• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

FStop7

Banned
Adam really rocked it on the podcast, didn't he?

It was pretty great to hear him speak in depth about topics that interest him outside of Mythbusters.

Vyer

Haven't listened to the new one yet, but I have to say I only know of Adam from mythbusters and I came out of that podcast with a ton of respect for him. It was a great listen; he sounds like a very cool person and his enthusiasm and respect for the type of stuff they discussed was really appreciated. Great podcast, and I understand a lot better now why Will and Norm were so excited about the Tested changes.

LiK

HAHAHA, dubstep intro makes me laugh every time.

btw Will, I went over my Comcast cap in May by 13GB and didn't give a shit. Don't worry about it.

Win 8 questions. I got a desktop with 2 monitor setup and a half year old Asus Ultrabook.

I get 1 free win 8 thing due to msdnn. Which comp should i use it on?

Will there be win 8 drivers for non "win 8 laptops" so some of the multi touchpad stuff will work?

How good is win 8 support for multi monitors without 3rd party software?

It's interesting to me that movie props are actually build with tons of (more or less) readily available parts you can buy in a regular store. I mean I never really thought about stuff like that, but somehow I figured that props like that were pretty much custom-made from the ground up. The fact that Adam can find the specific company that made the pointer that was used for that prop kinda blows my mind.

Megasoum

Banned
I can't believe Gary didn't say anything when Will said "...there was that RIM job story"

380276_3048726671012_1648560063_2065141_911158576_n.jpg

Dany

Banned
I noticed that in the splendid 3 episodes without Gary and the return of Gary this week is that he has a tendency to derail a conversation to something banal and I just tune out. I love tangets but not so many.

so1337

Really enjoyed fake outtakes this week. You guys should talk about music more often.

Wilson wrote Pet Sounds in response to Rubber Soul by the way. Pet Sounds in turn influenced the creation of Sgt. Pepper's.

Vyer

I noticed that in the splendid 3 episodes without Gary and the return of Gary this week is that he has a tendency to derail a conversation to something banal and I just tune out. I love tangets but not so many.

Nah, other than the Adam episode, I found I'd rather have them all together.

Edit: holy crap on the banana thing.

Adam really rocked it on the podcast, didn't he?

It was pretty great to hear him speak in depth about topics that interest him outside of Mythbusters.
Adam was awesome!

I think he liked doing the podcast, too, so I bet there may be more Adam-casts in the future when his schedule permits.

sixghost

Just in case the podcast caused anyone here to want to see more things that Adam Savage has done besides Mythbusters, I found an interesting keynote he gave on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRAWYjFmFII&feature=related

The first bit is about his obsessions and how he sculpted his own Dodo Bird skeleton, and made a model of the maltese falcon from the movie. The Q&A after that is good as well. He seems like a cool dude.

What is weird is that Ryan intentionally mispronounces things all the time just to be different or something.

Like "robutt" instead of "robot".

Yeah, but Will was saying it wrong and did not know it. Still, had me laughing so damn hard. Even now that I have heard that clip several times, I laugh.

eznark

Banned
Will said he has been using a keyboard with his ipad a lot recently. anyone know which he uses? I'm thinking of upgrading my ipad to the new one and will be in the market for a keyboard case potentially.

Top Bottom