• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Australian Open Tennis Championships (Melbourne, Jan. 14-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

qindarka

Banned
Berdych consolidates but I still can't see him giving Djokovic trouble here. Djokovic seems to give him so much trouble on his service games, is defending so well as usual.

qindarka

Banned
Well done Berdych in this second set. I get the feeling he has been playing above his level though with Djokovic dipping slightly. Don't think he can keep this up. Djokovic still looks invincible and I would still back him to win this set.

Only a matter of time before Berdych cracks on his serve.

Update: He held again but again it seems he has to play so well just to win points on his serve.

God damn @ Berdych's girlfriend @_@

article-2199059-14DC5415000005DC-235_306x457_zps7716315a.jpg

For those that need a pic :D

qindarka

Banned
Clutchdych. I hope he proves me wrong and keeps this up. Some free points on his serve would be nice, he held 5 straight times but none were comfortable. Had to hit incredible winners to save BPs and can't rely on that.

MIMIC

Banned
Novak really plays well after having to deal with some type of adversity.

After marathon match, he comes into the next one and steamrolls Berdych in the 1st set.
Now he's up 5-0 after dropping the 2nd set.

That's what I call regrouping.

Globox_82

Banned
I don't think Novak is in great form. Longer off season has affected him imo. He seems to play hot-cold and I am afraid that won't fly in the final against Roger. Mats said 9 SF, it's 11. But Mats 's "love" for Novak is well know and his "hate" for Roger as well.

Serena. There.

She's definitely the favorite, but Sharapova isn't that big of an underdog (this is based off vegas odds).

And Azarenka has a shot but she's a pretty decent underdog right now.

EDIT: Shockingly to me, in Mens Novak is favored (obviously) but Murray has better odds to win it all than Roger. Besides those 3, Vegas thinks nobody else has a chance lol.

szaromir

Banned
I don't think Novak is in great form. Longer off season has affected him imo. He seems to play hot-cold and I am afraid that won't fly in the final against Roger. Mats said 9 SF, it's 11. But Mats 's "love" for Novak is well know and his "hate" for Roger as well.
What do you mean? Wilander called Murray and Nadal "only really talented tennis players", while Djoker and Fedex are "superhuman" to him. Seems he loves both Djoker and Fedex.

Globox_82

Banned
What do you mean? Wilander called Murray and Nadal "only really talented tennis players", while Djoker and Fedex are "superhuman" to him. Seems he loves both Djoker and Fedex.

I think he respect Novaks achivements, but I don't think he likes Novak. He said so many stupid shit about Novak through the years that one could write a book.

Like 9 straight SF. He knows it's 11th, with which he surpased Pete, Roger of course has 23 straight, Novak is now second of all time with 11. and after the match interview
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/djokovic-happy-performance-162221845.html

Mats congratulates Novak for 9th staight SF, Novak a class act doesn't say anything, even if he knows its 11th. Don't believe me it's 11th http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novak_Djokovic scroll down. Started Wimbledon 2010

can't wait for tsonga vs Roger. Let's hope tsonga can take a set at least.

First real test for Federer. It's been pretty smooth sailing for him, but he's looked great.

I'm going to miss it tomorrow; definitely try to catch some post-game highlights. Tsonga is a good player, I really like him. But my love for Federer will always prevail

Globox_82

Banned
First real test for Federer. It's been pretty smooth sailing for him, but he's looked great.

I'm going to miss it tomorrow; definitely try to catch some post-game highlights. Tsonga is a good player, I really like him. But my love for Federer will always prevail

I think Roger in 3. He is serving unreal. Only Andy and Novak can break him atm. MAybe he takes a set but I think Roger is playing great. I hope tsonga can push him.....although tbh I haven't seen anything of Tsonga matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom