• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevtones

Winners of the four tournaments to square off in the newer F4:

UConn
Wichita State
Oregon
Santa Clara

Not sure UConn wins...

Kevtones

jakncoke said:
lol let me guess you'd have Oregon winning it if that went down :p

Lol - us or Wichita St. We're probably the most illogical team in college basketball history.

Still, it would be a GREAT experiment for all that expansion/contraction chatter.

Sir Pant

Well, I apparently fell asleep during the game, that's how boring it was during the second half. GG UConn, sucks to see Butler choke on the national stage again.

God, what a horrible game.

jjasper

I Push Fat Kids said:
Winners of the four tournaments to square off in the newer F4:

UConn
Wichita State
Oregon
Santa Clara

Not sure UConn wins...

Seriously? UConn would win every game by double digits as would Kentucky.

JB1981

Sir Pant said:
Well, I apparently fell asleep during the game, that's how boring it was during the second half. GG UConn, sucks to see Butler choke on the national stage again.

God, what a horrible game.

Same here. Maybe the worst NCAA title game I've ever seen.

Bowser

Hmm. So Jeff Goodman said on Dan Patrick's radio show this morning that Barnes is gone. Then Marty Tirrell (who originally tweeted Barnes would be back Sunday night) just tweeted:

@martytirrell I will mow Coach Williams lawn by hand if I'm wrong on Harrison Barnes! He is returning to UNC...

We'll see who's right...hopefully soon.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
kinda funny

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Houston-Rice-students-get-to-experience-nationa?urn=ncaab-wp1856

Houston football player Justin Johnson was excited to have the Final Four in his town, but he never thought he'd get a chance to see a game live.

That was until Monday morning when an email went out to Houston athletes and the Rice student body giving the first 300 email responders free tickets courtesy of the Connecticut athletic department."Well, we all were excited to have the Final Four in our town, but I didn't think we would get to be at the game," Johnson said. "This was awesome… (The crowd) was nuts early, but UConn ran away with it, so it died down."

UConn's fan section was nearly empty during Saturday's national semifinal against Kentucky. Even though UConn was allotted 800 tickets for its fans, few other than families were able to make the trip to Houston. On Monday, the Huskies didn't want the same lack of fanfare for what ended up being a 53-41 win over Butler for the Huskies first national championship since 2004 and third since 1999.

not that i blame them really!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Bowser said:

You people do realize that most of us understand that KI is going pro and we're okay with it, same with Elton Brand, same with Luol Deng, same with Dunleavy, Boozer, Williams, Henderson? Its shit like this that everyone wants to paint Duke fans with the same broad brush that we're out of touch and can't fathom that a pro caliber kid might want to get paid? Lets also conveniently forget the shit that some of YOUR fanbase tweeted to Ed Davis last year, or the angry cries of betrayal some sheep fans gave Sean May when he decided to declare in 05. Every fanbase sees this crap, from students, boosters, alumni, the school paper, its not something unique to Duke. It just pisses me off that everyone wants to act like it is. Anyone want to shit on the UK fanbase when their malcontents pissed and whined last year when most of the team left? C'mon man.

EDIT: All that being said, the article, whether intended as satire or whatever, was horribly ill timed and should have never been greenlighted, especially after the whole Jalen Rose Uncle Tom thing. The author must not be aware that everyone is inclined to believe the absolute worst about Duke, its teams, its students and its fans, whether its true or not.

DJ_Tet

Banned
The same type of fans as the UNC fans who claim K is selfish and evil when he gets Singler to come back, but when Henson and Barnes come back 'it's for the love of the school.'

GTFO

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
TylerD said:
Is this were we are going to comment on the girlball game?

better be

i'll be watching her body A&M
ZK5OE.jpg

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
chuckddd said:
Is there normally an off-season thread for cbb? If so, I vote you get to name it.

Official NCAA BB offseason thread (can Butler make it three in a row and score under 30?)

jobber

Sky got dat green chipped fingernail polish

LETS GO IRISH

clap clap clapclapclap

DJ_Tet said:
The same type of fans as the UNC fans who claim K is selfish and evil when he gets Singler to come back, but when Henson and Barnes come back 'it's for the love of the school.'

GTFO

Isn't it par for the course though? I would've been surprised if they didn't raise a huge stink over it.

jobber

Women's halftime scoring >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Men's halftime scoring

Skylar doin work

Bowser

DJ_Tet said:

GTFO

lol, who said K is selfish for bringing Singler back? I didn't (although looking back he was probably better served to have left after last season, but hindsight is 20/20). I was saying the Chronicle article is pathetic; UNC fans are clamoring for Barnes/Henzon/Z to come back, but you don't see any articles in our school newspaper talking about how dumb they would be to go league and begging them to stay.

edit: Also, Skylar can get it.

3250869.jpeg
skylar-diggins-bible.jpg

hawt

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
We need MRE to comment on the Mark Gottfried hire at NCSU. As a Bama and Pack alum, I feel he is best qualified to weigh in

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
truly101 said:
We need MRE to comment on the Mark Gottfried hire at NCSU. As a Bama and Pack alum, I feel he is best qualified to weigh in

Oh God, hadn't thought of it that way

:jakncoke LIVES

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I know his tenure at Bama floundered a bit when Steele was injured and Hendrix went pro unexpectedly, still surprising that Bama pulled the trigger on him mid season on a sport they really havent cared about since Sanderson retired. Makes you wonder if there's something else.

This Gary Williams vs Debbie Yow thing is just....wow. Get the steel cage.

Bowser

truly101 said:
I know his tenure at Bama floundered a bit when Steele was injured and Hendrix went pro unexpectedly, still surprising that Bama pulled the trigger on him mid season on a sport they really havent cared about since Sanderson retired. Makes you wonder if there's something else.

This Gary Williams vs Debbie Yow thing is just....wow. Get the steel cage.

I thought Gottfried resigned? Was it one of those forced resignations?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Bowser said:
I thought Gottfried resigned? Was it one of those forced resignations?

I think it was. Local Media had hounded him for 2, 3 years by the time he pulled the trigger and resigned. Finebaum especially.

Never knew what to think of Gottfried. He did some good things at a point (Elite Eight), but something was just not going well. Just by looking at how much rebuilding Grant has had to do, just to get to an "almost into the NCAA tournament" place.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
truly101 said:

My only speculation is that NCSU somehow wants to take the loss in revenue from basketball as some sort of a tax write-off, because they sure as shit didn't hire him to win.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom