• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

Proelite said:
Washington would have won if they knew how to catch, dribble, and inbound.

I have no idea what Overton was thinking with that half-court heave with 3 seconds left. Just stupid.

Bowser

giga said:
Usually a sign of weakness. A sign of things to come.

In '09 we had a very close game with LSU in the 2nd round before we went on to win the title (of course, we pulled away at the end, which we didn't here, but the '09 team was WAYYY more experienced). I prefer to compare this performance to that one.

It's all about survive and advance as far as I'm concerned.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
JB1981 said:
Tell ya what Barkley is awful. CBS downgraded when they teamed up with TNT. Their staff is awful.

I don't think he understands or respects the college game to effectively commentate on it. Kenny Smith at least probably follows his alma mater every year and is familiar with the other ACC and top 25 teams.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Bowser said:
In '09 we had a very close game with LSU in the 2nd round before we went on to win the title (of course, we pulled away at the end, which we didn't here, but the '09 team was WAYYY more experienced). I prefer to compare this performance to that one.

C'mon man, that game was relatively close to the other games that team played but your boys had that shit on ice under 10 minutes in the 2nd half if memory serves.

Talon

Kalnos said:
Syracuse will probably fuck whoever won this one, regardless.
I'm really interested to see this matchup. UNC is most effective when it attacks the rim, and we know Cuse is good at that.

Bowser

truly101 said:
C'mon man, that game was relatively close to the other games that team played but your boys had that shit on ice under 10 minutes in the 2nd half if memory serves.

If I recall correctly it was still tied/we were down a few with less than 5 minutes to go. Not too sure though.

edit: no you're right. We were tied with 8:00 to go but ended on a 21-7 run.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Talon- said:
I'm really interested to see this matchup. UNC is most effective when it attacks the rim, and we know Cuse is good at that.

UNC has trouble generating a consistent outside threat. Barnes and McDonald are decent outside shooters, Marshall can hit the shot, but they are pretty streaky.

giga

Bowser said:

You are already dead.

Bowser

truly101 said:
UNC has trouble generating a consistent outside threat. Barnes and McDonald are decent outside shooters, Marshall can hit the shot, but they are pretty streaky.

Yep. Definitely a Marquette fan tonight. Scared to death of that Cuse zone.

Talon

truly101 said:
I am aware. Marshall is quick and smart enough with the ball to attack the middle of that zone, though.

Game will come down to Zeller getting position off the ball, forcing that zone to compress, and Henson killing it on the boards.

The officiating was a bit one-sided, particularly in the first half, but Washington still had an opportunity to win. However, not reviewing when the ball went out of bounds on the half court heave is a real injustice to the fans. There is a huge difference between .5 and 1.0 seconds.

Officiating aside, Washington needed to hold on to the damn ball. They got really sloppy late in the game with some of the basic fundamentals.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Bowser said:

I know Bullock has not had a great freshman year, probably because of that knee, but it would help to have him as an option anyway. Even Drew could hit that shot every now and again.

EDIT Barkley now really sounds like someone took a dump in his mouth.

Talon

truly101 said:
I know Bullock has not had a great freshman year, probably because of that knee, but it would help to have him as an option anyway. Even Drew could hit that shot every now and again.

EDIT Barkley now really sounds like someone took a dump in his mouth.
Whatever benefit Drew provided as a shooter and perimeter defender is negated by the fact that he's a pile of steaming shit with the ball in his hands.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Talon- said:
Whatever benefit Drew provided as a shooter and perimeter defender is negated by the fact that he's a pile of steaming shit with the ball in his hands.

Supposedly he was an awful teammate as well. Yeah, those WTF passes into the stands.... I sure do miss those.

Talon

Anyways, again we are reminded that shitty defense -> exciting games.

I'm thrilled to see the signs in the Duke-Michigan game.

minimexc

Neo Member
Neutral fan here, and I am speechless after watching that game. 17 FT difference and not checking the clock at the end of that game? No excuse for that.

I feel for Huskies fans. That's a frustrating way to end a season.

cdyhybrid

minimexc said:
Neutral fan here, and I am speechless after watching that game. 17 FT difference and not checking the clock at the end of that game? No excuse for that.

Gotta keep that golden goose alive. Part of the reason I don't watch the NBA anymore.

mavs

minimexc said:

I'm much more frustrated with them dribbling the ball away 3 times in a row. How do you even...

minimexc said:

I feel the same. Huskies were a fun team to watch. Great three point shooters and Thomas is exciting to watch. His ball handing is so smooth its almost like he is playing at a different speed than the rest of the players on the court.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
Bowser said:

If UNC does have a strong inside game (I don't know...don't watch them), then they won't have many problems scoring against the Syracuse zone.

Bowser

IGotBillySoSpooked said:
If UNC does have a strong inside game (I don't know...don't watch them), then they won't have many problems scoring against the Syracuse zone.
We do have a great frontcourt in Barnes/Henson/Zeller. Henson had an uncharactetically bad game today around the rim. Despite his slight frame he can bang inside. Our bigs do have a tendency to try to lay the ball in rather than flush it down, which is both frustrating and infuriating.

Man, I hate that I have to work weekends for my job. Just want to enjoy the games today, ugh.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Playing awful right now, Singler can't make a FT. I hope we wake up second half or we will be joining Pitt and telling Irving to have fun in the pros

Bowser

truly101 said:
Playing awful right now, Singler can't make a FT. I hope we wake up second half or we will be joining Pitt and telling Irving to have fun in the pros

Just looking at the box score, but surprised to see it's only a 5 point game with you guys shooting 60% from the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom