• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

56zQt.png

Confirmed. Will and norm are stunt doubles for the tv show.

Akia

Funny how life works...

They were rejected by The Amazing Race and then later bought by the freaking Mythbuster duo!

Will and Norm probably be on the show within the next few years. The duo's talent will not go unnoticed.

mythbusters_desktop_1280x1024_wallpaper-344418.jpg

This is one of the few times that I want to listen to a podcast immediately. I can't wait to hear their more long form (non-Twitter) opinions on all this.

eznark

Banned
This is one of the few times that I want to listen to a podcast immediately. I can't wait to hear their more long form (non-Twitter) opinions on all this.

Yeah I was planning on skipping this one. Im going to get an iPad 3, I don't need to listen to three men deep throat Apple for two hours. Now though? Can't wait to listen!

eznark

Banned
Wait wait wait... they better not try to censor Gary on the podcast.

After seeing what happened with Tom Chick when he tried to run that site for SyFy...I'm a little less optimistic that the rest of you that this will be all positive.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn it. Why does iTunes take forever to update sometimes?

I always found the written content on Tested the weakest part of the site. Most of the articles were poorly written and researched, and looked shameful when compared to competing sites like Ars. Granted, they don't have the same level of writers, and Will and Norm were stretched heavily on their video and podcast work, so I cut some slack while paying my sub fees.

Tested was unique due to the personalities of Will, Norm and, to a lesser degree, Gary. Now that's being subsumed by the Mythbuster guys and, well, now what?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Almost nothing is lost by losing the swearing. I am all for swearing, and am personally not bothered by it at all, and I swear myself, but you really don't gain much from it.

But losing content because it is "inappropriate" would suck.

I am also concerned about Will and Norm losing creative control, so it will be interesting to see what the content is like and what sort of videos are put out.

FStop7

Banned
It's not the swearing that gives me concern, it's the subject matter.

At least two of the Mythbuster team (Grant and Torie) worked at ILM for many years and I don't know how well Gary going off on George Lucas and Star Wars is going to go over.

Same with classic lines such as "I would buy a good cup of coffee from the Nazis"

Losing the swearing - whatever... Losing the brash conversations would be really bad.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I always found the written content on Tested the weakest part of the site. Most of the articles were poorly written and researched, and looked shameful when compared to competing sites like Ars. Granted, they don't have the same level of writers, and Will and Norm were stretched heavily on their video and podcast work, so I cut some slack while paying my sub fees.

Without the written content, Tested would only be updated twice a week. It was a necessary evil to pad the site. They even had to break their traditional "apps of the week" video into 5 "app of the day" videos. Clearly Tested's focus isn't all-encompassing coverage of tech, but sometimes I wonder what Will and Norm do at work all day.

No swearing doesn't bother me. I can't think of any other Tested content that would not be allowed under the MythBusters regime. Perhaps live action Fruit Ninja?

willsmith

Without the written content, Tested would only be updated twice a week. It was a necessary evil to pad the site. They even had to break their traditional "apps of the week" video into 5 "app of the day" videos. Clearly Tested's focus isn't all-encompassing coverage of tech, but sometimes I wonder what Will and Norm do at work all day.

No swearing doesn't bother me. I can't think of any other Tested content that would not be allowed under the MythBusters regime. Perhaps live action Fruit Ninja?

Don't worry about us losing creative control. We're going to try a lot more crazy stuff, but we'll do it with people who know what they're doing so it's safe. In much the same way live action Fruit Ninja was NOT safe.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Don't worry about us losing creative control. We're going to try a lot more crazy stuff, but we'll do it with people who know what they're doing so it's safe. In much the same way live action Fruit Ninja was NOT safe.

Any chance of an Ipad quick look tomorrow?

You could test different coffees. Not local stuff since most of us can't access it, but maybe stuff available online? Like....

great-value-instant-cappuccino-120404.jpg

Tested presents Best Worst Coffee. Watch as Will and company run (with their mouths) a gauntlet of the shittiest, cheapest coffee on Earth. You'll laugh. Will will cry. It'll be awesome.

Top Bottom