ads. It got old real fast.

Recon

Banned

Every time I have used hulu I have got the same ads a bunch of times. Seems like you are either lying or an anomaly.

eznark

Banned

Dude, it used to be absolutely awful. Impossible to watch awful. I cancelled my Hulu+ because I was getting the same fucking Cadillac ad over and over. I recently re-upped and no longer have that problem though.

Wills old enough to have bought cassettes? I'm 22 and bought cassettes...

Did they do a nexus 10 QL? Someone should tape a silver apple on the back of one if they haven't.

Adam Savage talks video games. Based on the comments it sounds like he's looking for some games to try. I recommend Mick and Mack: Global Gladiators

Nice office. I wonder if they are running other BermanBraun stuff out of there and not just Tested. I checked the BermanBraun website for the first time and they do Alphas?

Dammit Will, where is my Alpha's coverage?!? You better line up Bill and Gary for the next Octoberkast now

Zaph

Adam Savage talks video games. Based on the comments it sounds like he's looking for some games to try. I recommend Mick and Mack: Global Gladiators

Nice office. I wonder if they are running other BermanBraun stuff out of there and not just Tested. I checked the BermanBraun website for the first time and they do Alphas?

Dammit Will, where is my Alpha's coverage?!? You better line up Bill and Gary for the next Octoberkast now
I doubt it. It's a pretty small space to share, plus don't they also have ex-WM engineers working out of it too?

The engineers actually launched another BB website before redoing the Tested site.
Yeah, I remember hearing about it on the podcast. But what I mean is that I don't believe they're producing other BB content out of that office.

Listened to this weeks Adam Savage podcast.

I would PAY MONEY to watch Adam play through Journey.

Seems like the perfect game for him and for a video. Its less then 2 hours long, You cant die and its all about exploration and wandering through pretty environments.

Bet it would get a far few views but I guess since his time is so tight you might want to show him a number of games instead of 1 short one.

chogidogs

Not bad.

Tvwm5.jpg

Rlan

Heh, they should get in on those Minecraft skins they've been doing on the Xbox Live Arcade version of the game. Running around as Jamie blowing shit up? Sounds about right.

Megasoum

Banned
And they both have been hinting at a "big week" starting today so who knows?

So basically they would get a new office, new videos and new website faster than CBSi? Hahahahaha, would be awesome.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
And they both have been hinting at a "big week" starting today so who knows?

So basically they would get a new office, new videos and new website faster than CBSi? Hahahahaha, would be awesome.

I'm pretty sure Berman Braun bought the entire engineer staff, including the group of 5 or 6 people that came from Romenia or whatever (it seems that they did most of the heavy lifting), the backend website deployment tools and a big chunk of video editing hardware while CBSi only got Dave and Alexis from an engineering standpoint, two websites and their respective editors.

During the Website roundups and livestreams with Dave, he mentioned multiple times that Alexis is the website guy, while he's the "behind the cameras" tool creator. I wonder if they had to re-create everything from scratch or if they shared the tools usage rights.

Both Vinny and Jeff said that they though it would be easy to just use Gamespot stuff for their work, but that didn't turn out so easy as they though. They didn't even have computers for the first couple of weeks.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm pretty sure Berman Braun bought the entire engineer staff, including the group of 5 or 6 people that came from Romenia or whatever (it seems that they did most of the heavy lifting), the backend website deployment tools and a big chunk of video editing hardware while CBSi only got Dave and Alexis from an engineering standpoint, two websites and their respective editors.

During the Website roundups and livestreams with Dave, he mentioned multiple times that Alexis is the website guy, while he's the "behind the cameras" tool creator. I wonder if they had to re-create everything from scratch or if they shared the tools usage rights.

Both Vinny and Jeff said that they though it would be easy to just use Gamespot stuff for their work, but that didn't turn out so easy as they though. They didn't even have computers for the first couple of weeks.

Yeah it's true but Dave and Alexis are now part of the CBS engineering team. Which makes me think they are also re-designing Gamespot. They also hired a couple of guys in the last months.

Oh and the Berman Braun team also launched another site since the new Tested was launched.

eznark

Banned
I hadn't watched the bullwhip video yet, that is very cool. Is that going up on the site soon?

I think my favorite part is that Norm, who is more often than not the quiet one, is "speaking" the site name.

Megasoum

Banned
Yea that was weird. Not necessarily bad, my brain was just waiting for the voice over guy to start up when they talked about going back to do the math.

Yeah, well in general all the scripted videos are always the worst one. The guys are great when they do it on the fly but all the scripted and forced jokes are just akward and bad.

Top Bottom