• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 Spike VGAs: Dec 10th @ 7:30 PM EST, Streaming Online [Kojima: SO SORRY]

Pachimari

The workaround in Firefox worked, thanks a lot!

Though, is it me or is the video quality not that clear? Real pixelated kinda.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Is Gametrailers streaming it this year? If so then maybe that will work? GT usually doesn't have things region locked do they?

Dunno. Ginx are making a big deal about having the exclusive UK rights so I would guess all Viacom steams, at least, will be blocked.

Anyone who is unable to watch from home or stream can follow me on Twitter @RyanReynoldsIII. I'll be tweeting my reactions to the VGA's. Mostly the trailers and reveals but if any of the awards really jump out at me I'll probably say something about those too. I work for @XBLAFans but I'll be tweeting about stuff outside XBLA.

GrayFoxPL

Install This.
Restart firefox
Go to Tools>Add-ons>Modify Headers 0.7.1.1>Options
Under "Select Action" Select "Add"
In the box next to it type "X-Forwarded-For"
In the 2nd box type 212.69.208.1
Click the Add Button
Click "Start" in the top left corner
Click OK
Try This Link and the Live Stream should load.

You want the below image (but at the ginx site) not a video trailer

h9Duz.jpg

Where is start?

Anyway doesn't work for me :sad panda

Thanks for help though.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
If KOFXIII beats MvC3 i hope Kagari bans me cuz im gonna troll hard.

XD
Im joking please dont ban me

h9Duz.jpg

Where is start?

Anyway doesn't work for me :sad panda

Thanks for help though.

Click ok, right click the top bar with your tabs ect and select customise make sure "add-on bar" is ticked and you should have something like the below image, just click "Start" and everything should be okay.

Click to make bigger

Radec

What we want to win or what we think will win?

I'm going Skyrim either way.

what you think you want to win. :p

if a major title doesnt win some minor awards, it has a high probability of being goty.

skyrim has the highest chance though. even with the ps3 version issue.

Globox_82

Banned
To all those outside US who cant get the stream working with the current methods

This Is a UK stream, im not sure if its UK only but if it is they might not have the same restrictions that the SpikeTV site has.

We can use the Modify Headers method but this time using a UK ip.

Install This.
Restart firefox
Go to Tools>Add-ons>Modify Headers 0.7.1.1>Options
Under "Select Action" Select "Add"
In the box next to it type "X-Forwarded-For"
In the 2nd box type 212.69.208.1
Click the Add Button
Click "Start" in the top left corner
Click OK
Try This Link and the Live Stream should load.

You want the below image (but at the ginx site) not a video trailer

I can't see start anywhere, wtf

Looking at picture above, I don't have start, ahaha crazy.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Are we sure it's still 2 reveals we know nothing about? I know at least 1 hasn't been teased yet.

The_Monk

Thanks StalkerUKCG it worked! Since I'm in Europe chances for a better stream for me is the Uk one instead of the US one, right?

Now I'll be waiting, is there a time line so I can see how many hours left GAF?

Stuart444

ginx.tv seems to be basically the Gametrailers stream but set up for UK Ips (click the flash player and see what I mean)

Ah well, at least it's a good player then.

kenji

do you guys know how long will be the show? It'll start a 1.30 AM for me and I can watch it if it won't be longer than ~1 hour :S

Thanks StalkerUKCG it worked! Since I'm in Europe chances for a better stream for me is the Uk one instead of the US one, right?

Now I'll be waiting, is there a time line so I can see how many hours left GAF?

6 hours... Maybe id wager spikeTV have better servers than the UK stream, you can try both.

I can't see start anywhere, wtf

Looking at picture above, I don't have start, ahaha crazy.

Try,

Click ok, right click the top bar with your tabs ect and select customise make sure "add-on bar" is ticked and you should have something like the below image, just click "Start" and everything should be okay.

Click to make bigger

The_Monk

Ok I have both Uk and US links working. In the US I can see video previews, however, everytime the Medal of Honor pops up it says I can watch this video from my location, but the others I can... I just watched the SSX video. Strange?

Top Bottom