• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
dabig2 said:
hahaha, wasn't VCU the subject of like 2 hour "shouldn't have gotten in" rants by the ESPN guys :lol

Butler vs VCU. Whoever had that in their final 4 automatically wins outright. No doubt.

Bilas is right. Colorado and Va. Tech should have gone in ahead of VCU.

That's the beauty of the Tournament. If you're in, you've got a shot, and VCU took it like nobody's business.

jobber said:
The last time VCU made any noise in the tournament was the year they beat Duke. The coach bailed 2 weeks later..he just got fired couple of weeks ago.

Yup. A sixth seeded Duke team that featured Paulus and McRoberts. What an amazing feat.

Gigglepoo said:
I don't think that happened. The schools I saw ESPN personalities bitching about were the crappy teams from the Big East and Big Ten

no it happened. mainly led by jay bilas but others as well. it was on espn selection sunday right after names were announced and bilas went off, actually lost his cool a little. saying how uab and vcu didn't belong.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Smokey said:
Yet another reason to LOLZ at the most corrupt sport in our country (college football) and their ways.

Amen to this.

Gigglepoo

goldenticket said:
no it happened. mainly led by jay bilas but others as well. it was on espn selection sunday right after names were announced and bilas went off, actually lost his cool a little. saying how uab and vcu didn't belong.

My mistake, I guess I missed that one.

I hope in the future the committee errs on the side of putting schools like VCU in rather than the bottom of the big conferences. We'll see.

116fd92c.jpg

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
jakncoke said:
Crazy that George Mason's run been 5 years already

DAT CAA basketball where final scores end up in the 40s

every 5 years, a CAA team does ok in the tourney. Before GMU, it was U of Richmond(then they bailed to the A10)

Nesotenso

Well congrats to all the VCU fans on GAF. Hard loss for a jayhawk fan. Rams played well but we didn't help ourselves from the charity stripe and the 3pt line.
Oh well, less numb after NI last year. Here's hoping our next championship doesn't take 20 years.

Seth C

You know, Zeller would probably be better off just playing the entire game from his ass. That's where he spends most of his time anyway.

jjasper

Smokey said:
Yet another reason to LOLZ at the most corrupt sport in our country (college football) and their ways.
College football can only dream of being as corrupt as college basketball. Although they are trying hard with cam and sweater vest.

jakncoke said:
Crazy that George Mason's run been 5 years already

Yeah and it would have made an awesome sports movie. Too bad that VCU's story is better and a hell of a story thanks to the controversy, ESPN's whining (Jay Bilas), and a young upstart coach. When VCU lost 5 of 8 at the end of the season, people were asking for Shaka's job because they were close to winning the conference.

Also, the CAA is the most underrated conference. They sent 3 teams to the dance this year for the first time ever! I live 5 miles from George Mason and after today....I don't much if VCU wins it all or not. They've gone far enough to get their ESPN 30/30 movie!! I think they will win it all. Why not since they have nothing to be afraid of.

Honestly, I think they drew a LOT of inspiration from George Mason. Since we are in the same conference, GMU would have thrown "the Final 4 card" at us if VCU didn't win today. So for that reason, this suddenly became a must win for VCU.

But mentally, IMO this was a physcological RIVAL GAME against George Mason.

jjasper

Shin Dynamo X said:
Yeah and it would have made an awesome sports movie. Too bad that VCU's story is better and a hell of a story thanks to the controversy, ESPN's whining (Jay Bilas), and a young upstart coach. When VCU lost 5 of 8 at the end of the season, people were asking for Shaka's job because they were close to winning the conference.

Blias's whining was nothing compared to what Billy Packer did when GMU got in.

Nesotenso

Don't know who to root for right now. Don't like UNC or Calipari. Calhoun has question marks himself, although I like Kemba as a player.
Guess Butler it is to win it all, especially after last year

jjasper

Rumors that UT is going to hire a coach in 48 hours. And that it is either Lawrence Frank or Brian Gregory. If it is Gregory it probably kill what little renaming interest I have in college basketball.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Azwethinkweiz said:
I have UCONN winning it all. Come on, all you have to do is beat UNC or Kentucky and those other pretenders will be no problem!

Kansas fans probably thought the same thing.

Nesotenso

Azwethinkweiz said:
I have UCONN winning it all. Come on, all you have to do is beat UNC or Kentucky and those other pretenders will be no problem!

Calling VCU or Butler pretenders is not fair to either team.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
UNC is shooting horribly and these turnovers are killing any chance they have to build momentum. Kentucky is a good team.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
If UNC makes the final four with whose left I'ma search Chapel Hill for a pile of baby corpses or goats blood. Somebody sold their soul for this shit

truly101 said:
If UNC makes the final four with whose left I'ma search Chapel Hill for a pile of baby corpses or goats blood. Somebody sold their soul for this shit

I'm getting the shakes rooting for Kentucky. What do I do?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Hasphat'sAnts said:
I'm getting the shakes rooting for Kentucky. What do I do?
Just think that if UK fails, we have to turn to UCon, thats almost worse. I really have no beef with UK, they just need to get over 92, they got revenge in 98 anyway.

Barnes' friends says he's not declaring unless UNC wins a championship so this is going to be a critical half for the NBA Draft even though Barnes is CJ Miles in the NBA. GO UNC!

Proelite

I have no problem rooting for this year's Kentucky team. They're almost like a poor-mans version of our 2010 team.

Zoubeck > Harrelson
Singler > Jones
Scheyer > Knight
Smith > Lamb
Thomas < Miller
Dawkins < Liggins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom