• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

willsmith

Man that Dell Envy quick look was a bit hard to watch. It might just be me, but isn't it a bit unprofessional to have the mbp sitting on the same table as the Envy for the ENTIRE video?

I know tested loves Apple products... but still, compare the 2, and put the mbp away, unless they titled the video wrong and it's really a mbp 17" vs Envy 17" video o_O.

We've gotten this criticism fairly frequently on this, and I don't get it. Products aren't anthropomorphic. The HP laptop isn't aware that there's another competing product on the table next to it. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure no one at HP would be offended that we pulled another laptop onto the set to show relative size. And since we shoot these quick looks in one or two takes, we don't pull stuff off the set unless there's a stopping point.

eznark

Banned
AYL stylus plus Note Taker HD is note taking heaven. I use it every day for every client interaction. It's a fantastic combo. I've gone through like 10-15 stylii before finding this solution. So awesome.

The Cosmonaut thing looks like utter garbage. Penultimate is absolutely utter garbage.

Hey remember yesterday when I said I really liked Loyd.

Well that was before I listened to the part of the podcast where he said he doesn't like TNG.

Boo Loyd.

We've gotten this criticism fairly frequently on this, and I don't get it. Products aren't anthropomorphic. The HP laptop isn't aware that there's another competing product on the table next to it. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure no one at HP would be offended that we pulled another laptop onto the set to show relative size. And since we shoot these quick looks in one or two takes, we don't pull stuff off the set unless there's a stopping point.

Relative size? How many people seen a 17" MBP before? If you want to compare size, use a banana or some other everyday object ;)

To be fair, most of your quick look videos don't have a table on set, so it's probably not your fault. Blame norm for not being strong enough to hold a laptop for ~5min!

eznark

Banned
To quote a CES presenter, "I'm a total Trekker!"

Translation: I don't watch Star Trek. :)

Loyd's awesomeness transcends any Star Trek debate!

Aren't Trekkers the ones who watch TNG?

Also, Lloyd is awesome. I want a podcast that is just Lloyd and Dave.

To quote a CES presenter, "I'm a total Trekker!"

Translation: I don't watch Star Trek. :)

Loyd's awesomeness transcends any Star Trek debate!

well ok then. he seems like a incredibly smart dude. I am sure he is into even more nerdy crap then star trek.

eznark

Banned
neeeeerrrddds!

v1rcd.jpg

Curufinwe

This is a good source for things people think are in the Constitution, but aren't.

http://www.usconstitution.net/constnot.html

I don't know if the Tested guys want segment ideas in this thread, but I would really like to see them show how they have Chrome set up. Because they seem to all agree that it's the best browser around, but whenever I have tried using it I end up shocked and appalled at the lack of customization options and go back to Firefox.

I'm still a bit confused about the whole HP Envy thing. I recall Norm mentioning that he specifically chose the 17" instead of the 15".

So let's preview the one that we rather not use? It's kinda like a pc gaming site reviewing a console game.

I'm probably just thinking too much into these. I still think the site needs to change up how they do laptop quicklooks. Probably the weakest of their video content imo.

Haven't finished listening to the podcast but what they should've done is split the podcast up into 3 40 minute podcasts and each podcast has it's own intro, what you've been testing, news items and voice mails. would have been funny if they did that and not make any reference to it at all.

eznark

Banned
how is elk?

Steaks are not great. Pretty tough. But, if you cook them over low-to-medium heat for a long time it can be good. Burgers are really good. My wife makes a mean chili with ground elk. We've tried the same recipe with a lot of different wild game and elk is so far the best. Not really sure why.

All in all though, it's not that good. Definitely on the low end. However, this was an elk I personally killed, not some elk raised to be food. I am guessing farm elk is significantly more tender.

willsmith

Steaks are not great. Pretty tough. But, if you cook them over low-to-medium heat for a long time it can be good. Burgers are really good. My wife makes a mean chili with ground elk. We've tried the same recipe with a lot of different wild game and elk is so far the best. Not really sure why.

All in all though, it's not that good. Definitely on the low end. However, this was an elk I personally killed, not some elk raised to be food. I am guessing farm elk is significantly more tender.

I love elk in stews and chili. You can make killer burgers with it. They cut well with beef or pork too.

eznark

Banned
Facebook went public because they were essentially forced to by a shitty SEC rule mandating any company with more than 500 shareholders are subject to the same disclosure rules as a public company. Once you are treated like a public company by the Man, it becomes a lot harder to scoff at billions of dollars in immediate capital.

I'd like to hear more of Norm's "taxes" theory though. Sounds humorous.

eznark

Banned
Listening to Gary talk about the satisfaction of building something he gets from LEGO tells me someone really needs to get him a table saw and some lumber.

Make some simple shelves for your LEGO set, feel some real satisfaction!

Top Bottom