• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I like their explanations for the Androids heel turn and why they stuck around to get absorbed. Oh, and why Yamcha doesn't participate lol.

So short, so awesome, and such a long wait until the next.

The full rewatch of a season is always amazing. I feel like I've just been waiting for Satan to show up for the last 5-6 episodes. I like them constantly toughing on how stupid it is that every just stays around watching.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The full rewatch of a season is always amazing. I feel like I've just been waiting for Satan to show up for the last 5-6 episodes. I like them constantly toughing on how stupid it is that every just stays around watching.

Satan doesn't show up until the Cell Games, dude.

Savitar

Makes me wonder how Satan will be played. Comedy character as in the show or totally as a straight man who gets bitch slapped around and befuddled at what he's seeing.

Makes me wonder how Satan will be played. Comedy character as in the show or totally as a straight man who gets bitch slapped around and befuddled at what he's seeing.

Check out their Xenoverse Let's Play and you get a taste of what they have in mind.

Hail Satan!

Neoxon

Man the writing nowadays is clever enough that I can forgive the general lack of jokes.

Also, sorry but Kaiser's edits were way too noticeable this episode.
I prefer just clever writing rather than forced jokes. If they add jokes, I want them to feel natural. Glad TFS realizes this.

Fantastic episode overall,
Android 16 was the real MVP.

Sheroking

Didn't even recognize that they've been referring to 17 and 18 and "cyborgs" and 16 as an "android" until Cell couldn't absorb anything from him. That's a brilliant small touch.

Stuart444

For an episode that doesn't have many 'jokes', I laughed quite a bit at the episode.

The Excuse for 16 fighting was great. as was the whole "Let's not kill anyone, even Son Goku" "Let's not go crazy" (or something)/

Basically, great episode, great writing, I want the next episode now :(

Also that final bonus bit was good. Imp Cell evolution!

Another good episode, but there was a huge missed opportunity for a Jojo reference in one scene.

Piccolo: "Bastard...How many people did you drink to get that power?!?"

Cell: "Do you remember how much water you've drank in your life?"

Piccolo: "!!!!!"

But the "...enough" is good too.

ZealousD

Android 16: "Yes, but I like you"
Android 18: "Awwww..."

I don't know why but this cracked me up almost as much as anything else in episode.

MechaX

This episode had no jokes, but god damn was it still spectacular.

I guess that has a lot to do with how talented these folks are.

orochi91

This new episode and the History of Trunks episode were very light on the jokes.

They're still good, but it sounded like a proper dub instead of a comedic abridged show.

Not sure how I feel about this new direction they're taking the series.

To be fair there weren't a lot of opportunities for jokes in History of Trunks and this episodes, considering the lack of the usual gag characters. (Vegeta, Goku, Krillin, etc.)

I like it, it's a nice change of pace, and I bet the series is gonna go back with the jokes HARD now that Super Vegeta is about to show up. (Should be next ep?)

This new episode and the History of Trunks episode were very light on the jokes.

They're still good, but it sounded like a proper dub instead of a comedic abridged show.

It may just be because the source doesn't have a lot of joke material. They had to really reach to get some humor out of history of trunks and this episode at least had the "cell is a pervert" thing to fall back on.

Super Vegeta and Trunks are coming up, as well as Goku an gohan's time chamber trying. I'm expecting some good jokes out of those.

Cromat

Android 16 was great in this episode. I love how he loses it whenever anyone talks about killing Goku: "Care to repeat that you son of a bitch?"

Sheroking

I know exactly how I feel about it: Love.

The show is still making me laugh, it's just also WAY smarter and layering the characters to a degree that, frankly, exceeds the source material. I said a couple months ago that I thought TFS was basically just an alternate dub now and I couldn't be happier about it.

I honestly want them to redo the saiyan saga because Nappa aside it's a bit painful going back to it after how good the series has gotten now. Had to convince some people to stick with the series until Nappa. :x

Namek saga is fair I think, especially Ginyu onwards. Still think the Frieza episodes are the peak of the series but damn I could easily see them outdoing themselves with the Cell games. (Mostly because of Mr Satan but ykno)

AniHawk

I honestly want them to redo the saiyan saga because Nappa aside it's a bit painful going back to it after how good the series has gotten now. Had to convince some people to stick with the series until Nappa. :x

Namek saga is fair I think, especially Ginyu onwards. Still think the Frieza episodes are the peak of the series but damn I could easily see them outdoing themselves with the Cell games. (Mostly because of Mr Satan but ykno)

episode 5 is really where it takes off.

welcome to ooooooooz, bitch!

i believe it's also the starting of 'dodge'

ZealousD

Don't understand the idea that there weren't many jokes in this episode. Felt like there were plenty. Are you guys thinking there needs to be a bunch of Family Guy-esque cutaways or something?

Top Bottom