• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
kiun said:
What a game, I'm surprised we still got the win even when taylor doesn't make his shots.
Good PGs don't need to score to get their teams the win.

It would appear that Jordan Taylor is one of those!

1 OJ Mayo's paper lunch 28 12 - - - Ohio St. 40 184
2 Carr Kurupts 27 12 - - - Syracuse 39 183
3 Wheels Against The World 24 14 - - - Ohio St. 38 174
4 Mungo's Bracket 25 12 - - - Duke 37 169
4 Cal to win it all 25 12 - - - Ohio St. 37 169
4 Squirrel Killer 25 12 - - - Ohio St. 37 169
7 Invisible_Insane 24 12 - - - Ohio St. 36 176
7 Bucknuticus' Rise to GOAT 26 10 - - - Ohio St. 36 168
9 Jim Burr's Favorite Team 23 12 - - - Ohio St. 35 179
9 Hot Dog! We have a Weiner! 25 10 - - - Kansas 35 173
9 Cooter's Gold 25 10 - - - Connecticut 35 169
9 The Winna! 25 10 - - - Ohio St. 35 167
9 Hamburgesa 25 10 - - - Kansas 35 167
9 Texas Seminole Exes 23 12 - - - Ohio St. 35 167
9 One Million Dollars 25 10 - - - Notre Dame 35 167 <---------me
9 mlaz14 27 8 - - - Kansas 35 163
9 SamuraiX- 25 10 - - - Ohio St. 35 163
9 McNei1y-GAF 25 10 - - - Pittsburgh 35 117

Ranking after each day:
Day 1: 16
Day 2: 10
Day 3: 9

Guess I'll take it. I keep moving up.

Mrbob

Bucky going to the final four! White basketball rebirth!

Bo tanked that Big 10 tourney game on purpose, I'm certain of it now. Of course if you were going to tell me earlier today Taylor would go 2-16 and Pullen score like 37 points I'd say the Badgers had no shot of winning. Team basketball with carrot top knocking down those 3s!

Jasconius

Had to work tonight, but caught the end of the Butler-Pitt game on my lunch break.......... I don't even understand... ~.~

My GAF bracket is still terrible, but my other Yahoo bracket is doing awesome, I have 40 points in that one, tied for 1197th overall or something, so that's making me feel a little better. I'm just sad because it would have been even better, but I had Old Dominion beating Pitt instead of Butler.

Really happy to see BYU (even though they're leaving...) and SDSU doing well to represent the MWC!

diehard

Fleer
I think if BYU had a legit inside presence we would have a shot at the Title. We beat Florida last year but don't know we can do it again.

Fjordson

I can't discount BYU in almost any game (mostly because of Jimmer). I watched what felt like dozens of analysts last night and this morning talk about how Gonzaga would be in "total control" of this game and that BYU wouldn't be able to hang.

Obviously Florida is going to be tougher, but you never know.

Jasconius

I think the thing is that BYU with Jimmer has a chance at winning against pretty much everyone but one of the games it's just not gonna happen...

I'd love to be proven wrong and see it happen every game though, I just think that if New Mexico can do it...

Pollux

IGotBillySoSpooked said:
I can't believe Pitino is already on TBS/TNT/CBS two days after his team gets knocked out.

Seems odd to me. I don't know.

He's an attention whore whats odd about him seeking MORE attention. then gumble slaps him down. lol

Jay Sosa

Daaaaaamn only 2 points in the second round..how did that happen?

But the tournament turns out to be quite nice, lots of close games. Unfortunately didn't see anything yesterday (except the end of the Zags game).

jakncoke

Banned
random: I just found out and dunno if anyone else knew, but it seems crappy conference Great West will start getting an automatic bid to the bid dance in 2020

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
jakncoke said:
random: I just found out and dunno if anyone else knew, but it seems crappy conference Great West will start getting an automatic bid to the bid dance in 2020

Plenty of time to turn NJIT into a national powerhouse.

jakncoke

Banned
I guess they could be decent mid-major in 2020. As for N.J.I.T, it's funny how much they turned around. Remember when they had a like a 80 game losing streak

Edit: lmao, on kenpom they weren't even the worst conference this year. swac won that award

NewLib

Banned
So where is Godfather with his talk of no SEC teams in the Sweet 16? The Big East needs a Notre Dame victory to get more Sweet 16 teams than the lowly SEC

jjasper

zmoney said:
He's an attention whore whats odd about him seeking MORE attention. then gumble slaps him down. lol

Even better when Sir Charles blasted the Big East right in front of him.
NewLib said:
So where is Godfather with his talk of no SEC teams in the Sweet 16? The Big East needs a Notre Dame victory to get more Sweet 16 teams than the lowly SEC

You would think at some people that people would realize that the big east just isn't that good. But no we have 5 months of people telling us they are the best in the land only for them to collapse when it matters.

giga

Oh god why is there conference pride bullshit in here. My team is in the ACC but I could not care less if all of em lose--especially Duke and UNC.

jjasper said:
You would think at some people that people would realize that the big east just isn't that good. But no we have 5 months of people telling us they are the best in the land only for them to collapse when it matters.

Big East teams are always overrated and are found out in the tournament. Then the following year everyone in the media forgets and overrates them again.

Why are we talking about conferences? This isn't the fucking BCS. Win your games and you got a shot at a title, what's your conference got anything to do with it?

NewLib

Banned
Hasphat'sAnts said:
Why are we talking about conferences? This isn't the fucking BCS. Win your games and you got a shot at a title, what's your conference got anything to do with it?

I dont really give a shit about how the rest of the SEC does. Its just you will see some Big East fans rally around their conference more than their schools.

jakncoke

Banned
oh ho ho you guys are fucking funny and predictable as ever. i knew this was coming before the tourney if some BE teams shit the bed, relentless bastards

*before tourney*= silence
*BE teams lose*
<ENTER_TROLLFEST>
*lol BE overrated losers, bum..ect

jjasper

Also yeah I don't care for the conference shit. I wanted Princeton to win:(
jakncoke said:
oh ho ho you guys are fucking funny and predictable as ever. i knew this was coming before the tourney if some BE teams shit the bed, relentless bastards

*BE teams lose*
<ENTER_TROLLFEST>

That is a totally inaccurate description on how I act.

giga said:
Oh god why is there conference pride bullshit in here. My team is in the ACC but I could not care less if all of em lose--especially Duke and UNC.
Probably because unlike the ACC, our conferences are always questioned as to whether they're "good enough" or "tough enough" or what the fuck ever else. When the ACC loses, it was "just a down year". When the BigTen loses (for example), it's some sort of indictment on all of the programs within the BigTen and constitutes another mental hurdle for coaches and recruiters to have to overcome to get top talent to consider our schools.

Few big recruits will decide to *not* come to UNC or Duke because they get knocked out in the 2nd round of the tournament, you know?

Mrbob

jakncoke said:

*BE teams lose*
<ENTER_TROLLFEST>

Well at least we have one certainty each basketball tourney year. Pitt will get a high seed and they'll have their annual choke job. :D

Going to be awesome if Marquette can beat the Cuse tonight! The 11th and last team from the Big East getting into the Sweet 16 while the top team is gone!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
jakncoke said:

96 team tournament future.

jjasper

Mrbob said:
Well at least we have one certainty each basketball tourney year. Pitt will get a high seed and they'll have their annual choke job. :D

Going to be awesome if Marquette can beat the Cuse tonight! The 11th and last team from the Big East getting into the Sweet 16 while the top team is gone!

I know it happened yesterday but I thought there were rules in place to prevent the possibility of two teams from the same conference playing each other till the sweet 16, or is the big east so awesome that it transcends the rule?

Edit: looking at it there is a big east team in every 6/11 game so I guess they had no choice.

iamblades

Kalnos said:
Pump faking and jumping into the defensive player should be an offensive foul.

Yeah i hate all the bailout bullshit calls, if the defender jumps straight up and you jump into him that should not be a foul. I also hate the 'bull yourself into the paint and wildly swing your arms into the defender and throw up a wild shot' call.

<3 my Heels, but I really miss Ty Lawson and his ability to run the fast break. Carolina thrived on that for both their recent championships with Phelps and Lawson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom