• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgtl_10

The Big East is like the AFC and the NBA Western Conference. It looks good on the outside but when you break it down there is only a couple legitimate championship contenders.

Proelite

PhoenixDark said:
Hopefully Michigan beats Duke tomorrow just to fuck over some more brackets

Unlikely given how good we have been playing the past few weeks. Michigan has to make 75% of their shots to win.

pgtl_10 said:
The Big East is like the AFC and the NBA Western Conference. It looks good on the outside but when you break it down there is only a couple legitimate championship contenders.

Post Jordan, the West has won 75% of the titles in the NBA so...

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
pgtl_10 said:

This isn't a Big East sucks game where the Big East team just under performs. Pitt played a great game. They controlled the boards, they controlled the paint, and they were making their shots.

Butler was money from behind the arc and that won this game for them.

Pitt won every facet of this game except on the scoreboard. In the end, that is the only place it counts.

jakncoke

Banned
I still cant fucking understand how we derped so fucking hard and got a shot clock violation. I mean derp herp derp derp wake the fuck up.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
jakncoke said:
I still cant fucking understand how we derped so fucking hard and got a shot clock violation. I mean derp herp derp derp wake the fuck up.

There should have been a time out when Wanamaker was boxed in like that.

We still had ~5 seconds on the clock and we are pretty strong on inbound set plays. Give Wanamaker or Gibbs a decent look at the basket.

In my opinion, that is where Pitt lost the game. You absolutely have to get a shot off in that situation.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
pgtl_10 said:
I hate Duke(Who doesn't outside of Dukies?) but I tip my hat to them They are the one team you can count on to make a run the tourney. March and April doesn't scare them.

Well actually last year was the 1st year they hadn't been bounced from the Sweet 16 or earlier since 2004 sooooo.......

The tourney is all about peaking and matchups. Not saying Michigan can't win, but considering Duke is finally clicking with their existing line-up, they finally have Irving back but they don't have to depend on him...yet, they have recent experience with UM's 1-3-1, They are a good deal taller than UM and they are more athletic than UM. This is a matchup that favors Duke clearly and they don't blow to many of them.

If Texas wins and we win then then thats going to make for a tough game next weekend.

truly101 said:
Well actually last year was the 1st year they hadn't been bounced from the Sweet 16 or earlier since 2004 sooooo.......

The tourney is all about peaking and matchups. Not saying Michigan can't win, but considering Duke is finally clicking with their existing line-up, they finally have Irving back but they don't have to depend on him...yet, they have recent experience with UM's 1-3-1, They are a good deal taller than UM and they are more athletic than UM. This is a matchup that favors Duke clearly and they don't blow to many of them.

If Texas wins and we win then then thats going to make for a tough game next weekend.

Arizona's a tough out. Wouldn't count my chickens yet if I were Rick Barnes.

On a side note, the Game of Thrones promos are awesome.

jjasper

Tennessee should offer Brad Steven's 3 million dollars the day his season ends. Don't even let him walk to the locker room. Meet him in the concourse with a steel briefcase of 3 million Washingtons.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Hasphat'sAnts said:
Arizona's a tough out. Wouldn't count my chickens yet if I were Rick Barnes.

On a side note, the Game of Thrones promos are awesome.

Is that going to be on HBO? Is George RR Martin every going to finish the last book? Which Pac-10 team do you want to win more, zona or Washington? (you can't answer Bowser ;P)

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
jjasper said:
Tennessee should offer Brad Steven's 3 million dollars the day his season ends. Don't even let him walk to the locker room. Meet him in the concourse with a steel briefcase of 3 million Washingtons.
Stevens is only leaving Butler for one of the big jobs, so in about 5 years or so, give or take.

truly101 said:
Is that going to be on HBO? Is George RR Martin every going to finish the last book? Which Pac-10 team do you want to win more, zona or Washington? (you can't answer Bowser ;P)

Yes. No. Who do you think?

jjasper

truly101 said:
Stevens is only leaving Butler for one of the big jobs, so in about 5 years or so, give or take.

He's not ready you can't just jump from taking a small school and competing for national championships to a blue blood, baby steps.

Kansas State's center's a puss. Seriously.

The whole offense is based on Pullen. Everyone else was pathetic. Godamnit.

First F4 team gone..

If Connecticutt wins I can be anywhere from 1 to 87 after tomorrow's games. If they lose I can be anywhere from 1 to 93. If they win tonight I'm in 9th place. If they lose I'm 11th.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
Damn it...I would have liked to have seen Pitt vs. Wisconsin.

I have to reevaluate my allegiances for the rest of this tournament. I want to say Marquette, but they aren't strong enough to make a serious run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom