• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
Seth C said:
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
LOL. Game over yeaaaaaaaaaah!

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Seth C said:
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

who were you rooting for?

Pollux

Seth C said:

haha love ya man....WE'RE BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!

GO BIG BLUE

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I can finally enjoy the rest of the tourney with the sheep gone. Still, gotta give them props for turning around the season after they got blasted by GT.

Now for the rest:

VCU vs Butler. Since Butler is not playing us, I kinda want them to win since the game last year was so hard fought. Too damn bad Hayward left, he would have done just as well to play this year, maybe win an NC and get drafted even higher than last year. Eric Maynor is gone so I have no hate for VCU.

Uconn vs UK: Meteor. Crooked program vs alleged crooked coach. It would be neat if Cal won just to see if it was vacated years later. I really don't have anything against UK so it would bother me if they win. Interesting since their team was not as talent as last years. If they do win, I wonder if Cal still sticks with his 4 draft picks = greatest day for UK ever comment.

I like Kemba Walker and I think Calhoun is a very good coach, one of the few I think is as good as K. That said, I don't like him at all, I think he's a sneak and there's enough scandal hanging over UCon that tarnishes his program. And there is 99 and 04, especially 04. I mad.

jjasper

SPRINGFIELD - Missouri State head basketball coach Cuonzo Martin announced his resignation from that post on Sunday (March 27) after three seasons with the Bears. He will be introduced as the next head coach at the University of Tennessee during a Monday press conference in Knoxville.

During his three seasons at MSU, Martin led the Bears to a 61-41 record, including 50 combined wins over the past two seasons - the third-most victories in a two-year span in school history. His 2010-11 squad finished 26-9 overall on the way to the program's first-ever Missouri Valley Conference regular-season title and 15-3 league record. The Bears fell to Indiana State in the finals of the MVC Tournament in St. Louis on March 6 and capped an unforgettable season by advancing to the second round of the National Invitation Tournament.

Martin was named 2011 MVC Coach of the Year, making him the first Missouri State sideline boss to earn the honor. He was also recently named as one of 16 finalists for two national coaching awards -- the Hugh Durham Mid-Major National Coach of the Year Award and the Ben Jobe Minority Coach of the Year Award, presented by CollegeInsider.com.

Martin's Bears were the 2010 CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament champions and defeated Pacific in the championship game to finish 24-12 overall. Since the start of the 2009-10 season, the Bears were 36-3 at JQH Arena and did not lose a non-conference game at home during that span.

According to Missouri State Director of Athletics Kyle Moats, a search for Martin's replacement will begin immediately with an unspecified timeline to name the program's 17th head basketball coach. The internal search committee will be comprised of Moats, Associate Athletics Director Casey Comoroski, University counsel Clif Smart, community representative Tom Strong, and a faculty representative.

Man that came out of now where he was only mentioned in passing. Could be worse I guess.

DominoKid

if only Roy would emphasize defending the 3 rather than collapsing on drives.

we go through this shit every year, multiple times a year. we always get beat like that.

anyway, 70-69, Marshall drove like an idiot. i dont care if he's wide fucking open, its not his shot to take. nobody shoots it but Barnes or Zeller.

anyway. this season was pretty fun and unexpected.
really enjoyed the progression of this team.
(assuming that everyone comes back, cause they need too) cant wait to what the additions of McAdoo, Hairston (and Bullock basically) do for this team.

our guys have gotta work on that bball IQ and a few select skills
Henson's post moves and IQ
McDonalds and Barnes ballhandling
Marshall's right hand.
Strickland's shooting.

among other things.

Pollux

Seth C said:
Anyway, I've got a place to stay in Houston. Just need to find tickets and either make the drive or fly down.

You lucky bastard...I'm jealous

I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight I'm so pumped up.

Welp, my tourny is all over, only had 3 elite 8's right and 0 final 4's. Good job to VCU and North Carolina for doing your part. Big fuck you to Pitt, Ohio, Michigan St and Duke for sucking hard. Next year- magic 8 ball.

VThwZ.png

DarkWish

So... GO VCU!!! I watched the game in their stadium and of course, people flipped shit when we won. People ran out into the streets, started climbing traffic lights, jumping on cars, lighting fireworks, climbing buildings and hanging VCU gear from them... it was crazy. From "First Four" to "Final Four"... it's been an incredible journey. I'm a senior at VCU and this was the first year I went to a basketball game... always wanted to go, but didn't want to go alone and my plans never lined up with friends. But this year... I went to almost every single game including an away game. I was a supporter even when we were on our losing streak near the end of the season.

And then... in the CAA, I was in the floor seats supporting my team for all the games. We beat Drexel, we got our revenge against George Mason, but then lost to our rivals Old Dominion. And now... nobody could have predicted this. I kept saying from the very beginning that we always have to think positive. I've known that our team plays with style. We aren't in the mindset of "we have to win"... it's "we have to prove everyone else wrong, we do deserve it". And we've already proven that, we've gone farther than we set out for... so now, we're just in it to have a good time. And that's when we play the best. So I'm incredibly excited that VCU is in the Final Four. I was out there celebrating in the streets with everyone else until I got hungry and wanted to play around with my new 3DS (I did take 3D photos of the celebration by the way).

