• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Awww jesus fuck, UK vs UNC for the final four. This is clearly karma payback for last season (its worth it BTW).

Still I am at a loss that there is a very real possiblity UNC could win this thing. They've beaten UK, They could beat UConn and Zona will never have another game like they did last night. Nobody is scared of Butler or UF and KU has a history of blowing games they should win.....like us.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Seth C said:
They WERE. They just lost to a team with the #7 RPI in the country, who has played 5 games against the rest of the Elite 8. What more do you want?
I have nothing against Kentucky. I just thought Ohio St would do better then losing in the sweet 16 to a 4 seed who has lost to some pretty mediocre teams this year. They were one of the class teams in this tournament and they just laid an egg.

Pollux

truly101 said:
Awww jesus fuck, UK vs UNC for the final four. This is clearly karma payback for last season (its worth it BTW).

Still I am at a loss that there is a very real possiblity UNC could win this thing. They've beaten UK, They could beat UConn and Zona will never have another game like they did last night. Nobody is scared of Butler or UF and KU has a history of blowing games they should win.....like us.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I think Kentucky wins....but I may be biased.

Tamanon

Banned
Oh man, why did he pass there, he could've layed it up or even dunked it.

It's also silly how they let that play happen when they were so close to a 5-second.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
WOW. Sha-ka! Sha-ka! Sha-ka!

Florida St. lost this when they went to overtime. No one to blame but themselves on this one.

DominoKid

does Kitchen have any fucking concept of time?

first vs VT in the ACCT
then this game in regulation and now OT

dumb motherfucker.

he forever jogs up the court.

Bowser

Why the fuck did Hamilton not call timeout? And then his dumbass is smiling after a crushing loss like that? WTF? Waka Shaka Smart schooled his ass on the sidelines.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
zmoney said:

I think Kentucky wins....but I may be biased.

I gotta think of whats best for next season. A final four trip for the holes increases the chances that Barnes and Henson leave for the promise of NBA riches

go ...heels........?

Sir Pant

What an end to that game, glad I stayed up tonight and watched these two.

Sunday will be the end all be all for VCU, if they can match up to Kansas then they can go all the way.

Seth C

yellowjacket25 said:
I have nothing against Kentucky. I just thought Ohio St would do better then losing in the sweet 16 to a 4 seed who has lost to some pretty mediocre teams this year. They were one of the class teams in this tournament and they just laid an egg.

Again, everything BUT the seed they got fucked with suggest Kentucky is a top 10 team going in to the tournament. RPI of 7, Kenpom says 6. That's better than Wisconsin or Purdue, by the way (the other two teams Ohio State already lost to). Kentucky shouldn't have been a 4 seed and Ohio State shouldn't have had to play them in the Sweet 16, but it's not nearly the upset you're making it out to be. This game should have rightfully been for a trip to the Final Four.

They didn't lay an egg. They were out coached (by Cal, no less), out defended, and outplayed by a team with better players. In short, they were beat by a team who is every bit as good as they are. While they are young and lost games they shouldn't have, they did so by the narrowest of margins (with that experience now paying dividends) and are currently on a 9 game winning streak that includes two wins over Florida, another team in the Elite 8.

Again I say, WHAT MORE DID YOU WANT? Did you really think they were SO good they should only lose to a top 5 team, not top 7? Or did you think they were just altogether unbeatable?

Very nice for VCU. They have had a heck of a run. I would be pretty shocked if they beat Kansas though. Then again I was pretty shocked when Northern Iowa beat them last year.

Outdoor Miner said:
Wow Kansas' road to the Final Four will be 16 Boston U, 9 Illinois, 12 Richmond, and 11 VCU. Sad.
What the fuck does that mean? Numbers are NOT indicative of skill. If anybody can scare Kansas, it is going to be VCU considering their momentum.

NOW BEND OVER AND BEHOLD
70290_642850803_7170010_n.jpg

Nesotenso

Outdoor Miner said:
Wow Kansas' road to the Final Four will be 16 Boston U, 9 Illinois, 12 Richmond, and 11 VCU. Sad.

Well, you play who you are matched up against. Higher seeds lost. Jayhawks have to do their part and win games.

Shin Dynamo X said:
Dude, I am just funning around. Nothing serious, just let me have my moment. My alma mater won!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
*looks at screen name again*

hello, System Wars poster. welcome to greener pastures.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
RT @fauxjohnmadden: I'm not saying it's a disappointing loss for Ohio State, but even LeBron James thinks that was an early exit from the postseason.

Seth C said:
Again, everything BUT the seed they got fucked with suggest Kentucky is a top 10 team going in to the tournament. RPI of 7, Kenpom says 6. That's better than Wisconsin or Purdue, by the way (the other two teams Ohio State already lost to). Kentucky shouldn't have been a 4 seed and Ohio State shouldn't have had to play them in the Sweet 16, but it's not nearly the upset you're making it out to be. This game should have rightfully been for a trip to the Final Four.

They didn't lay an egg. They were out coached (by Cal, no less), out defended, and outplayed by a team with better players. In short, they were beat by a team who is every bit as good as they are. While they are young and lost games they shouldn't have, they did so by the narrowest of margins (with that experience now paying dividends) and are currently on a 9 game winning streak that includes two wins over Florida, another team in the Elite 8.

Again I say, WHAT MORE DID YOU WANT? Did you really think they were SO good they should only lose to a top 5 team, not top 7? Or did you think they were just altogether unbeatable?
Yes, I really did think they were good enough to only lose to a top 5 team, and I mean the real rankings not the useless RPI rankings. I'm sorry if it angers you but yes I am surprised that Ohio St, the best team in the nation coming into the tournament, got beat by a team that lost to Georgia, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Alabama, and barely squeezed by an awful Princeton team in their opening game. I just though Ohio St was better then that, and I was wrong.

Seth C

yellowjacket25 said:
Yes, I really did think they were good enough to only lose to a top 5 team, and I mean the real rankings not the useless RPI rankings. I'm sorry if it angers you but yes I am surprised that Ohio St, the best team in the nation coming into the tournament, got beat by a team that lost to Georgia, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Alabama, and barely squeezed by an awful Princeton team in their opening game. I just though Ohio St was better then that, and I was wrong.

The non-useless rankings have Kentucky as a top 10 team. If you really were convinced there was THAT much of a difference among the top 10 it certainly doesn't anger me. It just means you're a moron. :) Especially given Ohio State already had proven they could lose to teams WORSE than Kentucky. Purdue and Wisconsin are ranked lower than Kentucky in every poll you can look to. Useless or otherwise.

Pollux

truly101 said:
I gotta think of whats best for next season. A final four trip for the holes increases the chances that Barnes and Henson leave for the promise of NBA riches

go ...heels........?

Dude as a Duke fan....really? REALLY?

EDIT: you hate unc more than you hate us

Bowser

Tentatively, I like the matchups against UK. Obviously, we're both very different teams from when we played, but I think Dex should be able to keep the damage from Knight to a minimum. Jones has been pretty invisible in the past 10 or so games and Henson harassed him into something like a 3/18 performance when he was playing like a NPOY candidate. Lamb lit us up, but Barnes should hopefully be able to contain him (much better defender now than he was way back then...actually, much better player overall).

Should be a good close game...let's get it done Heels.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
zmoney said:

Dude as a Duke fan....really? REALLY?

EDIT: you hate unc more than you hate us

I hate UNC far more than I hate UK, I'm just having fun with the whole thing. I live in NC and sheep fans are an insufferable lot as it is, I'll never hear the end of it depsite them being 1-2 vs Duke.

Still...when life hands you lemons. As it is now I think UNC/Duke will be the best two teams in the ACC next year, but if things stay the way they are, the edge goes to UNC. Need something to help get the momentum back this way. I think Henson is gone regardless of what happens here.

truly101 said:
Not really but KU's path to the title so far is looking a bit more favorable than ours last year.
I think I'd be jealous if I were them. There's no glory in getting put out of the tournament. Meanwhile, nobody remembers you having a light schedule on the way to the Championship game. Only that you won. Duke, Pitt, OSU...all would be in proper position to win if they got to play VCU in the Elite 8 after playing Illinois and Richmond to get there. That's a clear-as-day cake-walk compared to dealing with Arizona, Butler and Kentucky. Simple as that. Spin it to comfort your ego if you wish.

yellowjacket25 said:
cold burn. knife twisted in and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom