• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

Stuart444

Fantastic episode. The Doctor Who references were great
(the credits and the music during the scene with Trunks/Gohan)
. I love what they did with Adult Gohan. Speaking of, why didn't Piccolo
teach Gohan the Special Beam Cannon?

The Dodge thing was great as well and it was nice to see what Android 17 did in at the end of the Buu saga getting a mention in this alt timeline.

All in all, this was a great special. Can't wait to see Adult Gohan and how he is in the main timeline.

Keasar

I recently started watching the entire Abridged series for the first time and just now ended all available material with the Trunks History episode.

Loving it all so far.

TFS Vegeta should be canon in all DragonBall.
"So what, you thinking having a dad who is Super Saiyan makes you better than me!?"
"Nooooo!"
"Wrong answer!" *keeps punching*
Every time he shows up I get a little happier.

Stuart444

I didn't notice until someone else pointed it out but at about 18:10+, you hear
Vegeta screaming
. Fantastic callback haha.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So what special/movie would be next? The Android 13 movie, the first Broly movie, and that Eradicate the Super Saiyans OVA would all be around this point in the timeline. I'm guessing Bojack would be done for the post-Cell/pre-Buu transition.

So what special/movie would be next? The Android 13 movie, the first Broly movie, and that Eradicate the Super Saiyans OVA would all be around this point in the timeline. I'm guessing Bojack would be done for the post-Cell/pre-Buu transition.

Odds on them keeping BoJack's voice the same? lol

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Odds on them keeping BoJack's voice the same? lol

Impossible.
Bojack was played by Vegeta3986, who is no longer on the show. That's why he hasn't been heard during the King Kai scenes lately.

All his other characters (Yamcha, Kami, Raditz) got replaced so I imagine they'll replace Bojack when they get to his movie.

Impossible.
Bojack was played by Vegeta3986, who is no longer on the show. That's why he hasn't been heard during the King Kai scenes lately.

All his other characters (Yamcha, Kami, Raditz) got replaced so I imagine they'll replace Bojack when they get to his movie.

What happened to Vegeta3986 anyway? I heard there was a big blowup somewhere but I don't know the details.

Impossible.

Well it's not like they couldn't just replace the actor and still have him do the stereotypical pirate voice.

Turin

Banned
Poor chi-chi, on the plus side she gets want she wanted in the other timeline :p

Indeed.....

tumblr_inline_moerls5MFf1qz4rgp.jpg

What happened to Vegeta3986 anyway? I heard there was a big blowup somewhere but I don't know the details.

According to Kaiser's tumblr

Let me lay it down.
Vegeta3986 is a good guy. He’s actually a smart dude, works hard, and I think he’ll do well in life.
He was, however, not very good at what I needed him to be good at. Primarily? Voice acting. Also, he was not available as much as I needed him.
So, after over a year of working with him and trying to work things out… I ultimately told him that we needed to move on. I didn’t want to disrespect him, but I put in 60-80 hours of my time into each episode. I need my actors to give me quality performances and not make my life and work harder.
I was sad to cut him off, but ultimately… it was the right decision for the production. He and I were barely friends at the time, so while it’s unfortunate, it had to happen.

Stuart444

To be fair, they made the right decision replacing Vegeta3986 imo. All the voices that got replaced sound much better overall. I do miss Bojack though :(.

Toxi

Banned
Hilarious episode. As said before, Bulma was at her best; I also burst out laughing at the Vegeta flashback, because holy shit I love DBZ Abridged Vegeta.

Dez_

Man, the whole thing was awesome! I nearly forgot the History of Trunks was one of my favorite side stories, too.

On that note, I completely don't remember that when that scene happened with Vegeta punching Gohan in the face like that. When did that happen?

Man, the whole thing was awesome! I nearly forgot the History of Trunks was one of my favorite side stories, too.

On that note, I completely don't remember that when that scene happened with Vegeta punching Gohan in the face like that. When did that happen?

Right after everyone got teleported to Earth from Namek and thought Goku was dead, Vegeta was talking about how he was the strongest in the universe. This pissed off gohan and they fought. It did not go great for gohan.

Top Bottom