• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2010 Academy Awards of Something Something

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope The Hurt Locker doesn't win best picture. It would be worse than when Crash won. Not that IB or Avatar are all that great, but Hurt Locker is as undeserving the best picture Oscar as any movie I can ever remember being considered for it.

All of the animated nominees deserved the award.

That said, Up is one of the most emotionally powerful movies I have EVER seen, bar none. The opening montage, Dug, lighting the house on fire, how Elle always seemed present as a character, the scrapbook, the chairs on the waterfall...

harSon

Banned
Another undeserving nomination. I agree with whoever said that this was the wrong year to widen the amount of nominations for best picture.

noisome07

Banned
harSon said:
Another undeserving nomination. I agree with whoever said that this was the wrong year to widen the amount of nominations for best picture.

Why not just sum up your posts and say everything is undeserving this year? You're only gonna say the same thing after every movie is shown.

It's nice to see the nod for District 9, even though it isn't going to win a God Damn Thing with Avatar in the way.

D9 was a way better film than Avatar, but I wouldn't want to see all that Peter Jackson signature gooeyness in 3D. *retch*

Archaix said:
People are bitching about Pixar getting the award, but aside from this year (When there are just a very, very solid group of nominees) the Pixar movie was unquestionably the best nominee each time they've won. And one of the times they lost. Seriously, Shrek?
Mostly agreed.

The original Shrek was good, but Happy Feet? Nah, bro.
For Animation and production values alone Cars should have won.

But I think Pixar bitching in general is justified, their last 3 films have all been "Best Picture" worthy.

Takao

Banned
LeoStenbuck said:
You're right. It was released 08 in Japan.

Edit: NVM person above says otherwise.

It was released in Japan in 2008, the Academy notes the US release as it's official release date for contention. It was released in August 2009 here, so it counts.

Gotta give a shout-out to T-Bone Burnett, who is one of the most brilliant musicians and producers in the business. Totally deserved the award.

pringles

noisome07 said:
Why not just sum up your posts and say everything is undeserving this year? You're only gonna say the same thing after every movie is shown.
This.

Some people just have to complain about EVERYTHING. I get the sense that some people choose one movie that they like, such as Avatar or Inglorious Bastards, and they choose to hate everything else. It's like console fanboys, only it makes less sense since they're one-movie fanboys.

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
No it's not.

Randy_Newman-Sail_Away_%28album_cover%29.jpg

Sanjuro

This is getting me excited for this year already. This year has so many great directors with films ready to go. I can't wait. Goddam.

Koodo

Banned
harSon said:
Spirited Away won in 2002 over Finding Nemo! There's probably been something since then but I don't know off the top of my head.
Hm? Spirited Away did indeed win in 2002, but Finding Nemo won as well - in 2003.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I <3 Memes said:
I hope The Hurt Locker doesn't win best picture. It would be worse than when Crash won. Not that IB or Avatar are all that great, but Hurt Locker is as undeserving the best picture Oscar as any movie I can ever remember being considered for it.

You are the first person I have ever seen say anything even remotely negative about this movie.

Ahh! Didn't realize Randy Newman had so many fans, well 3 so far.

His songs give me diarrhea, and not in a good way.

Tobor said:
Still pissed about "Short People", Mr. Sawed Off?

Yes, and his "I Love LA" song makes me mute part of the Naked Gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom