• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

G-Pink

I had to rewind the Google cafeteria part of the podcast a couple times. Laughing so hard at "The omelette chef has been sent home."

eznark

Banned
Can you give it a rest already?

I kinda like that he's constantly negative about Will being constantly negative.

INCEPTION

Excuse me for pursuing happyness. Once Upon a Time the conversations were allowed to go a where The Day Takes You. Now, Will treats every tech topic like an Enemy of the State. It's time Gary and Norm declare their independence day and get back to the free form, wild wild west nature that made this show great. Am I a bad boy for wanting to know about more about Windows Phone 8? Will you demand seven pounds of flesh should I request some google talk? Nexus Q is entirely Made In Amerca, that's a topic I think would Blossom if Will Smith would just let it. Sheesh I guess I'll stop complaining before the men in black show up to hitch me in cuffs and send me to gitmo with some dude named Ali.

Megasoum

Banned
Excuse me for pursuing happyness. Once Upon a Time the conversations were allowed to go a where The Day Takes You. Now, Will treats every tech topic like an Enemy of the State. It's time Gary and Norm declare their independence day and get back to the free form, wild wild west nature that made this show great. Am I a bad boy for wanting to know about more about Windows Phone 8? Will you demand seven pounds of flesh should I request some google talk? Nexus Q is entirely Made In Amerca, that's a topic I think would Blossom if Will Smith would just let it. Sheesh I guess I'll stop complaining before the men in black show up to hitch me in cuffs and send me to gitmo with some dude named Ali.

You are my hero...scratch that, my new god.

Jintor

I'm crying

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

After hearing today's podcast I really don't get this comment, if it's unsarcastic.

eznark

Banned
Just getting to the Surface talk but so far this is a fantastic show. The past three weeks kind of show that this needs to be a tech show first and foremost. It's great to have the other stuff when there isn't tech news but man, these guys absolutely light up when we get to tech.

eznark

Banned
Trying to watch Girls after listening to that podcast. What a terrible opening scene. I'm supposed to feel sorry for someone because their parents cut them off.....two years after they graduated?

Please enlighten me. I shut it off not far into the episode.

It is about a twenty-something making mistakes and figuring out how to survive on her own. Being cut off was crucial because acts as the push that forces everything else to happen.

If you are looking for a story where you agree with everything the main character is doing and you genuinely feel sorry for her when bad things happen, then you are watching the wrong show. Life isn't like that, and this show isn't either. She is regularly bitchy and selfish, and the things that she does hurt those around her that may care for her. Almost all of the characters do it to some degree, but Hannah(the main character) does it way more than anyone else...

eznark

Banned
It is about a twenty-something making mistakes and figuring out how to survive on her own. Being cut off was crucial because acts as the push that forces everything else to happen.

If you are looking for a story where you agree with everything the main character is doing and you genuinely feel sorry for her when bad things happen, then you are watching the wrong show. Life isn't like that, and this show isn't either. She is regularly bitchy and selfish, and the things that she does hurt those around her that may care for her. Almost all of the characters do it to some degree, but Hannah(the main character) does it way more than anyone else...

Oh good, then I didn't miss the point.

Oh good, then I didn't miss the point.

It seems you did, because you indicated that you thought that you were supposed to feel sorry for her. You aren't. There is a difference between feeling sorry for someone and understanding them. You aren't supposed to feel sorry for her, but I am sure that some part of you can understand what it is like to be twenty-something and completely clueless about how to live on your own.

eznark

Banned
It seems you did, because you indicated that you thought that you were supposed to feel sorry for her. You aren't. There is a difference between feeling sorry for someone and understanding them. You aren't supposed to feel sorry for her, but I am sure that some part of you can understand what it is like to be twenty-something and completely clueless about how to live on your own.

Yeah, I more meant empathize than feel sorry for. And no, I can't. She seems to be everything that is despicable about her generation, and they captured that in one scene. I cannot at all understand the mindset of a person who is so coddled and wholly incapable of fending for themselves in their early twenties. Leaching off your parents is one thing, begging them to pay you way while you "find yourself," I guess I can sort of see how someone could delude themselves into thinking that's an acceptable life to live. Getting pissed off when they decide that they are no longer going to pay for you to be a God damned dead beat? That I cannot even begin to fathom. That is a nauseating level of entitlement that, thank Christ, I don't understand even a little bit.

Yeah, I more meant empathize than feel sorry for. And no, I can't. She seems to be everything that is despicable about her generation, and they captured that in one scene. I cannot at all understand the mindset of a person who is so coddled and wholly incapable of fending for themselves in their early twenties. Leaching off your parents is one thing, begging them to pay you way while you "find yourself," I guess I can sort of see how someone could delude themselves into thinking that's an acceptable life to live. Getting pissed off when they decide that they are no longer going to pay for you to be a God damned dead beat? That I cannot even begin to fathom. That is a nauseating level of entitlement that, thank Christ, I don't understand even a little bit.

The show is literally about how she finds her way out of that... It isn't in support of it.

No decent audio equipment here, but i do wonder, i know game sites do have a 'game library' to throw games in. But what do tech sites do with all the gadgets/gizmos/laptops/phones they got for free and/or bought?

Return them, sell them, give to friends?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
eznark
I like fat dudes.
I like board games.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
No decent audio equipment here, but i do wonder, i know game sites do have a 'game library' to throw games in. But what do tech sites do with all the gadgets/gizmos/laptops/phones they got for free and/or bought?

Return them, sell them, give to friends?

Lots of the "freebies" are just loaners.

bionic77

eznark
I dislike worthless dead beats
I dislike these damn kids who won't get off my lawn
This is so tempting but I won't cross the streams with tested and the NFL thread. For one it shows poor form and for another no one will know wtf the NFL is.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I enjoyed this weeks podcast. Will seemed a little bit more laid back this week.

I listened to it over the course of a few days to get me to sleep. Laying in bed with headphones on I had a few weird Tested-related dreams, that's for sure. Haha.

big_z

this has probably been asked before but on one of the E3 bombcasts ryan mentions wills real name isnt will smith. i'm guessing he's one of those people that go by their middle name. has he every said what his actual name is? if he's named after a type of tree i can understand his reasoning behind the switch.

How to Properly Light a Charcoal Grill (7:00)

The banter in this video cracks me up.

Also i believe this is now appropriate to post:

ibpmBTk4gYpXHU.gif

Top Bottom