• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

So it looks like you can select TFS Nappa's voice for your character in DBZ Xenoverse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKWxRtn5-Yg#t=1067

SPACE AUSTRALIA

Oh god I'm going to buy a Dragonball game.

There is a first for everything. The only thing that would be even better would be having mr Popo and Vegeta in their abridged versions.

It's also to see a fan work have this much influence on a product / IP though. Well done, TFS. :D

Oh god I'm going to buy a Dragonball game.

There is a first for everything. The only thing that would be even better would be having mr Popo and Vegeta in their abridged versions.

It's also to see a fan work have this much influence on a product / IP though. Well done, TFS. :D
It probably helps that Chris Sabat is a fan TFS and dragon ball abridged and his studio okatron 5000 does the dub for the series and games I believe.

sibarraz

Banned
The story of Trunks must be the darkest movie of the whole series, will be hard to do funny segments there

I love that movie, must be my favorite movie from dbz, or heck, even anime

FootballFan

So it looks like you can select TFS Nappa's voice for your character in DBZ Xenoverse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKWxRtn5-Yg#t=1067

SPACE AUSTRALIA

Haha heard about this yesterday so I came in to check if it has been posted. Hilarious.

Preordered the game long ago, this just makes me happier I did lol.

Btw for those not aware, Xenoverse is actually looking like a really solid new DBZ game.

The story of Trunks must be the darkest movie of the whole series, will be hard to do funny segments there

I love that movie, must be my favorite movie from dbz, or heck, even anime

Yeah it is a great special. My favourite along with Bardock: Father of Goku

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Update newsbit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N1umUQb4JY

They hope to get History of Trunks "as soon as possible," which has been delayed due to numerous people getting sick over various points in time. Ep 47 script is done and writing for 48 is starting up.

Also, randomly saw this:

EmbellishedRelievedAfricanrockpython.gif

lol

Damn you Gohan for getting Videl to cut her hair. :p

Stuart444

So I was playing DB Xenoverse the other day, at the Buu Saga with Vegeta doing his big speech to earth for the Spirit Bomb and it got me thinking...

How will TFS handle these scenes. In the original Vegeta realizes how much better Goku is than him with a pretty big inner monologue while Goku is fighting Kid Buu but they have set up Vegeta in TFS as a guy who is not likely going to admit something like this.

And on a similar note for Vegeta: How will they handle the bit with Trunks/Vegeta in the Cell Games when Vegeta gets all angry and tries to kill Cell for what he did.

That one we'll find out pretty soon compared to the Kid Buu one at least.

They did handle the Kami/Piccolo thing pretty damned good though so I have high hopes for a lot of these scenes.

XiaNaphryz

So I was playing DB Xenoverse the other day, at the Buu Saga with Vegeta doing his big speech to earth for the Spirit Bomb and it got me thinking...

How will TFS handle these scenes. In the original Vegeta realizes how much better Goku is than him with a pretty big inner monologue while Goku is fighting Kid Buu but they have set up Vegeta in TFS as a guy who is not likely going to admit something like this.

I'm guessing he'll threaten Earth or Mr. Satan somehow...intimidation route would be TFS Vegeta's style after all.

Sciz

The Buu saga in general is going to be difficult for them, I think. The whole thing is already incredibly silly by design.

The Buu saga in general is going to be difficult for them, I think. The whole thing is already incredibly silly by design.
Everything will be worth it after years upon years of building up the DOOODGE joke, where Gohan instinctively dodges the earring.

XiaNaphryz

Everything will be worth it after years upon years of building up the DOOODGE joke, where Gohan instinctively dodges the earring.

Which will be even more amusing considering how he doesn't dodge in the baseball thing at the beginning of the saga.

McNum

Which will be even more amusing considering how he doesn't dodge in the baseball thing at the beginning of the saga.
Abridged socially awkward high school Gohan will be amazing. Great Saiyaman included.

But before we get to that, we get Mr. Satan. I am so looking forward to their take on him. An ego as big as Abridged Vegeta's, and no way to ever back that up. And that's the canon Mr. Satan! At least by the Cell Games.

munchie64

Abridged socially awkward high school Gohan will be amazing. Great Saiyaman included.

But before we get to that, we get Mr. Satan. I am so looking forward to their take on him. An ego as big as Abridged Vegeta's, and no way to ever back that up. And that's the canon Mr. Satan! At least by the Cell Games.
Is his first appearance in the actual Cell Games? That seems so far away D:

McNum

Is his first appearance in the actual Cell Games? That seems so far away D:
Yeah. I think it's in the lead-up to it, but he's there with the camera crew during the fights.

So, we just had Cell show up and interrupt the 17 vs. Piccolo fight, so we'll likely see
17 eaten next episode. Then Vegeta has to mess things up, 18 will be eaten, Vegeta getting throughly humiliated.... again, Goku and Gohan have to do their Hyperbolic Time Chamber training with Gohan going Super Saiyan for the first time, and then we're at the Cell Games.

And yeah, I just spoiler tagged the DBZ story. Just in case.

Next episodes are probably:

Cell absorbs 17, Tien tries to hold off Cell.
Vegeta kicks Cells ass, 18 gets absorbed.
Cell beats Vegeta and Trunks, announces Cell games.

I think after those we'll get a movie of either Super Android 13 or Broly.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Next episodes are probably:

Cell absorbs 17, Tien tries to hold off Cell.
Vegeta kicks Cells ass, 18 gets absorbed.
Cell beats Vegeta and Trunks, announces Cell games.

I think after those we'll get a movie of either Super Android 13 or Broly.

They haven't been going through the series near that fast. They've generally been abridging 2-3 DBZ episodes per DBZA episode. Cell's second form up until the announcement of the Cell games is 13 episodes.

Top Bottom