• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable. I can't even blame the refs for Parsons, Boynton, and Walker being completely nonexistent in this game. I think the Gators win this game if the refs don't turn into fucking idiots during the second half, but that's no excuse for them looking like shit for the last five minutes of the second half, and overtime.

Good run for the team, but this could have easily been more. Guess I'll hop aboard the 'Fuck Butler' train at this point.

jjasper

I still don't get taking a 40 footer down 1 with 17 seconds left.

chuckddd said:
Why aren't big schools making it rain on Stevens?

Many wanted to last year and I am sure some will this year but he has reached the point where he knows where he wants to go and is content to wait on it (Indiana).

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
chuckddd said:
Why aren't big schools making it rain on Stevens?
He turned down most advances last year. I know WF made a big time behind the scenes offer for him that he rejected....thus they ended up with Bzdelic and tried to make it like that was their intent all along.

jjasper said:
I still don't get taking a 40 footer down 1 with 17 seconds left..

Probably because it's a stupid idea.

This game was just so stupidly played. Refs let Butler back in the game, and then Florida let Butler win it because of sheer stupidity.

Seth C

jjasper said:
I still don't get taking a 40 footer down 1 with 17 seconds left.

Many wanted to last year and I am sure some will this year but he has reached the point where he knows where he wants to go and is content to wait on it (Indiana).

Indiana? Seriously? If he can't get a job at Indiana already when does he ever expect they would come calling? They've been dreadful for 3 straight seasons.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
K and Roy will be done in 5 years at most, if he's still at Butler when one of them retire, the respective school will probably be backing a big truck fulla money to his doorstep

jjasper

Seth C said:
Indiana? Seriously? If he can't get a job at Indiana already when does he ever expect they would come calling? They've been dreadful for 3 straight seasons.

I guess they are just trying to make it work before dumping Crean?

Edit: I know Stevens would ever come to UT but in the next 2 weeks I want to hear about him turning down stupid amounts of money just to know we at least tried.

I am so happy Florida lost. Dont care why or how, they had the 'easiest' 2 seed draw and UK got an ass-hard 4 seed draw with OSU and now UNC. I hate Florida. Go butler!

Seth C

jjasper said:
I guess they are just trying to make it work before dumping Crean?

Which makes me wonder why he'd even want to coach there. If they know he is interested and are too stupid to go ahead and do that, then I wouldn't want to work for them.

giga

truly101 said:
K and Roy will be done in 5 years at most, if he's still at Butler when one of them retire, the respective school will probably be backing a big truck fulla money to his doorstep
It's nice to want things.

LegoDad

kkaabboomm said:
I am so happy Florida lost. Dont care why or how, they had the 'easiest' 2 seed draw and UK got an ass-hard 4 seed draw with OSU and now UNC. I hate Florida. Go butler!

So you should make it even easier for KU.....

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
BertramCooper said:
I'm trying to watch some of these games but it just ends up bumming me out.

At least I have OSU football to look forward to.
Oh wait...
Even your sanctionized season is better than what I have to look forward to. I'll do backflips for a .500 record and a trip to the Beef O Brady's bowl

bachikarn

kkaabboomm said:

damn, why all the hate

jjasper

BertramCooper said:
Man oh man, I was so depressed last night. The game was bad enough, but I got semi-lost in Joisey trying to find the Garden State Parkway and I didn't make it back to Albany until about 4 in the morning.

It was turrible.

What happened to you wasn't even that bad. Try losing a 19 point lead in the tournament. That sucks.

BertramCooper said:
Man oh man, I was so depressed last night. The game was bad enough, but I got semi-lost in Joisey trying to find the Garden State Parkway and I didn't make it back to Albany until about 4 in the morning.

It was turrible.

Yep, plus all the money :(. Dont have to tell me about it though, I spent far too much in 06 to witness the Disaster in the Desert.

Nice run for UCONN. I must admit it's nice not being personally invested in a game. Sure makes things a lot more interesting and less nerve racking.

bachikarn said:
damn, why all the hate
Had it a while, but it stems from Matt "I'll cut my floppy hair off if we lose to UK" Walsh when they became #1 and we were #4 spring of 2003 i believe. We crushed them like insolent bugs, he didn't get a haircut, and the hatred was on

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So when you play aggressive you force the other team to react to you.....seems like K would have figured that out by now

Seth C

kkaabboomm said:
Had it a while, but it stems from Matt "I'll cut my floppy hair off if we lose to UK" Walsh when they became #1 and we were #4 spring of 2003 i believe. We crushed them like insolent bugs, he didn't get a haircut, and the hatred was on

Rupp was so much fun for that game. I thought the place was going to fall apart.

Proelite

truly101 said:
So when you play aggressive you force the other team to react to you.....seems like K would have figured that out by now

It's hard to play aggressive when your all american guard is missing layups, your PG hasn't recovered enough to defend in the perimeter and your all american forward has 4 fouls.

Our problem was that our defense had more holes than the state of North Carolina.

Seth C said:
Rupp was so much fun for that game. I thought the place was going to fall apart.
Me too. I loved it. I've been to every UK-Fl game at rupp from 1999-2010; this year I had my bros bachelor party that weekend so I went to Gainesville instead. Also every SEC tourney from 2004-present. I love watching UK-fl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom