• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Vyer

Brad is on?

Damn... I love it when brad is on this but I hate the apple cocksucking after a new hardware announcement. I got Nothing against apple news .. I just don't like the insufferable fanboyisim.

I'm torn.

Someone listen and report back

guys on a tech podcast excited about a new version of a major tech product. oh no! :p

Akia

This episode was so great.

Gary giving Will shit for not knowing about Google Play was so satisfying, only because Will was pilling it on Gary the whole show.

I am fairly certain that Will would have went on a huge face palm rant if he read about the Google Play revamp. What a horrible re-branding effort from Google.

Play Store, Play Books, Play Movies, Play..ugh

Google_Play_Phone_Home_gallery_post.png

apps_play.jpg

android_app_on_play_logo_large.png

willsmith

After reading about Play last night, I really wish we'd talked about it. It's such spectacularly dumb branding, I expected it to come from Sony.

Norm continues to astound me with his completely random gaps in cultural knowledge. How do you not know who Rock Hudson is AND not know about Ninja Warrior?

Ok I am new to this Google Play thing.

cant wait for the PlayStation certified android phones to have the Play Store and the PlayStation Store for double the mind fuck.

why the hell did Google change it?

The only thing people haven't complained about with the android market is the name.

Heck they can say it sort of makes sense for Music, Movie and games but you dont "play" a book. In fact I think we can all agree that tech companies should keep the word play as far away from the word book as possible.

If the entire android platform falls appart in the next 12 months I will blame it play Play Books.

Vyer

fuuuuuu

Didn't realize AT&T 4G was so shitty compared to Verizon. I could change the iPad order, but that would probably put me at a later ship date now. Crap.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I don't see any data saying AT&T 4G LTE is shitty compared.

From what I can tell, if your city has AT&T coverage speeds should be faster because there's not a bunch of android devices flooding the network.

I'm sure AT&T will roll out wider coverage since their network isn't as mature.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/03/07/att-vs-verizon-lte-smackdown-tests-from-yerba-buena-today/

Apparently Apple even used AT&T at the event.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/03/07/ipad-att-4g-lte-vs-verizon-4g-lte/

Looks like I can't even get LTE coverage in my city.

I have a idea.

Why dont google just brand it as the google market?

Then inside the google market you have the App store, the book store, the music store etc...

That sort of works. Markets are made up of stores.... I dont know. Im not a marketing team.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I have a idea.

Why dont google just brand it as the google market?

Then inside the google market you have the App store, the book store, the music store etc...

That sort of works. Markets are made up of stores.... I dont know. Im not a marketing team.

That is crazy enough to work. Dammit Google.

newjeruse

He's right. It's fucking terrible. Google really took a step back with this.
We must have had really distinct experiences on the Android Market. I haven't barely used it over the past year in lieu of the Amazon App Store. It was always poorly curated and designed. Now, just over the past week, I've bought three 25 cent albums and rented a freaking movie (which I didn't even watch). The entire problem with the old market was that nothing was brought forward on the front page, and that's been completely reversed with the revision.

So if your issue is the literal name of the revision, whatever, that doesn't really concern me. But if you don't like the experience, I completely disagree.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Nothing has changed with the marketplace for a few months now. The recent change was name only, and some promotions to go along with it.

I got a bit bored, so...

First Will/Norm podcast (Max PC #15)
First Will/Gary podcast (Max PC #4)

First Will/Norm/Gary eludes me... although that may just be on Tested - which is this Episode 6 (Bacon Aficionado is no longer a Bacon Mecca :/)

Speaking of Tested...

Tested Episode 0 ("The Wiki is coming in a couple of weeks").

I could be be wrong with all of my "First" assumptions, but in typical History Channel form, as there is no evidence to prove I am incorrect it must be true!

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I hope Tested decides to update their "perfect iPad case" video. I poked my nose in Macrumors case forum and felt like I was in AVS forum looking up TV advice

Recon

Banned
Tested's first dozen or so podcasts have hilarious over use of their theme music. Basically every change of topic they played it.

Megasoum

Banned
Tested's first dozen or so podcasts have hilarious over use of their theme music. Basically every change of topic they played it.

Ugh, it already kinda annoys me a bit right now (it's not bad but I'm not a fan of over-produced podcasts) so I better avoid those first couple of episodes lol.

Barrett2

It drives me crazy that none of their dumb listeners have any idea what "Would You Rather" is or how it works.

It's an improv comedy game. The point is to throw out two absurd, non-literal scenarios, and the comedy comes from riffing on the two inane choices.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I think Gary should have had to eat one of those eggs. Will definitely needed one for the LTE prediction, but I really think the SIRI prediction beats the 'low end' IPad prediction.

willsmith

I hope Tested decides to update their "perfect iPad case" video. I poked my nose in Macrumors case forum and felt like I was in AVS forum looking up TV advice

I generally don't like cases for iPad. Smart Cover is really nice, but overpriced and doesn't protect the back at all. I did just buy a sleeve from Rickshaw Bags for $25 though.

willsmith

It drives me crazy that none of their dumb listeners have any idea what "Would You Rather" is or how it works.

It's an improv comedy game. The point is to throw out two absurd, non-literal scenarios, and the comedy comes from riffing on the two inane choices.

If anyone ever sent in really good Would You Rathers, I'd run them, even if they didn't have a question attached. I'm not averse to stupid questions, we just don't get many that are good.

sixghost

That's how it works on Comedy Death Ray. It's not the only way it can be done. If those were the only type of Would You Rather's that they wanted, they probably would have said something by now, right?

f0rk

If anyone ever sent in really good Would You Rathers, I'd run them, even if they didn't have a question attached. I'm not averse to stupid questions, we just don't get many that are good.

You should say this on the podcast because I can only think of 2 Bombcast ones (and it was the only content in the email) and they are both infinitely better than anything you guys get.

Or maybe it's just funnier when they come up randomly rather than being so forced.

I will fix this...

Would You Rather?

Everytime you are in the vicinity of a dog you get a strong, sharp, hurtful, but not life threatening, electric shock (the dog would feel no pain)

or

The only means of assisted transportation for the rest of you life is via rollerblades (you can still walk/run places, but you can never use a car, bike, boat, train, plane... and so on... ever again as a driver or passenger).

DECIDE!!

Gowans

Some would you rathers are more would you rather not or just not choices at all, or even close to the same A/B option with a twist between them. I also wish they would be positive. I've always had them random brain farts you think would be great. I heard a good one the other day I can not remember tho.

I have one tho that I always changed my mind on.

Would you rather:

A. Be able to transport anywhere instantly (taking whatever you can hold)
B. Be able to pause time (taking whatever you touch into your time stream)

I sent some WYRs to Comedy Bang Bang, but they went unused. I will post them here for your amusement, since it seems germaine to the conversation.

Would you rather:

Be able to feel things you're touching only if you're not looking at them
OR
Have a crank-powered artificial heart

Host an awards show wearing nothing but chewing gum
OR
Have all your body hair replaced with steel wool

Have the ability to unlock a lock by singing a national anthem
OR
Have the ability to smell in four dimensions

Have the ghost of William F. Buckley finish all your sentences
OR
Have Barbie/Ken doll genitals every full moon

l1geh

Banned
Gowans007; Pause Time. Easy

acheron: 1. blind-feeling. After all, everything I can´t see I feel and everything I cant feel I see. Also, would make surgery way more interesting. LOOK AT IT AND THE PAIN WILL GO AWAY!
2. Award show. easy
3. I don´t even know what the second one means, so national anthems.
4. I can go without sex for one night every 4 weeks.

Gowans

Gowans007; Pause Time. Easy

I dunno you'd still age and I'd end up wasting half my life pausing for crap things like extra sleep and to play games.

If I could teleport anywhere I'd be able to have extra time and not waste it traveling.

Some would you rathers are more would you rather not or just not choices at all, or even close to the same A/B option with a twist between them. I also wish they would be positive. I've always had them random brain farts you think would be great. I heard a good one the other day I can not remember tho.

I have one tho that I always changed my mind on.

Would you rather:

A. Be able to transport anywhere instantly (taking whatever you can hold)
B. Be able to pause time (taking whatever you touch into your time stream)

I had a similar idea brewing. Would you rather:

A. Be able to pause time for 10 minutes (takes 10 minutes to recharge).
B. Be able to rewind time 10 minutes (takes 10 minutes to recharge).

Hey, Will I own a 4S and couldn't imagine a scenario in which I would buy an Android device. That said, you've been coming off extra hater lately. Especially on Twitter. I can almost see where the "fanboy" comments are coming from. It's getting sort of off-putting to be honest. I don't mind it from Gary because he doesn't presuppose to be a tech journalist. I hold you to a higher standard for obvious reasons.

Top Bottom