• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

KarmaCow

...I don't know what to feel. The Tested team growing is great of course because the site really needed it, but being separated from the Giantbomb dudes hurts. :(

JBuccCP

In all honesty I'm unsure about this as well. Is this a one time deal or a permanent relationship? I don't want to be mean to the tested guys but you seem kind of out of your league here.

edit: nvermind, got the site to load and read the post

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'll miss the crossover between the two crews, but this is clearly what they want to do, so I'm happy for them.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this whole thing though. Need some time to process the fall of Whiskey.

KarmaCow

I couldn't actually access the Tested site for a while so I didn't realise that Jamie and Adam were actually becoming part of the Tested site.

HOOOOLY SHIT!

I thought the Mythbusters dudes in the video was just a sign of the kind of people they have access to now for interviews.

Grats guys, this is amazing.

mr stroke

I hope Tested doesn't turn into a Engadget or The Verge after this :(

The internet doesn't need another giant tech blog. Tested's small scale, videos, podcasts, and intimate personality are what made the site different.

Xanathus

I'm legitimately excited for Tested's change which is a complete opposite from Giantbomb where I'm excited for the schadenfreude that's going to be happening in say... 1 year from now.

Glad to see less doom and gloom from you guys than from the Giant Bomb side!

So where do you fall after the whole thingy today?

Also for people that can't get into the site

Will Smith said:
After you’ve watched the video, keep reading.

If your first thought was “FREEEEEEEEEOOWW!”, then you know how I’m feeling. My feet haven’t hit the ground since Norm and I started talking to Jamie and Adam--you know, the freaking MYTHBUSTERS--about helping us turn Tested into the premiere place on the Internet to share the things they’re most interested in.

Naturally, some stuff on Tested is going to change. You can expect to see Jamie and Adam blogging alongside Norm and I about topics that excite all four of us--more than just the digital world. We’ll also be posting about things we love that we previously would have considered off-topic--science, art, nerd culture, the maker movement, Lego, and more. Of course, Norm and I will still be covering technology--phones, tablets, and PCs, plus all the things we love that you’ve come to expect from us, like making coffee and frying turkeys. We’ll be doing many more projects and how-to guides as well, and of course, we’ll still do old favorites like App of the Day. Podcast listeners, fear not. We’ll keep publishing This is Only a Test every Thursday afternoon.

If you’ve been coming to Tested for a while, you probably have questions. First off, what happens to your premium membership? You’ll continue to display your subscription badge when you post on the forums and in the comment section, and you’ll continue to see the site without ads for the duration of your subscription, but we aren’t going to auto-renew your subscription when it expires. We’ll have some more stuff to announce for members soon; we won’t forget you guys who’ve supported us during our first two years. All of the existing members-only video--including Bricked and No Jars Allowed--will be open to everyone, as soon those videos finish processing, that is.

Norm and I are both really, really, really, really, really excited about what’s to come (really!). We’re expanding the site so we can write about even more topics that, as huge nerds, we’re both deeply interested in, and we get to work with Jamie and Adam. Either of these things would be great news--both together are amazing. I’m really proud of the site that we’ve built over the last two years--Tested is more than podcasts, videos, and goofy coverage of As Seen on TV products. Tested is one of the few friendly, inclusive communities on the web, and we’d be honored to have you join us for the next step in our evolution.

We have civilized, rational discourse between people with all opinions on a variety of topics--that’s rare on the web today, and it’s something you should all be proud of. It wouldn’t have happened without each of you. My only request is that in the coming weeks, be sure to welcome Jamie and Adam’s fans into our community the same way you were welcomed when you first found us.

In case you didn’t get it before, I’m really proud of the site we’ve all built together over the last two years--we couldn’t have done it without your support. Thank you.

I’m glad that you guys are along for the ride. We’ll take the wraps off of our new design tomorrow, and will be ready to share the first taste of the new mix of content then too. I can’t wait to hear what you guys think. In case that’s not enough incentive to check back in tomorrow, I heard that Apple has a new tablet coming out too.

If today is your first visit to Tested, welcome! We’re really excited to have you here. In the meantime, you should dig into the back catalog of videos and let us know what you like and what you don’t like!

Let there be hype.

grkazan12

So I take it that today's podcast will streamed from Will's home today? and with Tested getting bigger could there be more positions to fill in the future. If so I'm totally down to being a writer/test dummy in the future.

big_z

I hope Tested doesn't turn into a Engadget or The Verge after this :(

The internet doesn't need another giant tech blog. Tested's small scale, videos, podcasts, and intimate personality are what made the site different.

thats why i liked it too. it was like hanging out with a group of friends. now with giantbomb flying out to sea to die and tested splitting off to change format it feels like the end of the golden years of 1up all over again.

So I take it that today's podcast will streamed from Will's home today? and with Tested getting bigger could there be more positions to fill in the future. If so I'm totally down to being a writer/test dummy in the future.

From what I gathered... Tested and screened still got the office?

jbug617

Banned
Can someone explain to me wtf is going on?

Is tested.com breaking away from GiantBomb? I am so confused!

CBS bought Giantbomb and Tested was bought by another company. Giantbomb is moving to the Gamespot offices and Tested are working with the Mythbusters.

I hope Oktoberkast still happens.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
This seems like a really great fit, I've always felt that Tested exsited under the (albeit awesome) shadow of Giant Bomb so it's really exciting to see you guys get such a big break and I'm sure you'll do wonders with it.

Can we please get a god damned branded zojourushi now that you're superstars?

I'm really excited for the guys. This sounds exactly like what they first set out to do when they created Tested. I cannot wait for Will and Norm's inevitable appearance on Mythbusters.

Top Bottom