• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

eznark

Banned
lol

WHO IS TESTED?
Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage are champions of science and technology, who worked on special effects for seminal Hollywood films before teaming up ten years ago to educate and entertain millions of viewers around the world. Through the course of his 25 years of work in the effects industry, Jamie has had his hand in producing effects for over 800 commercials, dozens of feature films, and has built hundreds of prototypes. Adam has multiple hobbies and is passionate about restoring his vintage four-wheel drive vehicle, and researching and accruing new pieces for his movie prop collection. When not shooting shows or working on pet projects, Adam and Jamie travel the country to corporate events, museums, and colleges, for groups as small as 20 and as large as 20,000, telling tales of experiments, explosions, and hijinks. Tested is their home on the web.

Will Smith and Norman Chan have been covering consumer electronics and the Internet for the past ten years, the last two of which were spent building Tested as a place for users to learn about technology and share their passions. Will works to master many coffee brewing techniques, is learning novel and traditional cooking styles, and keeps trying to expand his dog’s vocabulary beyond 150 words. Norm loves learning new photography tricks, is fascinated by comic book and cosplay culture, and is still on the hunt for the perfect pair of headphones. Both Will and Norm are unabashed adult fans of LEGO. As the curators and producers of everyday stories and video on Tested, trust Will and Norm to bring the off-beat enthusiasm and pragmatic coverage that long-time Tested readers have come to expect, infused with Jamie and Adam’s sensibilities and hallmark inquisitiveness.

eznark

Banned
Dave did all the old design work right?

God damn I miss Dave. I really hope the forums are broken and not supposed to be like that.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
wow

iQwaRsXn8WmER.png

HAHAHAHAHAHA

oh man

I shouldn't be laughing but

holy shit

Will said a few times, "This is their site." This is exactly what I expected. Will and Norm will be contributors, probably the main contributors but the Mythbuster guys were going to be front and center.

S1kkZ

content is all that matters to me, but this feels like a complete loss of identity.
still happy for will & norm, i expect great videos and awesome stuff from this.

laaame

SO, WHAT KIND OF STUFF CAN I READ ABOUT ON TESTED?
The short, pithy answer is: We'll cover anything that's awesome. The longer answer is that we have many interests, ranging from breakthroughs in science, amazing tales of exploration, and discoveries in nature to emerging technologies and new consumer products that promise to change our everyday lives. Tested is the place where we’ll explore those topics in depth, asking the hows and the whys about the things that excite us the most.

The number one rule of Tested is simple. We want to make Tested the site that we'd be most interested in reading. If you think there's something we should be covering, but aren't, please let us know!

There was no mention of Apple products, Legos, or coffee; this isn't the Tested that I knew and loved =(.

xptoxyz

The inclusion of their photos near the logo seems a bit over the top, but it's the brand that will bring people in I guess.

It seems the previously premium content is already unlocked for other users.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'm not sure what everyone was expecting? For Jamie and Adam to join the team?

They got bought, editors and all, and it actually makes sense for Will and Norm to write for a blog like this. They should be excited about the opportunity.

It covers a much broader spectrum than the old Tested did, and will have a huge influx of new viewers.

Top Bottom