• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2010 Academy Awards of Something Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizword

Banned
LQX said:
That's it for Hurt Locker (and Precious). Them winning awards already pretty much signals neither is getting best picture.
This isn't ign. Where best xbox 360/best playstation 3 game wins the award. ANd then suddenly a multiplat always wins game of the year. I would imagine if avatar doesn't win any awards it won't win best picture.

Charmicarmicat said:
Seconded *high five*

nmavig.jpg

Takao

Banned
UltimaPooh said:
Don't get me wrong, Transformers was a terrible, terrible, terrible film but it totally deserved that last sound category.

The Academy hates Bay, Science Fiction, and the idea that you can create a narrative based on a toy. The Transformers movies were nominated for three Oscars (all technical), and has lost each of them to a non sci-fi movie. Part of me really hopes that Bay makes a master piece with TF3 just so that they can't just pretend it doesn't exist.

LM4sure

Banned
DeathbyVolcano said:
I would be thrilled if Inglorious Basterds runs away with the Oscar. But it won't. :'(

Uhhh yeah! I'd be happy if Up won for best picture...or any other film other than The Hurt Locker or Avatar.

ckohler

Cameron is probably pissed that he's only getting mentions for his high tech contributions and not his film's acting and/or story.

Not that I don't blame everyone for it.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
wizword said:
This isn't ign. Where best xbox 360/best playstation 3 game wins the award. ANd then suddenly a multiplat always wins game of the year. I would imagine if avatar doesn't win any awards it won't win best picture.

It's a lock for best SFX.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Sound is absolutely integral to a war movie, and The Hurt Locker was absolutely deserving of those two awards. I jumped over 30 spots in the pool on that fact alone.

MIMIC

Banned
LQX said:
That's it for Hurt Locker (and Precious). Them winning awards already pretty much signals neither is getting best picture.

If even if neither wins, this still makes no sense.

is anyone else streaming the UK SkyMovies oscar coverage? During commercials they show 2-3 ads then some ridiculous commentary from people in a studio like halftime at sporting event. It's very odd.

gdt

Takao said:
The Academy hates Bay, Science Fiction, and the idea that you can create a narrative based on a toy. The Transformers movies were nominated for three Oscars (all technical), and has lost each of them to a non sci-fi movie. Part of me really hopes that Bay makes a master piece with TF3 just so that they can't just pretend it doesn't exist.
:lol

Takao said:

Wont happen unless another director is at the helm

What made the Transformers movies shine were the animators, sound designers, artists, and the talent behind the transformer voices (baring the twins.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom