• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2010 Academy Awards of Something Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Takao said:
The Academy hates Bay, Science Fiction, and the idea that you can create a narrative based on a toy. The Transformers movies were nominated for three Oscars (all technical), and has lost each of them to a non sci-fi movie. Part of me really hopes that Bay makes a master piece with TF3 just so that they can't just pretend it doesn't exist.

Michael Bay is a talentless hack. His films should not be rewarded in any way.

Two science fiction movies were nominated for best picture.

Transformers is a horrible, horrible movie. Obnoxiously loud shouldn't automatically win the sound categories.

MIMIC

Banned
Avatar: 2 (Art Direction, Cinematography)
The Hurt Locker: 3 (Sound Mixing, Sound Editing, Original Screenplay)
Precious: 2 (Supporting Actress, Adapted Screenplay)

QuadCore

Banned
UltimaPooh said:
Wont happen unless another director is at the helm

What made the Transformers movies shine were the animators, sound designers, artists, and the talent behind the transformer voices (baring the twins.)

Yep. I hate the Transformer movie script, but man, is the special effects, animation, and sound effects are killer. I bought the movie just to hear my whole house rumble from the sound.

Archaix said:
Transformers is a horrible, horrible movie. Obnoxiously loud shouldn't automatically win the sound categories.

Granted the movies were loud but if you actually listen to it, it is some incredibly well done sound.

I don't base my opinions on certain areas of movies because the director of it was trash. I just recognize talent everywhere. I also don't base my thoughts on sound design/editing on how loud it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom