• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Recon

Banned
Sam's Choice chocolate chips cookies are fucking awesome. Way better than Chips Ahoy or whatever, probably because they're like 40% chocolate chip and 50% butter.

I honestly dont mind most store brands. I just cannot imagine their coffee mix is any good.

That sucks. The explicit tag is there for a reason. I can understand keeping swearing out of articles or product videos but the podcast... That's shit.

Hear fucking hear. All the dudes saying they don't mind the loss of foul language are forgetting how hilarious a frustrated "fuck you" from Will is after Gary gives him a gang of shit.

Meh, swearing isn't big or clever, if it turns out I have to tone it down or cut it out altogether I think I will be less bummed than any of you!

Yeah... two things

1. You guys shouldn't have to censor your podcasts. Will suck if Oktobercast 2012 is not a fuck fest :(.
2. Stick to talking about stuff you know and want to talk about. I can understand casting a wider net on the video content, but the rock lobster stuff seemed forced and you guys didn't really have anything insightful to say about it.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Meh, swearing isn't big or clever, if it turns out I have to tone it down or cut it out altogether I think I will be less bummed than any of you!

Swearing when it's done at the right moment at the right time is amazing.

I'm not a fan of excessive swearing, but I will admit if I don't hear a "Oh fuck off!" from Gary Whitta ever again, I will be upset.

eznark

Banned
Will, have you picked up Turing's Cathedral yet?

And yeah, I'm more apprehensive about you guys having to watch what you say than the swearing.

The way I look at it I am a guest in someone else's house and if the house rules are no swearing I will respect that. I am not going to fuck up Will and Norm's shit. Plus, as you can see, I can still swear everywhere else. Cunt.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
The way I look at it I am a guest in someone else's house and if the house rules are no swearing I will respect that. I am not going to fuck up Will and Norm's shit. Plus, as you can see, I can still swear everywhere else. Cunt.

Just fresh off the podcast, I read that in your voice!

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
So are Will and Norm going to post here anymore? Or have they gone all Hollywood and shit.

Kidding. I know they're probably extremely busy and possibly a bit overwhelmed.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
whoa, I'm away for a day and suddenly tested is in the bed with mythbusters!? craziness.

ibsigFGChJKEBq.gif

Can I still do this going forward?

Bb4qP.jpg

Cause I will pretty much give up on the site if I have to deal with Youtube embeds.

BTW, this is not me getting antsy, as no one, not even Will, Norm and Gary, is worth me having to deal with their terribleness.

Poyunch

I just don't like Will and Norm being overshadowed by Mythbusters. But congrats anyway, this is obviously a pretty great change in the end.

Gowans

I'll miss the swearing but as long as there's Will, Norm & Gary alls great.

Can't wait to see Will & Norm doing new crazy things.

So is the site down??? Any alt links for the podcast???

sixghost

After listening to the podcast, I'm even more optimistic for Tested.

Project 1 should be building a flight sim cockpit for Vinny, Dave and Drew.

After listening to the podcast, I'm even more optimistic for Tested.

Project 1 should be building a flight sim cockpit for Vinny, Dave and Drew.

The only problem I have is the that for the past few years Mythbusters has turned into a very scripted, overlay edited, show. It is easy to tell a lot of the show is now set up - which is a bad change from Adam and Jamie riffing of each other.

If you go back, and look at something like Jet Car and the other early season stuff, they are much better Myth's on show than any of today's efforts. Current seasons are all set up around having a "Big Bang" to please the lowest common denominator of their audience, and I don't like that.

Don't get me wrong, it is still a great show, and I will be watching the 2012 season when it starts in a few Sundays, but the same style over substance infesting Tested would be a huge downer for everything I like about the site.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I will buy this...

mNjRJl.jpg

Kinda like the Encyclopedia Britannica thing, so I can hand it down to the kids.

Somewhere I have boxes and boxes of old issues of MaxPC. One of the great magazines.

(Dream Machine 2002 is the fucking classiest shit ever)

big_z

Is Will capable of not producing embarrassing moments? You siri?

Yea but if they turn tested into mythbusters gadgets online featuring will and norm they will edit or reshoot all the awkward stuff we love.

Having to tone down the podcast is a sign that the parent company has a different image of what tested should be.

Xater

Wait what? No more swearing on the podcast? Will also told me on Twitter that they might no longer do the MAME cabinet. I don't like where this is going :(

Top Bottom