• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2010 Academy Awards of Something Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I'm just kidding, guys :) Cameron is a visionary director and deserves a lot of thanks they get.

Tobor

Gary Whitta said:
One of these days an Oscar producer is going to tell the audience to hold their applause for the end, I hate the way the death montage is like a referendum on who was good/popular based on the applause volume for each.

They tried by including the movies they worked on at the bottom, but it's too fast to catch.

Nameless

Yeah it's always awkward how some people get decent applause and others crickets. How about just observe a moment of silence for everyone.

threenote said:
Dr. No died?

:(
4372487020_c4d152fc40_o.png

That was pretty terrible. Camera focused on the set for the beginning of the montage, making it impossible to read the names, the slides went by way too fast, and then they cut to Taylor before the montage was over.

Fox the Sly

Gary Whitta said:
One of these days an Oscar producer is going to tell the audience to hold their applause for the end, I hate the way the death montage is like a referendum on who was good/popular based on the applause volume for each.

I've been saying that for years.

Aesius

DeathbyVolcano said:
oh cry moar, that was beautiful

edit: you people are fucking crazy. how can one hate james taylor's voice?

his voice wasn't the problem, the awkward phrasing and unnecessary changes he made were.

Takao

Banned
Archaix said:
Michael Bay is a talentless hack. His films should not be rewarded in any way.

Two science fiction movies were nominated for best picture.

Transformers is a horrible, horrible movie. Obnoxiously loud shouldn't automatically win the sound categories.

Good thing I didn't say Bay for best director then, huh? :D

Say what you will about the content of the movies, but their technical aspects are insane. Anyone who can mix Bay's crazy action, with Shia Labeouf, Megan Fox, an orchestral score, and voice actors deserve some recognition.

And until Avatar came out, I'd say the same about the special effects team. But even then, I don't believe ROTF even got nominated.

Unknown Soldier said:
I'm still not sure what Sprint 4G has to do with Nintendo DS local wireless network play.

It's the pocket Wi-Fi thing that connects to the 4G.

So basically:

1. Device connects to 4G.
2. Device sends out WiFi signal.
3. Nintendo DS connects to WiFi signal.
4. ???
5. Profit.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Commercial Notes:

Cindy Crawford will always be gorgeous.

This Chase commercial is giving me big brother vibes.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Tobor said:
They tried by including the movies they worked on at the bottom, but it's too fast to catch.

You've still got the problem of people who have recently passed being applauded solely on how well known they were, or if they worked on well-known films. I agree with Gary. Sit on your hands until the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom