• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

Veelk

Banned
Continuity error. In the episode, Trunks hears the scream and addresses it, while in the movie he ignores it and the conversation is different.

DBZAbridged is ruined forever.

Frog-fu

Banned
That was fantastic. I honestly would've loved a more serious spin on this because the promo they made was sooooo good (especially the bit where Gohan tells Trunks how his anger simply explodes), but this being TFS and all, it was bound to be humorous, and it was, but I think they did a great job at nailing the more dramatic scenes whilst maintaining an overall comedic tone. This is probably their best work yet.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
That was fantastic. I honestly would've loved a more serious spin on this because the promo they made was sooooo good (especially the bit where Gohan tells Trunks how his anger simply explodes), but this being TFS and all, it was bound to be humorous, and it was, but I think they did a great job at nailing the more dramatic scenes whilst maintaining an overall comedic tone. This is probably their best work yet.

If they get too close to the source material, I'd imagine it's a little harder to defend their work on the grounds of fair use and parody.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I couldn't catch some of the dialogue at the beginning - What were Trunks' first (and second) words? And what did Krillin say before he went "OH GOD MY EYES!" when he was killed? Thought I made out something that sounded like he was hitting on 18 but he was speaking too fast.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I couldn't catch some of the dialogue at the beginning - What were Trunks' first (and second) words? And what did Krillin say before he went "OH GOD MY EYES!" when he was killed? Thought I made out something that sounded like he was hitting on 18 but he was speaking too fast.

Krillin was trying to hit on 18.
"Hey girl how you do-" *zap* MY EYES!"

As for Trunks first words, it sounded like "Dad Dead" and "Son Bitch"

GaimeGuy

It's kind of weird how the timeline shenanigans work in DBZ in the first place.

Timeline A: Goku kills Frieza and King Cold and dies of a heart illness ~1-1.5 years later. The androids kill everyone else. Bulma builds a time machine which Trunks uses. Trunks jumps to another timeline (timeline C). Trunks returns from timeline C and defeats Androids 17, 18, and later, Cell.

Timeline B: Goku kills Frieza and King Cold and dies of a heart illness ~1-1.5 years later. The androids kill everyone else. Bulma builds a time machine which Trunks uses. Trunks jumps to another timeline (timeline D). Trunks returns from timeline D and de-activates Androids 17 and 18. Trunks prepares to go back and tell everyone, but before he can, Cell kills Trunks, steals the time machine, and travels to timeline C, arriving probably somewhere around Vegeta and Nappa's arrival.

Timeline C: The main Z timeline. A year before Frieza and King Cold come to earth, Cell from timeline B arrives, hibernating. Trunks from timeline A arrives and defeats frieza and king cold and gives goku the antidote. Goku doesn't fall ill until 3 years later. androids 19 and 20 attack the island, then androids 17, 18, and 16 are activated. 17 and 18 are way stronger than those from Timeline A. Cell from timeline B absorbs the androids, Cell from timeline C is destroyed along with Gero's secret lab by krillin and trunks. Cell from timeline B is defeated by Gohan.

Timeline D: A hidden timeline, mostly shrouded in mystery. All that's known is that Trunks from timeline B warns everyone of the androids and provides goku with an antidote for his illness. Somehow the Z fighters find a way to deactivate the androids, Trunks travels back to timeline B now knowing how the androids of his own timeline can be defeated (perhaps the plans were not in the secret lab in this timeline, but the main one?). Gero's secret lab remains undetected, and cell continues to be created as gero's computer watches on for years to come. Fate of the world unknown.

My guess? History of Trunks is timeline A, and Trunks going "Daddy?" and acknowledging vegeta's scream is timeline B :)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It's kind of weird how the timeline shenanigans work in DBZ in the first place.

Timeline A: Goku kills Frieza and King Cold and dies of a heart illness ~1-1.5 years later. The androids kill everyone else. Bulma builds a time machine which Trunks uses. Trunks jumps to another timeline (timeline C). Trunks returns from timeline C and defeats Androids 17, 18, and later, Cell.

Timeline B: Goku kills Frieza and King Cold and dies of a heart illness ~1-1.5 years later. The androids kill everyone else. Bulma builds a time machine which Trunks uses. Trunks jumps to another timeline (timeline D). Trunks returns from timeline D and de-activates Androids 17 and 18. Trunks prepares to go back and tell everyone, but before he can, Cell kills Trunks, steals the time machine, and travels to timeline C, arriving probably somewhere around Vegeta and Nappa's arrival.

Timeline C: The main Z timeline. A year before Frieza and King Cold come to earth, Cell from timeline B arrives, hibernating. Trunks from timeline A arrives and defeats frieza and king cold and gives goku the antidote. Goku doesn't fall ill until 3 years later. androids 19 and 20 attack the island, then androids 17, 18, and 16 are activated. 17 and 18 are way stronger than those from Timeline A. Cell from timeline B absorbs the androids, Cell from timeline C is destroyed along with Gero's secret lab by krillin and trunks. Cell from timeline B is defeated by Gohan.

Timeline D: A hidden timeline, mostly shrouded in mystery. All that's known is that Trunks from timeline B warns everyone of the androids and provides goku with an antidote for his illness. Somehow the Z fighters find a way to deactivate the androids, Trunks travels back to timeline B now knowing how the androids of his own timeline can be defeated (perhaps the plans were not in the secret lab in this timeline, but the main one?). Gero's secret lab remains undetected, and cell continues to be created as gero's computer watches on for years to come. Fate of the world unknown.

My guess? History of Trunks is timeline A, and Trunks going "Daddy?" and acknowledging vegeta's scream is timeline B :)

And then throw in how he gets his sword, the various OVA/movie specials, and DB Online/Xenoverse. ;P

GaimeGuy

His scream was so loud it ripped through the multiverse.

No, the scream still occurred in both timelines A and B.

... Actually, I like your theory better :)

Fuck it, combine the two - every vegeta screams, and they all rip through the multiverse

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Just finished watching history of trunks abridged and came to the sudden realization that I ship future gohan with future bulma.

"Aww, my jacket looks good on you. All the girls in the past are just going to love it."

Ho-leeee shit :lol

I think this is definitely their best work by far. Some really, really great music choices, too.

I forgot to ask this when History of Trunks was released but I didn't get the joke about Dr. Briefs...

Why was he off looking for Fake Namek all those years?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
And then throw in how he gets his sword, the various OVA/movie specials, and DB Online/Xenoverse. ;P

Speaking of the sword, it just occurred to me. The origin of it wasn't revealed until movie 13 came out and that was well after the Cell saga finished. Toriyama, as far as I know, had nothing to do with the movies. So that being the case, what the hell was Toriyama thinking giving Trunks a sword to begin with?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Speaking of the sword, it just occurred to me. The origin of it wasn't revealed until movie 13 came out and that was well after the Cell saga finished. Toriyama, as far as I know, had nothing to do with the movies. So that being the case, what the hell was Toriyama thinking giving Trunks a sword to begin with?

It looked cool?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sure, but it also killed Frieza and King Cold. So clearly it's a special sword, but one that Toriyama didn't bother to explain.

Why does this surprise you? He's come out and said he played the story week by week with little to no larger plan, he probably figured the sword was cool and forgot to explain it later.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Sure, but it also killed Frieza and King Cold. So clearly it's a special sword, but one that Toriyama didn't bother to explain.

but it really wasn't though as King Cold's death shows.

eh it was just a badass accessory that had the benefit of showing how far out of the league Frieza and crew were to him

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
"Ah, excuse me, has anybody seen my arm? You can't miss it, it's green!"

I just started rewatching DBZ and discovered that this was an actual line from the dubs. Not just a joke TFS threw in. Aside from this, Piccolo chanting to himself, and "all of them?" are there any lines in DBZ Abridged that are taken verbatim from the show?

zeemumu

This is the creepiest Android 18 thing I've seen in a while.
tumblr_nm96bzfMRz1u38l26o1_500.jpg

Top Bottom