So yea, it's been an incredible journey. I'm not one of those VCU fans that became a supporter once we got to the Sweet 16... I was there from the beginning of the season. And for fans like me, it's been totally worth experiencing all the ups and downs. Whatever happens now, I'm happy for our team. Having said that... VCU is going all the way. We are going to win this because we have nothing left to lose, we're just having a good time, and that's when we shine the most. GO RAMS!

EDIT: Oh yea, our team is coming home late tonight. I'm going to try and go and congratulate them. My roommate and the other students that took a bus down to Texas for the weekend will be here tomorrow evening, I can't wait to hear all their stories from being right in the midst of it all.

Bowser

Heartbreaking game. Henson committed some dumb fouls early on and took himself out of it. It hurt that no one could hit a shot besides Z early on. Dexter played an amazing game - for all the shit I give him when he puts up a J, I'm glad to have him on this team. Barnes really came on in the 2nd half, just looked like he ran out of gas. I wish Kendall would have been more patient when we had possession at 69-70, but he saw an opening and had the open layup (wish he would have switched hands).

UK was just lights out from 3. I wish Roy would have used some of those timeouts, especially when it was a 1pt UK lead with the ball from us. Good game tho, I nearly threw up and had a heart attack 20 times.

Now to hope everyone decides to come back...:(

Pollux

DarkWish said:
So... GO VCU!!! I watched the game in their stadium and of course, people flipped shit when we won. People ran out into the streets, started climbing traffic lights, jumping on cars, lighting fireworks, climbing buildings and hanging VCU gear from them... it was crazy. From "First Four" to "Final Four"... it's been an incredible journey. I'm a senior at VCU and this was the first year I went to a basketball game... always wanted to go, but didn't want to go alone and my plans never lined up with friends. But this year... I went to almost every single game including an away game. I was a supporter even when we were on our losing streak near the end of the season.

And then... in the CAA, I was in the floor seats supporting my team for all the games. We beat Drexel, we got our revenge against George Mason, but then lost to our rivals Old Dominion. And now... nobody could have predicted this. I kept saying from the very beginning that we always have to think positive. I've known that our team plays with style. We aren't in the mindset of "we have to win"... it's "we have to prove everyone else wrong, we do deserve it". And we've already proven that, we've gone farther than we set out for... so now, we're just in it to have a good time. And that's when we play the best. So I'm incredibly excited that VCU is in the Final Four. I was out there celebrating in the streets with everyone else until I got hungry and wanted to play around with my new 3DS (I did take 3D photos of the celebration by the way).

So yea, it's been an incredible journey. I'm not one of those VCU fans that became a supporter once we got to the Sweet 16... I was there from the beginning of the season. And for fans like me, it's been totally worth experiencing all the ups and downs. Whatever happens now, I'm happy for our team. Having said that... VCU is going all the way. We are going to win this because we have nothing left to lose, we're just having a good time, and that's when we shine the most. GO RAMS!

EDIT: Oh yea, our team is coming home late tonight. I'm going to try and go and congratulate them. My roommate and the other students that took a bus down to Texas for the weekend will be here tomorrow evening, I can't wait to hear all their stories from being right in the midst of it all.

Congrats man...I hope your coach can stay with y'all and doesn't go to one of the bigger schools. always like VCU had some friends that went there.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Bowser said:
Heartbreaking game. Henson committed some dumb fouls early on and took himself out of it. It hurt that no one could hit a shot besides Z early on. Dexter played an amazing game - for all the shit I give him when he puts up a J, I'm glad to have him on this team. Barnes really came on in the 2nd half, just looked like he ran out of gas. I wish Kendall would have been more patient when we had possession at 69-70, but he saw an opening and had the open layup (wish he would have switched hands).

UK was just lights out from 3. I wish Roy would have used some of those timeouts, especially when it was a 1pt UK lead with the ball from us. Good game tho, I nearly threw up and had a heart attack 20 times.

Zeller will, don't know about Threepio and Scarecrow is as gone is Irving is.

Pollux

Bowser said:

It was a good game. Now looking ahead to UCONN as long as we can stay out of foul trouble and put Liggins on Walker I like our chances. Especially if we can shoot anywhere nearly as close to what we did today from the three point line.

Smokey

Knux-Future said:
Jay Bilas is soooo salty on ESPN right now.

Fuck that guy.

What he say lol?

And I think I'm going to try and find tickets to the FF. I wasn't too hyped about it but after this weekends games and driving by Reliant Stadium seeing it decked out in FF gear has got me hyped.

weekend_warrior said:
Welp, my tourny is all over, only had 3 elite 8's right and 0 final 4's. Good job to VCU and North Carolina for doing your part. Big fuck you to Pitt, Ohio, Michigan St and Duke for sucking hard. Next year- magic 8 ball.

You had 4 #1's in the final four? That was your own fault, buddy. I think that only happened once ever.

Lunchbox

Banned
man everyone here was getting ready to face north carolina and now we get Kentucky

(just like last week everyone was ready for Duke and we got arizona, weird year)

jjasper

Thinking about the Cuonzo hire. I think it is probably the best the school could do given the circumstances and actually look forward to seeing what he can do. Hopefully we don't get hammered in June to the point that he can't succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom