• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjasper

I had FL in the final four but changed it :( I also had Georgetown losing in the first round but for some awful unknown changed them to the elite 8. I should have never trusted a mediocre Big Least team.

jakncoke said:
Pitt wastes good teams like no other. I don't even know why i get excited tourney. no matter how good we are we're never going to go to f4/nc

It's extra disappointing this year, because I really thought this was going to be a culmination year...thought this was going to be the sum of all this hard work we've been doing.

Instead, we miss the sweet 16 yet again.

Great recruiter, consistent season coach....bad in tourny's? Who fucking knows.

giga

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=310780221

Pitt shot a higher %, had twice as many assists, shot more FTs, and had 10 more rebounds.

slideshow_938681_6.jpg

"My cock. Take it. It's YOURS!"

iamblades

mYm|17| said:
wutttt, BYU gonna eat you up alive

As much as I want to see a BYU vs butler matchup for the Jimmer vs Mack madness, I think Florida is a terrible matchup for BYU. They are way too deep in the frontcourt for BYU.

giga

Butler now has 5 wins by 2 points or fewer in the Men's Basketball Championship over the last 10 seasons (since 2001-02). That is 2 more such wins than any other team during that time span.

4th straight season Pittsburgh has been eliminated by a lower-seeded team.

After tomorrow I could be anywhere from #1(if I win all the games) or #73...if I lose 4 upset picks. Or even #95 if Wisconsin loses tonight. Holy shit.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
jakncoke said:
Pitt wastes good teams like no other. I don't even know why i get excited tourney. no matter how good we are we're never going to go to f4/nc

Hey at least you make the Tourny... I'm a GT fan and the past few years have been U G L Y... thankfully we pulled the trigger and got rid of our coach despite his most amazing coaching contract ever in sports...

Brettison said:
Hey at least you make the Tourny... I'm a GT fan and the past few years have been U G L Y... thankfully we pulled the trigger and got rid of our coach despite his most amazing coaching contract ever in sports...

Hewitt only needed the #1 recruit in the nation to barely make the tournament last year! Cut him a break.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Randolph Freelander said:
Duke-Butler rematch in Houston.

Believe.

It won't come down to a half court near miss, you can believe that. Gotta win tomorrow anyway. Its always a relief to know that even if the wheels come off the bus, we won't be the 1st 1 seed out.

pgtl_10

truly101 said:
It won't come down to a half court near miss, you can believe that. Gotta win tomorrow anyway. Its always a relief to know that even if the wheels come off the bus, we won't be the 1st 1 seed out.

I hate Duke(Who doesn't outside of Dukies?) but I tip my hat to them They are the one team you can count on to make a run the tourney. March and April doesn't scare them.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
1. I can't believe the game Shelvin Mack had.
2. I can't believe the foul Shelvin Mack gave.
3. I can't believe Gil Brown missed that foul shot.
4. I can't believe Jamie Dixon didn't pull his guys off the line.
5. I can't believe Nasir Robinson did what he did.
6. I can believe Pitt getting ousted by an inferior team yet again.

Butler won this game in the first half with their insane shooting. It is tough to overcome a team that is raining 3's at will, but Pitt nearly did it.

Should have done it, really. Not even getting a shot off when there was ~8 seconds left is ridiculous. Stick Gary down low, take a shot, then get the rebound if there is one. That is all they had to do. Pitt was cleaning up the boards all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom