• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS: Grandia Online in development!

Scott

jarrod said:
Wonder if the rumors of them working on Xbox are at all likely now that they've escaped Square Enix?
They aren't rumors, they're developing a Gun Griffon title for the XBox as we speak.

jarrod

Banned
Scott said:
They aren't rumors, they're developing a Gun Griffon title for the XBox as we speak.
Nope, that's being outsourced to Kama Digital in Korea (with Tecmo publishing in everywhere else). GameArts only signed over the IP (like they did with the various 32bit Lunar remakes to Kadowkawa Shoten/Jam or Lunar GBA to MediaRings).

Scott

Are you sure about that? Everywhere I see gives GameArts development credit, even when Kama Digital Entertainment is mentioned:
"We're excited to take on the GunGriffon series that is known for its distinctive style and high quality. To make the upcoming version of GunGriffon even better than the previous installments, Tecmo's own development team is hard at work with the talented development teams of Game Arts and Kama Digital Entertainment as we speak," said John Inada, Tecmo's general manager.
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/gungriffon/news_6096689.html

GameArts' development staff is involved in the development of the title, which sounds more like a joint project than an IP outsourcing to me.

jarrod

Banned
GameArts might still be involved in some advisory fashion, but the game's being made primarily in Korea by Kama Digital. Most people still assume GA did the various Lunar remakes themselves when in fact they just oversaw the projects at most...

WarPig

jarrod said:
GameArts might still be involved in some advisory fashion, but the game's being made primarily in Korea by Kama Digital. Most people still assume GA did the various Lunar remakes themselves when in fact they just oversaw the projects at most...

The producer I interviewed at E3 was a Game Arts guy, Masato Dobashi (nice guy -- he got a big laugh out of my Amphibious Mobile Suit shirt). As for who's doing the legwork, who knows, but it's Game Arts bossing the project.

DFS.

Top Bottom