• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Jamie & Adam are the brand.

Will & Norm are the content.

I think that's pretty obvious. Jamie and Adam obviously won't have time to do much content. Day to day it'll be the Will and Norm show.

I'm not concerned about the site. I knew that the Mythbuster guys were going to be put up front. It only makes sense and I thought Will made it clear. I'm just waiting for video content and future podcasts to see if this negatively affects Tested for me. If the next podcast feels scrubbed or the videos lose their personality, then I'm off board. I give them the benefit of the doubt.

The splitting articles into several pages for the extra page hits is bullshit though.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What a travesty. Lol at the notion that Will & Norm got the better part of the Whiskey breakup deal. This new design is shit, too. Articles broken up into pages? Seriously? That tells me all I need to know, really.

Very sad that Will & Norm have been demoted to underlings. I wonder how much control they will actually have over the content. Oh well, I'll at least continue to listen to the podcast for the meantime.

If this site means the podcast is changed, then I'll be very very upset. This Is Only A Test is my favourite podcast, and Will Norm and Gary are the reason I come to Tested in the first place. If we'll be seeing less of them in the video content then this website will not be what I want at all.

linko9

I really feel that they should have pushed all four personalities for the site. It's not like visitors can't keep track of four people... look at Giant Bomb. It just feels really weird, and I fell like Will and Norm are being thrown under the bus, though I know that's not how they see it.

Prezhulio

yikes. i realize the new site has only existed for a relative moment, but hopefully this is only a test doesn't see a similar revamp that tested.com got, i am not digging it.

anywho, congrats to will and norm and hopefully you can continue the entertainment you've established at tested in the new format.

chogidogs

Guyzzzzz I fixed it.

59bqZ.jpg

Poyunch

Jamie & Adam are the brand.

Will & Norm are the content.

I think that's pretty obvious. Jamie and Adam obviously won't have time to do much content. Day to day it'll be the Will and Norm show.

But now they'll just be known as the Mythbuster website guys. The B-team.

I'm happy Tested is getting the chance to get known but I don't like how. I would have preferred people finding Will and Norm through the original Tested rather than being attached to Mythbusters.

Nothing against Mythbusters either because I love the show.

Naka

When whiskey joined the logins of the sites you still had to reserve the name on each site. If you never did that for tested maybe you don't have an account for tested.

I honestly don't remember. I can't seem to find any forgot login/password reset on the new site to confirm either.

EDIT: Well apparently I refreshed the site and some how I'm logged in... No idea as it failed before when I tried. Oh well.

bwtw

Neo Member
But now they'll just be known as the Mythbuster website guys. The B-team.

I'm happy Tested is getting the chance to get known but I don't like how. I would have preferred people finding Will and Norm through the original Tested rather than being attached to Mythbusters.

Nothing against Mythbusters either because I love the show.

The issue is that the 'ideal' way was realistically never going to happen.

Tadale

Woah. Are you guys Siri?

Just kidding. As long as the content is just as good as better or before, and I still get the podcast, I'm down. Hope this means a bigger audience.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Sadly though, I expect a ton of older content to disappear shortly.
Most of that stuff is simply not intended for underaged audiences, is rife with cursing and swearing, and I don't think that's how BermanBraun wants the site to represent Adam and Jamie.

edgefusion

Man I am seriously not digging this. I was just starting to get into Tested and this is massively off-putting for me. The whole "welcome to OUR new site!" was just ugh too, you are welcoming me? Give me a break. The site looks cheap as all hell too, like going into a bottom-rung DIY store. Black, white and yellow? Were they bought out by Cerberus?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Eww.

Website is clunky at the moment where there's a ton of white space between the end of the article and the comments. Also I'm seeing ads and I'm a premium member. Also I don't see Norm or Will. :mad:

I agree with most people here that I am surprised the branding is as Jamie and Adam focused as it is, but I will give them some time and see what's up. Much like the GB transition, there is no use freaking out until there is something worth freaking out over.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Sadly though, I expect a ton of older content to disappear shortly.
Most of that stuff is simply not intended for underaged audiences, is rife with cursing and swearing, and I don't think that's how BermanBraun wants the site to represent Adam and Jamie.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were right. Will seemed to be getting a kind of antsy about swearing in the last podcast.

I don't want some clean family-friend prime time TV bullshit. This whole thing is really unfortunate.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were right. Will seemed to be getting a kind of antsy about swearing in the last podcast.

I don't want some clean family-friend prime time TV bullshit. This whole thing is really unfortunate.

If Gary can't say fuck on the podcast, then we're fucked.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Man I am seriously not digging this. I was just starting to get into Tested and this is massively off-putting for me. The whole "welcome to OUR new site!" was just ugh too, you are welcoming me? Give me a break. The site looks cheap as all hell too, like going into a bottom-rung DIY store. Black, white and yellow? Were they bought out by Cerberus?

To be fair, Adam and Jamie have one hundred times the fanbase that Tested.com ever had.
It simply makes sense.

I agree that it sucks for the Tested that we all know and loved, but I do hope people understand why and how this happens, and not just bitch for the sake of bitching.

Poyunch

And in comparison one of their first pieces of content when they started Tested was water-proof testing with condoms.

WillyFive

The site lacks style, feels very corporate. It's also ugly and broken.

A redesign is in order. Especially the articles. Good grief, why is the text grey on white?

Ken

I miss the little flaming Tested mascot already.

And I don't really know or care for the Mythbusters people (I don't watch TV at all anymore).

Oh well. :(

To be fair, Adam and Jamie have one hundred times the fanbase that Tested.com ever had.
It simply makes sense.

I agree that it sucks for the Tested that we all know and loved, but I do hope people understand why and how this happens, and not just bitch for the sake of bitching.

I think people get why it happened and are just bummed out that that's the way it has to be.

Darklord

Banned
I think people get why it happened and are just bummed out that that's the way it has to be.

No. Of course those 2 have a bigger following but it should be Jamie and Adam with Will and Norm. But now it's YO IT'S JAMIE AND ADAM GUYS. LOOK AT ALL THE AWESOME STUFF THEY DO. And yeah and 2 guys will be around, will and corn I think, anyway, MYTHBUSTERS!"

No swearing, no MAME cabinet, no Will and Norm. Wtf is left?

Poyunch

No. Of course those 2 have a bigger following but it should be Jamie and Adam with Will and Norm. But now it's YO IT'S JAMIE AND ADAM GUYS. LOOK AT ALL THE AWESOME STUFF THEY DO. And yeah and 2 guys will be around, will and corn I think, anyway, MYTHBUSTERS!"

No swearing, no MAME cabinet, no Will and Norm. Wtf is left?

I expect a wave of not that Will Smith jokes.

eznark

Banned
It simply makes sense.

I get why it happened and it's awesome for Will and Norm assuming the people that like MythBusters are also people who would watch and read online content.

For existing Tested fans, this is a worse site than the one we had yesterday...well, except that there is new content.

I followed these guys from MaximumPC because I like PC's and tech. Not sure this new site is really going to be for me. Of course, it's not like my subscription was putting food on their tables either.

kaskade

That's pretty much how I feel. I kind of like the stuff I'm seeing though. It's a bit more science-y stuff. I never really visited Tested for the articles so much, I'd read the odd feature here and there. But I would watch pretty much all of the videos.

Top Bottom