• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
when does the new week's podcast typically get posted?

bionic77

Anyone here use the Verizon 4G hotspot? I am thinking of paying the full price for the hotspot and then paying the $50/month for the 5 gigs or whatever instead on getting a plan. It will be for work so I will be reimbursed but can I just walk into a Verizon store and do this? Any recommendations on hardware? How long does it take to get the signal and what is battery life like?

I didn't want to make another thread and thought of posting this in the Tested thread because they inspired me to go to Verizon for my hotspot needs.

AngryMoth

Haha, when I read "2 special guests" I was sure it would be Jamie and Adam. No offence to the 2 guys but it was a bit of a let down :p

Chuck

Still without luck
Here is the new episode of This Is Only a Test!

iNLX3J60EV0n7.png

EPISODE 121 - TWO VERY SPECIAL GUESTS - 5/17/2012

On this week's episode, Matt makes a Canadian joke, Wes gets lazy, and Norm admires strawberries. All that plus Microsoft's Signature, Verizon ditches unlimited data, Comcast raises its download limits, the latest on SNES emulation, Will and Norm visit Adam's workshop and another episode of fake outtakes.

Anyone here use the Verizon 4G hotspot? I am thinking of paying the full price for the hotspot and then paying the $50/month for the 5 gigs or whatever instead on getting a plan. It will be for work so I will be reimbursed but can I just walk into a Verizon store and do this? Any recommendations on hardware? How long does it take to get the signal and what is battery life like?

I didn't want to make another thread and thought of posting this in the Tested thread because they inspired me to go to Verizon for my hotspot needs.

For what it's worth the giantbomb guys love the Verizon hotspot.

Chuck

Still without luck
Finally got around to listening to the show after this weeks Bombcast. Norm is now talking about Apple rumors which is still the worst part of the entire show by far. Good to hear Matt and Wes are on. For a second I thought 'you know who' were going to be on when they said "two special guests", but glad it turned out my assumption was wrong. :p

Ozone

I'm patiently waiting for a podcast with Jamie, Adam, and Gary. I just want to see how those guys react to Gary being Gary.

willsmith

For what it's worth the giantbomb guys love the Verizon hotspot.

I haven't tested both, but the general consensus is that the Mi-Fi is better than the Samsung. We bought the MiFi and it's rad. I occasionally flip on the hotspot on my iPad, but not particularly often.

newjeruse

The backtracking on the 4+ inch screen size has begun. I called that a couple months ago. Give it a few more months and they'll be fully on board.

kadotsu

Banned
Listening to this episode of the podcast made me realize a recurring problem I have with test discussions. Often a device will be discussed for 5-10 minutes and I, having only a mild interest in phones, cameras etc will forget the name of said device during the discussion. I would greatly appreciate if you used the device name more often than just calling a phone/camera "it", especially at the end of a discussion when you give the thumbs up/down.

Other than that I have to say that I enjoy your new original content as much if not more than your WM content.

ArjanN

Family business.

Really enjoyed the emulation discussion. Didn't know ZSnes was technically not the way to go.

It should be noted that emulators like ZSnes are perfectly fine if you just want to play the games and often even better for just that.

The emulators going for perfect emulation are more for people who are super serial about achiving games.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk

I bought a used MiFi off Craigslist and will activate it in a couple weeks for my mega roadtrip across the US. I just need one month of service and will resell the MiFi afterwards. From what I've been told, Verizon will happily activate used hotspots for you but I'll find out soon

bionic77

Size increase is the only way I'll buy a new iphone. Screen is too damn small.
I prefer the small size 90% of the time.

There are time when I am writing a long email or trying to browse the web where I wish the screen was bigger, but most of the time I appreciate the smaller form factor.

If they go to the bigger size I hope that they give us an option of the smaller screen as well. I am fully aware that Apple will never give us that option. :(

Poyunch

I didn't know amphibious boats were called Ducks. Until Will cleared it up, I thought Norm was on one of those paddle boats.

VG69r.jpg

bionic77

I bought a used MiFi off Craigslist and will activate it in a couple weeks for my mega roadtrip across the US. I just need one month of service and will resell the MiFi afterwards. From what I've been told, Verizon will happily activate used hotspots for you but I'll find out soon
I am guessing you just need a new SIM and I think you are right that they will happily activate it. You just sign up for the monthly plan.

I got mine tonight and it is pretty magical.

Glad they're talking about their website, tested mobile sucks major balls now. Yes it's more work but a better experience.

Listen to the giantbomb redesign video.

Megasoum

Banned
The Canadian bloke this week is really cool. I like him.

Ship him down and you have a good permanent replacement for Whitta there.

Matt Braga has been with tested since the beginning... Well until Adam and Jamie took over. He was writing articles regularly and he's been on every CES podcasts so far.

He sounds like a really cool guy and he's always been intersting. And well, as a fellow Canadian I must say I approve hehe.

Top Bottom