• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Yeah, it's the worst. Internet start up company gets acquired...shocking! Most of them seem oblivious to the alternative.
It's not so much that they got bought out it was by whom they got bought out by. Giant Bomb was started because of what happened between Jeff and Gamespot. Hopefully things work out but you have to see why people are skeptical.

It's not so much that they got bought out it was by whom they got bought out by. Giant Bomb was started because of what happened between Jeff and Gamespot. Hopefully things work out but you have to see why people are skeptical.

Which is why they're doing the stream in a few hours. This was the plan all along, right? They wanted to get bought out so they could keep doing it.

Now Jeff can get his Lexus.

Which is why they're doing the stream in a few hours. This was the plan all along, right? They wanted to get bought out so they could keep doing it.

Now Jeff can get his Lexus.

Yeah, am surprised that people are flipping out about GB stuff. From the business sense, it does seem like a pretty decent deal.

Now when Vinny get's laid off in 2013...

renitou

Awesome news for the Tested crew! Gary's continued involvement is key; Tested is the one nerd podcast I'm able to listen to in mixed company with my girlfriend. Mr. Whitta is her favorite. Especially Angry Gary. :p

Looks like subs are going away. They just uploaded all their member only stuff to YouTube

For now.

The potential of this new development for some new awesome premium stuff though...

I'll sub to new whiskey media just to support you lazy farts as long as some of that money goes to feeding Chloe.

chogidogs

I'm not gonna lie. When Tested started, I originally thought they were kind of a poor man's Mythbusters. Which is funny coz that make's Daniel and Ethan the homeless man's Mythbusters.

Good luck Will and Norm. Only way from here is up!

Fox Mulder

I'm excited for where Tested can go. Such a great core site that will really benefit from added content and exposure from the freakin mythbusters. The podcast is my favorite out there, so I hope that keeps going full steam, including the explicit tag.

I don't know about giantbomb. Feels like they're going back to the same corporate overlord that led to them creating the site in the first place. Hope it works out for those guys, but I guess their chemistry is the real asset to their site anyways.

RivalCore

Today's podcast will answer a lot of questions, look for it soon!

You'll still be involved with Tested in the future, right Gary? ...Right?

Super happy for Will and Norm. Though it sucks that GB and Tested won't be under the same roof for shenanigans, Tested has always been under appreciated (and under funded) for what they're trying to accomplish.

Hopefully working with Mythbusters will bring back stuff like Tested TV. Sure it was only one episode, but I love CNC machining and 3d printing.

EDIT:

Just saw Gary's tweet. Awesome!

KillerAJD

Just wanted to say congrats! I'm a little worried about the GB situation, but I always thought you guys had the atmosphere for a Mythbusters-Internet Version. Hope you guys have a lot of fun and I can't wait for more/new content!

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I never followed Tested...can someone explain why they are a good match with the Mythbusters guys? During the pancake meeting Jeff mentioned that everyone on the internet was talking about how it would be a good idea and seemed really excited for them himself, but I don't get the pairing.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
So is Tested in any way going to be linked to Mythbusters? Or is this a separate thing that just happens to include Jamie and Adam? Are you still going to call yourselves Tested?

Either way, congrats! That was an amazing video reveal!

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Great news for the tested crew. I have been following the site since it started even though I mainly lurk. I have been enjoying the podcast for years as well.

For GB it is a little of a wait and see situation. Perhaps people are a little cynical about it all but at least all those guys still have jobs.

Excited for the new look site.

JABEE

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/bermanbraun-buys-digital-content-provider-whiskey-media/

As part of this acquisition, BermanBraun will get three key sites of San Francisco-based Whiskey Media and acquire its content publishing platform. The three sites include the video entertainment-focused Screened, tech testing site Tested and Anime Vice, which covers anime and manga comics. The new Tested will become the Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage site and will go live later today (Hyneman and Savage are in a producing partnership with BermanBraun).

I thought it was Will and Norm's site. :(

R2D4

Banned
So do they make new episodes of Mythbusters? Are Adam and Jayme still involved? I haven't seen that show in years.

NewFresh

Oh no...
PftsN.jpg

So much racism incoming...

Man, I'm a little bit bummed reading this thread. I pretty much do not like Mythbusters or the guys that host is.

I think this is an awesome move for Tested to be affiliated with them though, I'm jsut really hoping they don't all of a sudden show up in everything.

Also interested to see how subscriptions will shake out. I don't feel like they did enough on their own to warrant a subscription.

I hate mythbusters and the two cunts that host it.

Good for will and norm though, this could be massive for them.

Top Bottom