• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2010 Academy Awards of Something Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

2v1vna1.gif

Costanza said:
"A faded country music musician is forced to reassess his dysfunctional life during a doomed romance that also inspires him."

okay I have no interest in this film -_-

It's not that fantastic of a film....other than Jeff's performance. He deserves it, don't worry.

harSon

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
I don't understand this win. It's nothing but a Career award, and everyone in that theater knows it.

It's a good year for it, 2009 was pretty weak for individual performances anyways.

kinggroin said:
I used to think Kate was hot and constantly fantasized about the kind of things I'd do to her if she gave her body to me.

Until i saw The Reader. Now? Fuck that noise.

...the hell? Oscar was worth it. Oscar is worth ANYTHING. :lol

Costanza said:
"A faded country music musician is forced to reassess his dysfunctional life during a doomed romance that also inspires him."

okay I have no interest in this film -_-

It's a great movie. I wasn't sold at first either but somehow having Jeff Bridges up there actually playing and singing all the songs and stuff really made me enjoy it a lot.

WrikaWrek

Banned
harSon said:
It's a good year for it, 2009 was pretty weak for individual performances anyways.

Yeah i agree.

But it pisses me off that a Wrestler "me too" gets an award, while Rourke last year with actually the best performance of the year, didn't-

~Kinggi~

Banned
Jeff Bridges has always gotten my respect. Nice to see him finally get the goods.

Also, married for 33 years in Hollywood is incredible.

Deadly

Why was George Clooney all pissed off today? I'm sure it's been asked in the thread already but there's no more search.

Costanza

Banned
DeathbyVolcano said:
It's not that fantastic of a film....other than Jeff's performance. He deserves it, don't worry.
I'm not really of the opinion that playing something as lame and pointless as a country music singer deserves a "best actor" award.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom