• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Well for me after getting an ultra book. I tend to bring it around on campus a lot more then my old 5lb acer.

Which might be a bad thing. Internet does not help you pay attention in class :(

njean777

Yeah, I was SMH a bit at Will's statements. I have an 11" MB Air, a 17" MB Pro, and a 2008 Mac Pro. I "need" all of them for different purposes but the MB Pro is by far the most versatile. It has a much longer battery life than the Air and is over twice as fast. It's not a flyweight at 6 pounds, but neither is it a cinderblock. If I had to keep only one machine it would be the 17" Pro, hands down. I've traveled cross country with it a few times and it has never been a hassle.

Apples computers are an anomaly, they always way less then the competitions most of the time and kill the competitions battery. I own a 13in Macbook Pro and not once have I ever though to myself it is to heavy. This is even after returning a 13in Macbook air for this 13in Pro.

Chuck

Still without luck
While you're building your Lego, why not listen to a NEW episode of This is Only a Test!

bBbfC.png

Episode 107 - Animal Cracker Theatre - 2/9/2012

On this week's episode, Will makes a bold declaration, Norm gets technical, and Gary shares a personal fantasy. All that, plus iPad 3 rumors, the latest news on Windows 8 for ARM, Chrome on Android, Steve Jobs' FBI file, and another episode of fake outtakes.

Gomu Gomu

Well for me after getting an ultra book. I tend to bring it around on campus a lot more then my old 5lb acer.

Which Ultra book did you buy?
I'm thinking of getting one, and honestly, I don't know which one's the best. My requirements aren't that high. All I need from it is to be light, and have decent processing power and be reasonably fast. I'm not going be playing any games on it. But it has to be good enough for programming.
edit: Oh , and in case it's not clear, I want it to be Windows 7.

Lanbeast

Listening to the cast now. I think they're grossly underestimating how many corporations are still running XP, and that the next step wouldn't be the new OS no matter what they did with it. Most companies will probably bounce over Vista and go straight to 7.

Gary nailed it when he said that corporations don't care what's new and shiny, but they're going to go to whatever is most safe and secure. My opinion, anyway.

Aaron

Company I work for is still mostly XP. When those computers burn out, they're replaced with Windows 7 machines. Vista wha? I forgot that existed.

Curufinwe

Company I work for is still mostly XP. When those computers burn out, they're replaced with Windows 7 machines. Vista wha? I forgot that existed.

My wife's company upgraded from Windows 98 to Vista only a couple of years ago, and I'll bet they'll be on Vista until Windows 9.

Chuck

Still without luck
Just got an email about the shirt

Hey gang,

I’m writing to you because you ordered a Gary Whitta blockhead shirt from us several weeks ago. I have good news and bad news about that shirt. I’ll get the bad news out of the way first--the shirts shipped out to you guys today have a printing error and they aren’t up to the standards we’ve set for the merchandise we sell. Unfortunately, we didn’t realize the error until the shirts were already en route to you. The good news is that we’re already printing another batch of shirts, with the error corrected, and will send them out as soon as they’re finished. You don’t have to do anything, we’ll send the fixed shirts to the same address we sent the defective shirts to.

That’s it, you don’t have to do anything else. Don’t worry about sending the defective shirts back--feel free to desecrate Gary’s face in any way you see fit. If your address has changed since you placed your order, email *********** with your order number and new address and we’ll update your info before your shirt goes out.

I’m sorry we didn’t catch the defective shirts earlier, and sorry they’re taking so long to get out to you. As always, if you have comments or criticisms about Tested products, please don’t hesitate to email me. My address is *********.

Cheers,

///Will

<3 Tested.

Gary if I had to chose between an iPad 3 and a Macbook air for my everyday on the go/ living room computer what would you choose and why.

(Uses are general internet browsing at home and on the go. Laptop is for potential upload of pictures from my DSLR, better expandability. I plan to read lots of research papers and books on this device.)

Will or Norm, I would appreciate your advice too if you are reading this.

Gary if I had to chose between an iPad 3 and a Macbook air for my everyday on the go/ living room computer what would you choose and why.

(Uses are general internet browsing at home and on the go. Laptop is for potential upload of pictures from my DSLR, better expandability. I plan to read lots of research papers and books on this device.)

Will or Norm, I would appreciate your advice too if you are reading this.
Kinda hard to say without seeing the iPad 3, but if you want to get the most use out of it I would say go with the Air. Use of my iPad fell way off once I started using my Air. It's nearly as compact and portable and you can do so much more with it.

Kinda hard to say without seeing the iPad 3, but if you want to get the most use out of it I would say go with the Air. Use of my iPad fell way off once I started using my Air. It's nearly as compact and portable and you can do so much more with it.

Kind of what I was thinking. Only thing that iPad might win with is the digital mag subs. I'll be waiting for that air refresh I suppose. Thanks.

Feels like the guys are really repeating themselves these days. You know, you don't have to say "I don't care about dual cores" every time there is an Apple rumor... which is every week. Plus Gary has his trusty bag of 10 or so expressions he reaches into every episode

If you think something (iPad 3 rumors for instance) has been covered to death just skip it.

willsmith

I love how Will was so embarrassed on the podcast when Gary complained about the screwed up shirts

I never want to sell something to you guys that isn't right. We're really hard on products with problems, which means we have to be perfect when we do stuff. We weren't perfect this time, our supplier recognized that, and everyone involved is committed to making it right.

eznark

Banned
I never want to sell something to you guys that isn't right. We're really hard on products with problems, which means we have to be perfect when we do stuff. We weren't perfect this time, our supplier recognized that, and everyone involved is committed to making it right.

I need to go back and watch the video for that part. Seemed like you were desperately trying to move on while Gary obliviously kept shitting on the shirt. Comic gold! (I'm sure you'll get the shirt fixed, accidents happen. Like making it a cranberry shirt).

Gregory Peck moment is the new forehead-slappingest moment in Will Smith's whiskey career. (from tnt)

I need to go back and watch the video for that part. Seemed like you were desperately trying to move on while Gary obliviously kept shitting on the shirt. Comic gold! (I'm sure you'll get the shirt fixed, accidents happen. Like making it a cranberry shirt).

Gregory Peck moment is the new forehead-slappingest moment in Will Smith's whiskey career. (from tnt)

It seemed to be that Gary was being a bit disrespectful of the supplier and Will knowingly curbed the conversation because that is obviously something that shouldn't be discussed on-air.

willsmith

It seemed to be that Gary was being a bit disrespectful of the supplier and Will knowingly curbed the conversation because that is obviously something that shouldn't be discussed on-air.

The supplier is the one who is making it right. So yeah, Gary shitting on the supplier live on air wasn't particularly constructive, and I moved the conversation on. Also, opening product without having seen it live, on camera, is a really dumb idea. We should not have done that :)

I'd take food over sex any... most days.

You eat more often AND it's cheaper!

Been a while since I'm gonna have a quiet valentine. My wallet is happy! Maybe I should go buy a vita (lol).

eznark

Banned
Yet another "not for you product" that you are missing out on with your San Fran pinko commie, childless existence! Kodak made an amazing digital picture frame, the Pulse. Ridiculously overpriced ($119) for a 7" frame but...it has wifi. My wife and I are able to email pictures to the frame (you set up a specific email for each frame) that we gave to our parents. I'm willing to bet my mom sits in front of that frame and just stares waiting for pictures of her granddaughter. It's a really neat technology and an awesome implementation.

I can't wait til Gary has a kid, it's going to add a fantastic new perspective, especially on the picture/video front.

eznark

Banned
Nothing new, no. But it was something Kodak did really well and I'm disappointed they are getting out of the business. Makes me wonder how long that email address will continue to work, since it was something along the lines of yourname@kodakpulse.com

bionic77

Yet another "not for you product" that you are missing out on with your San Fran pinko commie, childless existence! Kodak made an amazing digital picture frame, the Pulse. Ridiculously overpriced ($119) for a 7" frame but...it has wifi. My wife and I are able to email pictures to the frame (you set up a specific email for each frame) that we gave to our parents. I'm willing to bet my mom sits in front of that frame and just stares waiting for pictures of her granddaughter. It's a really neat technology and an awesome implementation.

I can't wait til Gary has a kid, it's going to add a fantastic new perspective, especially on the picture/video front.

My twins have scratched the shit out of my wife's iPhone.

I wonder how Gary will react to the first tech casualty?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I wander in here and I see Will Smith and Gary posting. Guess I might as well listen to the podcast for once.

I've only tuned in to see the PC building and Norm suck at StarCraft.

I bought the gold leader Y-wing from TRU yesterday for 42. Even got a free Darth Maul 2GB flash drive. I'm thinking of selling it on Ebay. Anyways, thanks a lot guys, now I am going to start buying lego sets like fucking crazy.

Chairhome

Has the Tested crew seen these new LEGO sets coming out of Toyfair?
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/new-star-wars-lego
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/6867554759/ (Malevolence video)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/6867592589/in/photostream/ (Jabbas Palace Video)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/6867639323/in/photostream (LOTR Orc Forge Video)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/6868006613/in/photostream (LOTR Battle of Helm's Deep Video)

20120212-074851.jpg

Seems like a lot of the new stuff might be more Clone Wars based though.

There are some LOTR, Avengers and other sets, too, but my work internet is slow.
Wow, there's a lot of LEGO stuff coming out of Toyfair.

Top Bottom