• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

CBS bought Giantbomb and Tested was bought by another company. Giantbomb is moving to the Gamespot offices and Tested are working with the Mythbusters.

I hope Oktoberkast still happens.

I am very worried about GiantBomb. I do not like the sound of this move at all...

On the other hand, Will and Norm you have my 100% support. I really have enjoyed the casts/site the past few months.

Can someone explain to me wtf is going on?

Is tested.com breaking away from GiantBomb? I am so confused!

Whiskey Media wanted to bail out, so sold its sites.

A different company bought GB than bought Tested, so they are now not connected in any way

Tested feel like they are going forward with some interesting news stuff, when GB feels (but not really are) going backwards (to their old bosses).

Brad will likely no longer guest on Tested podcasts and Giant Bomb's TNT wont have Will appearance - all that interconnected stuff they had is dead

Axiom

When the Mythbusters stuff started being mentioned I honestly thought people were joking.

While I am sad Giant Bomb and Tested aren't going to be next door to each other, I am absolutely thrilled for the Tested crew and while I hope this doesn't change Gary's contribution and a lot of the chemistry that made me love Tested - I cannot fault anyone this amazing opportunity and am completely excited to follow the site as time goes on.

KarmaCow

So does this mean we'll finally get another episode of Tested: The Show?

And yea I hope there will still be more casual videos like Will ranting about how crappy Clear is in App of the Day.

Megasoum

Banned
I guess now I just need to find a way to get my sub reimbursed. Will is saying that the current sub will not get auto-renewed but I had already paid for next year when they were doing a promotion a couple of months ago. I was happy to donate to Whiskey but no fucking way I'm giving money to CBS (yes I know Tested is not with them but still).

The day started so well with the Diablo 3 announcement. Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy for Tested and I'm curious to see where this will lead but the Giantbomb news is so depressing.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
<jaw drop>

DREa8.jpg

Congrats Will and Norm. Great news for Tested. I'll really miss any and all GB/Tested crossovers but I'm sure, as Jeff said, that your paths will cross again.

tim.mbp

So does this mean Will and Norm might appear on the TV show? More importantly, will Kari Byron show up in some Tested videos?

FStop7

Banned
So it basically sounds like Tested is becoming a sort of expansion/extension of Mythbusters meant to engage the nerd audience in other areas beyond just blowing shit up. It also sounds like this means the Mythbusters people realize that the show can't go on forever and that they need to turn the name/brand into something broader and more enduring than a TV show. This sounds pretty fantastic.

sixghost

Hilariously, Will and Norm are like younger versions of Adam and Grant from the show.

You could slot them in and no one would notice for like 4 episodes.

eznark

Banned
Man, I'm a little bit bummed reading this thread. I pretty much do not like Mythbusters or the guys that host is.

I think this is an awesome move for Tested to be affiliated with them though, I'm jsut really hoping they don't all of a sudden show up in everything.

Also interested to see how subscriptions will shake out. I don't feel like they did enough on their own to warrant a subscription.

Loxley

Alright, I'm abandoning every Giant Bomb thread on the gaming side for a while, since it's deteriorated into nothing but senseless bitching, moaning, doomsaying and the usual amount of obnoxious GAF cynicism.

Things seem a little happier over here :)

OMG Aero

Alright, I'm abandoning every Giant Bomb thread on the gaming side for a while, since it's deteriorated into nothing but senseless bitching, moaning, doomsaying and the usual amount of obnoxious GAF cynicism.

Man you should should have seen the amazing test thread where people were raging hard about a contest about plastic bricks.

def sim

Maybe Will, Norm, and Gary will become superstars. Maybe my signed tested poster will be worth tens of millions in a few years.

This is how nuts the announcement has made me.

Fox318

Man, I'm a little bit bummed reading this thread. I pretty much do not like Mythbusters or the guys that host is.

I think this is an awesome move for Tested to be affiliated with them though, I'm jsut really hoping they don't all of a sudden show up in everything.

Also interested to see how subscriptions will shake out. I don't feel like they did enough on their own to warrant a subscription.

None of the sites really did. After they killed happy hour it really showed what little content any of the Whiskey sites really produced.

If it wasn't for Drew and Dave's PC stuff it would just be the Jar stuff.

rezuth

Hilariously, Will and Norm are like younger versions of Adam and Grant from the show.

You could slot them in and no one would notice for like 4 episodes.

Yeah, when I first saw that shot with the boxes behind them I was like "Damn, Will and Norm kinda remind me of Adam & Jamie standing there".

Heel

Yeah, it's the worst. Internet start up company gets acquired...shocking! Most of them seem oblivious to the alternative. I think it's great news that my favorite sites on the internet get to continue on to do bigger and better things on their terms!

Top Bottom