• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

newjeruse

Loyd:
"This is a tech podcast, right?"
"This is a tech podcast, right"
"This is a tech podcast, right"

Norm: What have you been testing?
Loyd: Boardgames.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Loyd: "This is a tech podcast, right?"
Norm: What have you been testing?
Loyd: Boardgames.

Tested is so clearly not a tech-only site that it seems almost a internal joke to ask if it's a Tech podcast. I believe at one point Gary even answers "no", which should be the default answer.

Norm sounded like he was talking through a pillow for most of the episode.

Norm's mic was probably way down or actually, was said earlier, backwards. Still "listenable" enough.

eznark

Banned
Tested is so clearly not a tech-only site that it seems almost a internal joke to ask if it's a Tech podcast. I believe at one point Gary even answers "no", which should be the default answer.

Norm's mic was probably way down or actually, was said earlier, backwards. Still "listenable" enough.

Norm called it a tech podcast on this very episode.

Aaron

Shame about no cast. Other than minor audio problems, I thought Norm did a great job holding it down last week. Probably exhausted their guest supply.

Chuck

Still without luck
Looks like a short, 2-man show this week.

nbUtn1I.png

Episode 159 - Where's Crash? - 2/22/2013

On this week's (day late) show, Norm and Will discuss the PlayStation 4, the GeForce Titan, the HTC One, and the problem with vestigal organs. Enjoy!

Podcast Page
RSS
iTunes
Download
Video(soon)

Chuck

Still without luck
lmao

'What if developers said they don't need as much of this super fast ram'

The Sony discussion was difficult to listen to as expected, but I did like Will calling HD rereleases a "HD remixes".

solarus

lmao

The Sony discussion was difficult to listen to as expected, but I did like Will calling HD rereleases a "HD remixes".
Agreed that was terrible. Also if they are going to delay the podcast by a day, they should have really read up on all the specs. They didn't really know much about the specs of the new dualshock, besides hey it's got a light on it that acts as a player indicator, i mean will was surprised that it had a touchpad.

Agreed that was terrible. Also if they are going to delay the podcast by a day, they should have really read up on all the specs. They didn't really know much about the specs of the new dualshock, besides hey it's got a light on it that acts as a player indicator, i mean will was surprised that it had a touchpad.

Could've been worse. Literally every podcast I've heard talking about the PS4 got at least one major fact wrong, by omission or otherwise. At least they didn't say it was a touchscreen.

solarus

Could've been worse. Literally every podcast I've heard talking about the PS4 got at least one major fact wrong, by omission or otherwise. At least they didn't say it was a touchscreen.

They seem cynical/not interested in Sony's involvement in the console space, they are only really interested in Nintendo and Microsoft. Granted Will and Norm are indifferent to the PS3 because of their early experiences with it and the 360's superior os, functionality and controller but Sony has made great strides and improvements since then and Playstation plus is remarkable. I tune myself out whenever they have to discuss gaming usually.

Curufinwe

lmao

I find this funny because in the Weekend Confirmed thread someone is saying how great Tested's coverage of the PS4 announcement was in comparison.

I haven't listened to either yet.

No_Style

lmao

I was bracing for Gary's comments but he didn't show up, so it ended up being better than expected.

Trying to follow their explanation of the APU tech was a bit confusing though. I knew what they were trying to explain which helped in the end. The only other podcast I listened to that mentioned PS4 was AnandTech's who were really down on the Jaguar CPUs and didn't mention the benefits of including the H.264 chips.

Haven't listened to only a test for a few weeks now and I would have listened this week for ps4 talk but it sounds pretty cringe worthy.

Someone want to give a quick list of what they said?

I guess Will isnt on the ps4 RAM hyoe train?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Using a $50 pen chassis for cheap pen refills, Field Notes notebooks, dat beard...

Can we safely say the Will has entered hipsterdom? :p

This is coming from a stationary geek too.

eznark

Banned
I love this pen it is fantastic but it looks cheap and other people judge me for using it so I bought this crazy expensive pen.

Apple mindset infecting the Tested supply closet.

eznark

Banned
Will fixed the toilet and didn't have to call a plumber? Way to go! That beard is making you more manly!

The toilet still totally works without a handle though.

eznark

Banned
The lever arm is above the water line in the tank. Yes, I did just have to fix a toilet yesterday thank you very much.

Though maybe Will has some fancy hipster toilet.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The lever arm is above the water line in the tank. Yes, I did just have to fix a toilet yesterday thank you very much.

Though maybe Will has some fancy hipster toilet.

The last two times my handle broke it was the entire lever assembly that snapped off the handle.

I go through those things like crazy for some reason. With my shits,I want it gone right away, so maybe I am a little too forceful at slamming down on the handle. Stinky.

eznark

Banned
Yeah but the plunger rests above the water line. Just pull it up. I guess there are a lot of toilets that use a chain though so yeah, you'd have to reach into the water to pull the chain out the first time.

That was without a doubt the most boring PS4 talk I've heard on any podcast yet. This is what happens when Gary isn't around. He would have dozed off during that stuff.

Top Bottom