• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

2007151-young_gary.jpg

big_z

Came across this while looking for norm pics. I never saw this ad and its hosted on tested so I'm guessing it's official.

33244-norman_chan_ces_2012_ces_advert.png

Grossman was a dangerous idiot who generated unnecessary fear without any real evidence, his arguments were all bullshit. I'm glad he is no longer heard from.

Chairhome

Jokes aside, Gary will actually really good in that video. Damn, he KILLED it! LOL Doom as a military training device! Holy shit.

I liked Gary's points there, but the thing is... Grossman was partially correct. My dad was in the navy and he would bring us to these military sim conventions every once in a while, and my current job allows me to attend Military Simulation conventions every year. I remember one year that we went to one convention and they basically had a Doom II custom map that they would use to train soldiers on tactics. We've come a long way since then, and I absolutely do not believe games can be equated to Murder Simulators/training, but just wanted to put that out there. The Nintendo thing was idiotic though.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
What does it matter if they had a Doom II mod going? It's complete nonsense.

Are we actually continuing an argument from 1999? Awesome.

FStop7

Banned
I liked Gary's points there, but the thing is... Grossman was partially correct. My dad was in the navy and he would bring us to these military sim conventions every once in a while, and my current job allows me to attend Military Simulation conventions every year. I remember one year that we went to one convention and they basically had a Doom II custom map that they would use to train soldiers on tactics. We've come a long way since then, and I absolutely do not believe games can be equated to Murder Simulators/training, but just wanted to put that out there. The Nintendo thing was idiotic though.

What tactics could you learn from Doom, though? Your character was like 3 feet tall and ran at a speed equivalent to 90 miles per hour.

taking apart ipads. taking apart vitas. All things are looking up for Tested!

Always thought Will liked the uncharted games... or was that whitta?

I remember Will delivered a "free-roaming games rock" speech when Skyrim came out, and went on a similar rant when Saint Row: The Third came came out. I think he hated on just about everything ever created when building LEGO, so somewhere in there is probably Uncharted hate.

Chairhome

What does it matter if they had a Doom II mod going? It's complete nonsense.

Are we actually continuing an argument from 1999? Awesome.
I'm not continuing an argument, I'm just clarifying something, haha. That guy was insane. Just trying to educate, man.
What tactics could you learn from Doom, though? Your character was like 3 feet tall and ran at a speed equivalent to 90 miles per hour.

It might have been quake. I don't remember. Basically they just had PCs networked together, and a military guy was telling us squad tactics when breaching a building. Like who goes in first, check corners, etc.

Top Bottom